PDA

View Full Version : Starter Motor for Ford 302

Jonathan
24-09-01, 11:56 AM
I need to get a replacement starter motor for my Ford 302..... can anyone tell me which one I should get.

wilf
24-09-01, 04:58 PM
Try talking to Real Steel, sure they would sort you out. If engine has no mods (i.e. compression ratio std) then std starter should do, unless you desperately want to save weight with a "special".

Wilf

Jonathan
24-09-01, 11:13 PM
Can you elaborate when you say "standard" ?

wilf
25-09-01, 01:11 PM
Std = the cheapest!!!

Wilf

Jonathan
02-10-01, 02:09 PM
Wilf,

Because I know NOTHING about working on cars I was attempting to work out what type the starter motor was so I could buy a new one, then get someone to remove the old one and fit the new, all in one operation. However, I looked on a few websites (www.fordmuscle.com is an interesting and informative one) and discovered there is a huge variety of starters, so I threw caution to the wind, got under/over the car and removed the old starter myself.

I then went to Real Steel as you suggested who had an exact replacement in stock. Fitted it again in a few minutes and now I'm back on the road.

Now I'm just waiting for a break in the rain........

Cheers,
Jonathan

RigMan
02-10-01, 04:52 PM
....................from little acorns...

RigMan:D

wilf
02-10-01, 06:32 PM
Jonathan - I am really proud of you - you went outside of your comfort zone on behalf of the Cobra! Excellent!
Glad it worked out Ok - now what about changing those heads/that cam/the carb/the exhaust/the gearbox/hi comp pistons???????

Only thing I can't recommend is playing with your rear end!

Wilf