PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel options

Les
03-02-11, 08:40 PM
Evening all

I have been thinking about what steering wheel to buy for my Sumo. I want to buy a leather one as i dont really like the wooden ones.
Any one got any ideas/photos on which one to go for?
What diameter would be best?
I would like it to be IVA compliant if possible.
Thanks

Les

AlexB74
04-02-11, 02:28 PM
Hi Les,

I'm also hants based, I've got a mountney leather one on Pilgrim mk2 - cant remember what size off the top of my head though but PM me, you are welcome to come round and have a look/feel to get an idea on clearances etc.

Alex

Highlander
04-02-11, 04:56 PM
I found one that I tought was a good compromise.

Until I saw the 475 price tag!! :confused:

goughy
04-02-11, 05:14 PM
Hi Les
It comes down to personal preference, but a word of warning, many of the 'nice' ones will not pass IVA.
Regards
David

route66
04-02-11, 06:28 PM

Thats VERY funky. 475 ....... oh dear :(

tigergreen
04-02-11, 06:35 PM
Unless IVA has changed from SVA w.r.t steering wheels, the only wheel that was acceptable to the examiner when I SVA'd my Tiger in 2009 was the original Sierra one from the donor.
He argued that from a safety point of view, the Sierra wheel is designed in conjunction with its collapsable steering column to deform in the event of an accident.
He went on to say that since after-market steering wheels are not designed as an integral part specific to a particular column, it is not possible to guarantee that they would deform correctly - if at all, in the event of an accident.

bloke from stoke
04-02-11, 11:19 PM

That one has been dropped:p

Regards Lester