PDA

View Full Version : Boot Hinges

Shelby
20-10-01, 05:38 PM
Now for the second question of the day, has anyone fitted internal boot hinges to a Dax, if so, how did you do it? what did you use?

GUMBALL
20-10-01, 05:50 PM
Shelby,

I'm half way through fabricating some from scratch at the moment (in between other non-cobra related jobs) as I wanted to lose the external hinges that have been in place for the last two years. This will probably develop into other jobs, as it usually does when the winter draws in (colour change, re-site filler cap, nitrous??? maybe etc. etc....). I'll let you know how I get on.

GUMBALL

Shelby
20-10-01, 05:58 PM
I think i read somwhere a while ago someone used a second set of bonnet hinges for the boot, but there must be other ready made solutions.

Bob
20-10-01, 08:21 PM
Europer sell a set of internal hinges they look similar to the ones used by Hawk.

kev
21-10-01, 12:18 AM
I fabricated a set of internal hinges for my AK. It was a bit of a ballache but I think worth it. Make sure you get enough eccenticity on the hinge as mine looked OK but when the body got v. hot in the sun, the inner lip of the bootlid just caught on the body, but onl;y when it was really hot.

Kev