PDA

View Full Version : Supaflex Bushes

PeteT
02-09-01, 09:55 PM
About to refit my anti roll bar and supaflex bushes also anti roll bar rose joint and bar to my DAX after having some bitz chromed, ooohhh..
Just an afterthought!- should these bushes (polyurathene i believe) be fitted dry or should they be greased up a bit ?? If so, what type of grease ?
Also Made some rather `trick` stainless chassis rail covers,from sheet,over the weekend for my engine bay area very pleased with the result (cheers Steve!) for a first attempt and limited tools. Cut with aviation snips and bent in the Workmate! Have ordered a small sheet bender from Frosts for my next work - Engine bay sidewalls etc.,Not relly hard at all if you take your time and measure up correctly- give it a go. Wondering what to fix this with to the chassis rails??? Possibly `No Nails`from the Do It All or the `Worth` body adhesive ?? Any advice please..

Cheers guys- this Cobra thing really does `bite` you don`t it....Can`t get enough.:9 More entertaining than Sex! :P

imported_admin
02-09-01, 10:07 PM
I think your doing the SEX wrong then !!!!!! You were'nt in the navy by any chance :-(

PeteT
02-09-01, 11:25 PM
No- But i once shagged a Princess... (car that is )!!He,He:P
Women are alwight, but you can`t beat the real thing:D

Neil
03-09-01, 01:36 AM
Pete
Polyurathene bushes should be fitted with a thin coating of molybdenum grease.

No Nails or Gripfill will break down in the heat and damp of an engine bay, a polyurethane adhesive would be a better choice.

Any chance of some pics of your handy work?

Neil

nbracken
03-09-01, 10:09 PM
>About to refit my anti roll bar and supaflex bushes also anti roll bar
>rose joint and bar to my DAX after having some bitz chromed, ooohhh..
> Just an afterthought!- should these bushes (polyurathene i
>believe) be fitted dry or should they be greased up a bit ?? If so,
>what type of grease ?
>Also Made some rather `trick` stainless chassis rail covers,from
>sheet,over the weekend for my engine bay area very pleased with the
>result (cheers Steve!) for a first attempt and limited tools. Cut
>with aviation snips and bent in the Workmate! Have ordered a small
>sheet bender from Frosts for my next work - Engine bay sidewalls
>etc.,Not relly hard at all if you take your time and measure up
>correctly- give it a go. Wondering what to fix this with to the
>chassis rails??? Possibly `No Nails`from the Do It All or the `Worth`
>body adhesive ?? Any advice please..
>
>Cheers guys- this Cobra thing really does `bite` you don`t
>it....Can`t get enough.:9 More entertaining than Sex! :P

Re fixing the stainless to the chassis rails, you will be surprised just how well you can fix stuff using clear bathroom silicone sealer - really - withstands heat and moisture over a long period.

Regards

Nigel B

PeteT
04-09-01, 10:35 PM
Thanks guys. Guess i will give the silicone a go then. Will put some pictures up when i can work out how to get a picture from my digital camcorder onto my pc. Cheers Peter

steve_a_uk
05-09-01, 05:58 PM
Hello Pete,

glad to hear that you are pleased with the stainless and hope it looks as good as it sounds.....:7

cheers

steve

JP
05-09-01, 11:54 PM
when you buy supaflex bushes they should come with the required lubricant

JP

RigMan
07-09-01, 11:37 AM
As I understand it, supperflex bushes should NOT be lubricated, as they are made of a self lubricating material, that is half the point of them! Additionally, placing chemicals on them will degrade the material further. In order to aid installation of these items, just use a bit of washing up liqued!

This information comes from Jaguar classisc spares who supply DAX with their bushes!

RigMan:-)

Neil
07-09-01, 05:26 PM
Fitting instructions supplied with my bushes:

(a)Remove all dust, previous bush residue, paint or grease from contact surfaces prior to fitment.

(b)Do not fit new bushes to worn, rusty or distorted fittings.

(c)Lighty coat contact surfaces with molybdenum grease prior to fitment.

(d)Insert the stainless steel sleeve (where applicable) after the bushes are installed into their housing.

(e)Immersing high-interference fit bushes in boiling water can assist fitting.

(f) Bushes must not come into contact with alcohol-based solvents such as MEK, Methanol or Methylated spirit.

Bushes all came with a small packet of molybdenum grease.

I was told you should never use washing up liquid on any bare metel surface as it will corrode over time if not washed off.

Neil