PDA

View Full Version : iva help

cperry
05-02-11, 05:57 PM
hi folks, at the back of the doors at the top how do we finish the door seals for the IVA man. I have the chromed finisher that Pilgrim supply but it looks a little sharp to me, as does the small metal section in the of the rubber seal.

I'll try and get a photo tomorrow to show you where I mean, might make it a little clearer to understand what i'm going on about.

JimmyJazz
05-02-11, 07:11 PM
You don't have to finish them, as when the doors shut they're not a contactable edge.

cobracol
06-02-11, 11:26 AM
you can buy chrome door trim finnishers from S&J Motors 01257 262881 , but they need a bit of modification to fit

KevinW
06-02-11, 01:39 PM
I used the Pilgrim item for sva, without a problem.
They do end up being buried in carpet anyway, so I wouldnt worry. never heard of anyone else having a problem with them

cperry
06-02-11, 04:21 PM
I used the Pilgrim item for sva, without a problem.
They do end up being buried in carpet anyway, so I wouldnt worry. never heard of anyone else having a problem with them

Thanks Kevin, any chance of a piccy, it's not exactly clear which way round / up or backwards they're supposed to fit

KevinW
06-02-11, 06:08 PM
see if i can find them in any of the old pics, as i cant exactly pop out and take a snap!

you can just about make out one of them here

http://www.cobraclub.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3521/size/big/cat//ppuser/3240

the plate with the holes goes in-board and then the plate just 'hooks over' the top of the tube-ey part of the rubber sealing strip. When you are happy with the fit just drill 2 holes and add stainless domehead screws. I counter-sunk mine just to be awkward.

StewbieC
06-02-11, 06:29 PM
If there's any issues with sharp edges some vinyl trim and double sided carpet tape helped me out. Nothing was an issue but a bit of reassurance steadies the nerves makes the IVA test less stressfull.

cperry
07-02-11, 07:37 PM
sorry guys, still struggling here.

If I am right this is how it fits but it's well contactable and well sharp.

WHY DO I NEED TO STICK SILLY BITS OF CARPET TO EVERYTHING TO PASS AN IVA TEST, I WANT IT RIGHT FIRST TIME !!!!!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!!

Steve
07-02-11, 07:43 PM
If its contactable and sharp....it shouldn't be.

best speak to the factory for their suggestions

tonym
07-02-11, 10:38 PM
sorry guys, still struggling here.

If I am right this is how it fits but it's well contactable and well sharp.

WHY DO I NEED TO STICK SILLY BITS OF CARPET TO EVERYTHING TO PASS AN IVA TEST, I WANT IT RIGHT FIRST TIME !!!!!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!!

I had mine horizontal not vertical like you have it in the picture, also the one you show I had on the other side, you can just see it on this picture. Passed SVA ok so don't think IVA has changed for projections at that point in the car!

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/members/tonym-albums-sumo-picture691-show-totty.html

Steve
07-02-11, 10:49 PM
you can just see it on this picture.

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/members/tonym-albums-sumo-picture691-show-totty.html

You serously think anyone is looking at the door seal cover in that picture...clearly the totty was unharmed by the dangerous sharp pointy thing....

tonym
07-02-11, 10:51 PM
You serously think anyone is looking at the door seal cover in that picture...clearly the totty was unharmed by the dangerous sharp pointy thing....

Here's the front view

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/members/tonym-albums-sumo-picture690-show-totty.html

Steve
07-02-11, 11:09 PM
nope, still cant see the dangerous pointy iva thingy the OP was wanting to see fitted...

Miket
08-02-11, 10:44 AM
This is how I fitted mine, but yours look different to what he supplied me in 2000

KevinW
08-02-11, 11:34 AM
Mikes, Tony's and my edge trim finishers all look the same to me, although Tony's obviously came with a distracting maskot.

The S&J items are i think usually used on AKs. I actually bought a pair, as they look very nice, but couldnt work out how to use them on the sumo.