PDA

View Full Version : That's it all over

dave.n
18-03-11, 08:38 PM
Hi All
As many in the South East area know, I have been searching for a long time for some gullible mug (UNSUSPECTING HERO) (only joking) to take on the rep’s role for possibly one of the largest Cobra region’s in the country. It really has been a long time coming. I have found that with a slight career change and the impending house move I have for a long time admitted that I am no longer serving our deserving CRC region in the way I used to. I had kept my name in the mag to fill a place that would be otherwise void. I will not be leaving the cobra world or getting rid of the cobra. I have promised to help with any events I can and so this is not a goodbye as much as a he’s in charge now.

I am going to hand over to one hell of a nice guy and really hope everyone gives him the support they have given me over the years.

Before I give away his name I would like to thank everyone who has helped me, because without you guy’s there is no club. Thank you.

The new Big Cheese, Head Honcho, Numero Uno, Top Cat, South East Regional Rep is.........................................Steve Maycock.
Please treat him with the respect he deserves and I truly wish him well.

Purple AK
18-03-11, 08:51 PM
Hi All
As many in the South East area know, I have been searching for a long time for some gullible mug (UNSUSPECTING HERO) (only joking) to take on the repís role for possibly one of the largest Cobra regionís in the country. It really has been a long time coming. I have found that with a slight career change and the impending house move I have for a long time admitted that I am no longer serving our deserving CRC region in the way I used to. I had kept my name in the mag to fill a place that would be otherwise void. I will not be leaving the cobra world or getting rid of the cobra. I have promised to help with any events I can and so this is not a goodbye as much as a heís in charge now.

I am going to hand over to one hell of a nice guy and really hope everyone gives him the support they have given me over the years.

Before I give away his name I would like to thank everyone who has helped me, because without you guyís there is no club. Thank you.

The new Big Cheese, Head Honcho, Numero Uno, Top Cat, South East Regional Rep is.........................................Steve Maycock.
Please treat him with the respect he deserves and I truly wish him well. Thanks for all you've done over the years Dave ;) We've had a blast! Or several!!! :razz:

Clarkson
18-03-11, 10:19 PM
Is that steve with the blue sumo?:confused:

robinj66
18-03-11, 10:43 PM
Dave
Sorry to hear you're stepping down - let me echo Chris' thanks for all your efforts over the last few years.

Hope to see you out & about:cool:

steve_h
18-03-11, 10:56 PM
Dave C, Its not me its Steve with the GD

Well done for taking over and a big thank you to Dave N for all your hard work

So how about a big turnout next week then?

I'm in

Steve with the Sumo.

Purple AK
19-03-11, 08:38 PM
Dave C, Its not me its Steve with the GD

Well done for taking over and a big thank you to Dave N for all your hard work

So how about a big turnout next week then?

I'm in

Steve with the Sumo.
Met Check says 7 days of sunny weather, and rain on sunday!!!!!!! :( :mad:

slogger
19-03-11, 09:44 PM
Dave n thanks for your service over the years. Wishing you the very best and see you around.

A big hi to the new guy in breach...........all the best Steve.

steveym
22-03-11, 05:07 PM
Hi all,
Firstly a big thanks to Dave for all his work with the south-east region :)

Most of the guys who make the Grasshopper meets probably know me already but just as a quick intro...

I joined the club while I was looking for a kit to build and found the club forums a great source of info which helped me both choose and complete my kit. I think without the help on this site I'd still be in my garage working out how to put the damn thing together...

I finished around four years ago now and since then have been attending the regular local meets as much as possible, and also tagging along to some of the events organised both by Dave in this region and by the Hants and Surrey owners. Not being a mechanical genius like some of the other guys on these forums I've never been a big contributor here but I thought by helping with this region I may be able to find other ways to put something back into the club.

Hopefully I can continue Dave's good work and help to organise further events for the club in the future....Now that the weather is finally starting to improve please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for other events in addition to our regular monthly get together at the Grasshopper.

Thanks all - fingers crossed for Sun on Sunday :-)

Steve

V8 BJC
22-03-11, 07:40 PM
Dave - big thanks from Emma and myself. Had a great time at many events organised by your over many years. Top job!

Steve - well done mate. Hoping to put my engine back where it belongs this weekend so should be out and about very soon.

kenf
22-03-11, 08:20 PM
Big thank you to Dave for everything you've done for us and to Steve for taking up the reins.

Well done those men!

dave.n
24-03-11, 05:24 PM
Cheers all it's been a pleasure.:D
Not going anywhere, just handing over to a decent chap with the South east region in mind.

Steve
Remember your not alone and if I can help in anyway then I will. Spoken to Purple and if I carry on with Detling and introduce you to Cookie at the show we can hand over nicely.:D

Hope to manage to get to the meet this sunday:razz:

What's that......................no rain on club meet day ??????????????:cool:

steveym
25-03-11, 09:53 AM
Great....Cya on Sunday :)

Robin427
25-03-11, 08:45 PM
If I can get the GD MOT'd tomorrow then I'll try to make it on Sunday too! I think when I bought the petrol in the tank it was about 90p a litre... :o

Robin427
26-03-11, 01:16 PM
If I can get the GD MOT'd tomorrow then I'll try to make it on Sunday too! I think when I bought the petrol in the tank it was about 90p a litre... :o

Sod. Failed MOT and although I've fixed the faults (handbrake needed adjusting and one of the rear light bulbs wasn't screwed in tight enough so wasn't coming on) the MOT centre has closed for the day so can't get my retest in until Monday... :(

dave.n
26-03-11, 07:03 PM
Don't forget clocks go forwards tonight or you may find we moved on to woodman,

Purple AK
26-03-11, 07:29 PM
*4&%!!!!&*" :mad: Robins post has just prompted me to look at my MOT :( It's10 days out of date!!!!!!!!!! :( :cry: Have a good one guys :cry:

Robin427
27-03-11, 09:16 AM
*4&%!!!!&*" :mad: Robins post has just prompted me to look at my MOT :( It's10 days out of date!!!!!!!!!! :( :cry: Have a good one guys :cry:

I only checked mine the day after it had expired. Was fun driving to the MOT centre yesterday... not by the shortest route, I admit, but a pain having to drive back in disgrace with a red certificate

sumoboy
27-03-11, 10:28 AM
Thank you to Dave for all your time and support....
Welcome to Steve a worthy replacement....