PDA

View Full Version : Yet another event! Weston Park Transport show

goughy
01-02-11, 04:00 PM
Hi All
The Midlands Festival of Transport is now called the Weston Park Transport Show. It is on the 24th and 25th April. Entry fee is 3.00 for car, driver and passenger, so good value. Clubs can book but there must be a minimum of 4 vehicles and it is recommended to book as early as poss for the Weston event. Preferably at least a month before. There are different categories to cater for all types of vehicles. ie Classic sports cars, Kit cars etc. If you register to go, you have to be there between the hours of 11 to 4.30.
Anyone interested?
Regards
David

nick986
01-02-11, 08:07 PM
Its good to see someone else organise an event in our local area. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this one due to other commitments, but I do hope other members support you, especially the West Mids members as it is right on their door step.
Just a little help with the advertising
http://www.transtarpromotions.com/westonpk.html (http://www.transtarpromotions.com/westonpk.html)
In fact, Transtart organise lots of events in the Midlands and I hope I will be able to attend most of them.
Further info of this years events can be found at the following web site. Also watch the events forum for more details as I will post more info near the time of the event.
http://www.transtarpromotions.com/ (http://www.transtarpromotions.com/)
Once again, well done David, I hope to see you at our next meet on the 20th Feb.

goughy
01-02-11, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the vote of support Nick. I was hoping that no one would think I was trying to step on your toes. Back to you after this one
Regards
David

nick986
01-02-11, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the vote of support Nick. I was hoping that no one would think I was trying to step on your toes. Back to you after this one
Regards
David

Do not be daft the more other people do the better for everyone.

rob marshall
02-02-11, 07:49 PM
Hello Gents
I am up for Weston park event & Feb meet car weather & health permitting.
Regards Rob Marshall

goughy
02-02-11, 09:17 PM
looks like only 2 of us then Rob!!
Regards
David

RCCob
02-02-11, 09:21 PM
Hello Gents
I am up for Weston park event & Feb meet car weather & health permitting.
Regards Rob Marshall

Hi Rob, I went last year not a bad weekend there was only a couple of us in Cobra's tho. The weather can be a bit hit and miss, not to bad last year all be it cold. If I get the car done by then I will be there:rolleyes:

Regards Russ

bloke from stoke
02-02-11, 10:29 PM
Hi Rob, I went last year not a bad weekend there was only a couple of us in Cobra's tho. The weather can be a bit hit and miss, not to bad last year all be it cold. If I get the car done by then I will be there:rolleyes:

Regards Russ

What do you mean IF? Of course it will be done in time :p:p, all Cobra projects stay on schedule:rolleyes:

Kind regards Lester

RCCob
03-02-11, 06:23 PM
What do you mean IF? Of course it will be done in time :p:p, all Cobra projects stay on schedule:rolleyes:

Kind regards Lester

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lester but I am struggling to find a clutch to fit me lightened flywheel:confused:

Russ

bloke from stoke
03-02-11, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Lester but I am struggling to find a clutch to fit me lightened flywheel:confused:

Russ

Oh dear, whats the issue with the clutch,pressure plate or drive plate, can't the engine builder help

Kind regards Lester

RCCob
03-02-11, 07:34 PM
Oh dear, whats the issue with the clutch,pressure plate or drive plate, can't the engine builder help

Kind regards Lester

The fly wheel is super light and the pressure plate and friction plate are smaller than the standard RV8. I've not been able to get down to JE developments to get one, so the engine swap may stop for a while. I'm only able to work on the car for six hours on a Sunday. I also thought the price was a bit steep at 300 plus:rolleyes:

Russ

bloke from stoke
03-02-11, 07:39 PM
The fly wheel is super light and the pressure plate and friction plate are smaller than the standard RV8. I've not been able to get down to JE developments to get one, so the engine swap may stop for a while. I'm only able to work on the car for six hours on a Sunday. I also thought the price was a bit steep at 300 plus:rolleyes:

Russ

Hi Russ have you got the old clutch parts, if so, do they have any numbers stamped on them

Kind regards Lester

kev
03-02-11, 08:52 PM

Russ

If it's a standard RV8 pattern going to a R380 or LT77 then try a standard clutch from an MGBRV8, it'll take at least 300BHP.

Kev
edit

ignore; the postings crossed!

Kev

kev
03-02-11, 08:56 PM
Hi Russ have you got the old clutch parts, if so, do they have any numbers stamped on them

Kind regards Lester

Given the price they want for a clutch you may be better off having the flywheel drilled to the RV8 pattern. My flywheel is superlight billet steel and the MGBRV8 clutch is fine.

Kev

RCCob
03-02-11, 10:17 PM
Given the price they want for a clutch you may be better off having the flywheel drilled to the RV8 pattern. My flywheel is superlight billet steel and the MGBRV8 clutch is fine.

Kev

Cheers kev here is a pic of flywheel, I cant get to measure it up till Sunday. Got take Jane to look for a new car as she forgot to put anti freeze in it, well lets just say its now beyond economical repair:rolleyes:

Russ

nick986
04-02-11, 07:04 AM
Warning. Warning . Thread Hijack.

:rolleyes:

RCCob
04-02-11, 05:38 PM

:rolleyes:

Ah! this is true but in my defence I only said I may not make it to Weston due to the Cob not been finished. I'm not one for pointing a finger LESTER:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

robcob
04-02-11, 05:42 PM
Cheers kev here is a pic of flywheel, I cant get to measure it up till Sunday. Got take Jane to look for a new car as she forgot to put anti freeze in it, well lets just say its now beyond economical repair:rolleyes:

Russ

Russ is that the right size spigot bearing for a manual box:!:, btw that flywheel looks mighty light and lethal if it gives way:mrgreen:.

rob

RCCob
04-02-11, 06:22 PM
Russ is that the right size spigot bearing for a manual box:!:, btw that flywheel looks mighty light and lethal if it gives way:mrgreen:.

rob

Not checked it yet, I was going to replace it any way:rolleyes: But I do think I will struggle to get to Weston:mrgreen: when I order my new clutch and pressure plate. I will know more on Sunday when I remove the gear box from the 3.5 lump. I see Weston park is getting closer Nick have you got your tickets yet? Rob thanks for the loan of crane, I will be rebuilding the top of the new motor on Sunday, pop down if you want.

Regards Russ

bloke from stoke
04-02-11, 11:14 PM
Ah! this is true but in my defence I only said I may not make it to Weston due to the Cob not been finished. I'm not one for pointing a finger LESTER:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

All the best threads get hijacked;), I seem to remember Mice and the ketching of, croping up in the most inappropriate places, a few weeks
agoNICK mate:rolleyes:. At least it bumps the thread to the top again.,

I had the same thoughts as Rob as to the spiggot bearing and the possible fragility of the flywheel but did not feel I had enough knowledge to comment (still don't:confused:)

Kind regards Lester

PS Russ, you grass:mrgreen:, anyway anyone going to Weston Park;)

RCCob
05-02-11, 02:55 PM
All the best threads get hijacked;), I seem to remember Mice and the ketching of, croping up in the most inappropriate places, a few weeks
agoNICK mate:rolleyes:. At least it bumps the thread to the top again.,

I had the same thoughts as Rob as to the spiggot bearing and the possible fragility of the flywheel but did not feel I had enough knowledge to comment (still don't:confused:)

Kind regards Lester

PS Russ, you grass:mrgreen:, anyway anyone going to Weston Park;)

I have been called things before but never Grass, yes Lester there is Grass at WESTON lots of it:mrgreen::mrgreen:. So who is bringing the camping stove and bacon, tea, coffee. It cost us a fortune for food on site last year. We have a small single burner but could do with a double to keep the water on. Now lets get back on thread, who knows what size the prop bolts are? I need to replace them because when I did the gearbox last year I put some Loctite on them, well quite a bit and now the nuts are lets say unusable. May be I will go easy on the loctite this time:rolleyes:

Russ

Stopmeandbuy1
06-02-11, 10:19 AM
Should be able to make one of the days weather permitting, I will keep an eye on the thread to see what day most are going.

FIABLUE
06-02-11, 04:54 PM
Hi,
I should be able to make it, not sure what day this early on though,looking forward to meeting other cobra nuts,been to the show before but never had the pleasure of showing a car there,
COL.