PDA

View Full Version : EBC Pads

nbracken
24-08-01, 10:09 PM
I wanted to improve the brake performance on the front of my Jag based Unique Autocraft Python. A friend in the club recommended replacing the standard pads with some manufactured by EBC - their road pads are called "Green".

I can thoroughly recommend them to other members that wish to improve their brake performance. The difference is really noticeable.

Nigel B

robert
24-08-01, 10:12 PM
Nigel

I use Pagid pads, which are the road race pads and are reasonably soft, and they stop an a tuppence.

Another alternative to EBC.

Best Regards

Rob

steve_a_uk
25-08-01, 09:33 PM
Hi nigel,

Where is the best place to get the pads from??

steve

nbracken
26-08-01, 10:28 AM
Address for EBC pads is

Powerstop Brakes, tel./fax 0044-1608-646837 (Chipping Norton, Oxon), e-mail sales@powerstop.co.uk, contact Colin Cooper

Regards

Nigel B

agwebsites
31-08-01, 03:29 PM
Iíll second that, EBC Green Stuff pads are really good for fast road cars especially when used with their grooved / drilled fast road disks and at that price it is shame not to use them.
I used Black Diamond for years but after seeing/trying EBC in a few road cars I now use EBC, and they are cheaper. I think the last lot was £120 for the front disks and pads set.
They are going on the Cobra in the hopes that the extra stopping power will mean I can down size to standard Sierra disks and callipers to reduce weight around the wheels.
In answer as to where to get them, everywhere even your local Motor World / Charlie Browns etc. will probably get them in for you.

wilf
31-08-01, 07:05 PM
Am using Mintex 1144 pads at present - what difference to do think there would be between these and the EBC greens? Won't the EBC pads wear out rather quickly? Do you have to use special discs, or will my plain old spiral cross drilled/vented ones do?
Lastly, what about the balance front/rear if I were to only change the fronts?

Wilf

nbracken
01-09-01, 07:49 AM
Am using Mintex 1144 pads at present - what difference to do think there would be between these and the EBC greens?
I don't know I have no experience with Mintex 1144

Won't the EBC pads wear out rather quickly?
I have heard from others that they do wear more quickly especially if you do a lot of track day stuff. In this case it is prbably better to have a set of EBC Reds in the tool kit ready to fit when you go on the track.

Do you have to use special discs, or will my plain old spiral cross drilled/vented ones do?
Spiral and/or cross drilled will both work well with EBC Green

Lastly, what about the balance front/rear if I were to only change the fronts?
Only changing the fronts should not cause a problem, but do not only change the rear for obvious reasons.

Nigel B