View Full Version : Water temp guage

10-08-01, 12:49 AM
I have a smiths style water temp guage, (like lots of other owners) and 350SBC engine with edlebrock inlet, question is what do people do in terms of fitting a temp sender to the inlet? I have a smiths sender but is way to small a thread? I have seen a fitting on cylinder head side but I do not have (as far as I can see) this hole as my heads are '62 327 'vettee heads.

any answers would be appreciated.


10-08-01, 09:44 AM

I fitted my temp sender into the inlet manifold (Edelbrock) using an adaptor, which I think I got from Europa. - Works fine.
Hope that helps.


John Tisbury
10-08-01, 01:48 PM
Hi Graham

I got my gauges from Speedy Cables and they supplied an brass enlarger insert to convert to Edlebrock TokerII manifold.

They will need to know the thread size and width.
Contact them on:

Speedy Cables Ltd, The Mews
St Paul Street
London, N1 7BU
Phone: 0171 226 9228

10-08-01, 07:31 PM
Cheers chaps, I will give them a bell.


10-08-01, 09:13 PM
Hi there my sender is fitted in the cylinder head by the ex,manifold as per instructions from Real Steel this is the hottest point on the engine.
I had to machine an adaptor to fit
Paul :-)