PDA

View Full Version : Meeting on Sunday 10th

Murray
05-04-11, 07:49 PM
The next meet is at Betty Cottles near Okehampton.

Betty Cottles Inn, Okehampton, Devon | Hotel | Camping | B&B | Bunk House (http://www.bettycottles.co.uk/)

Post code for Sat Nav's EX20 4LR.

Not far off the A30 so easy to get to from North and South. It WILL be a nice sunny day so lets see loads of you loverly people with your Cobs out.

I believe the price of the carvery includes a dessert, so get there early!

Look forwards to seeing you :cool:

westborne
06-04-11, 10:39 AM
Forecast is Good - should be there with a bit of luck. We aiming for 12 Murray?
We might even see Chimera - Ant you allowed out in the Demonstrator?

Murray
06-04-11, 08:00 PM
Yes Chris 12:00 as usual, WOW! the "DEMONSTRATOR" that would be great!

westborne
07-04-11, 06:58 AM
Dont get too excited - It aint ready yet - the boss of the manufacturers told me yesterday!!.

andy l
07-04-11, 11:52 AM
The next meet is at Betty Cottles near Okehampton.

Betty Cottles Inn, Okehampton, Devon | Hotel | Camping | B&B | Bunk House (http://www.bettycottles.co.uk/)

Post code for Sat Nav's EX20 4LR.

Not far off the A30 so easy to get to from North and South. It WILL be a nice sunny day so lets see loads of you loverly people with your Cobs out.

I believe the price of the carvery includes a dessert, so get there early!

Look forwards to seeing you :cool:

THANKS Murry, working in bath, will see how if feel when i get home, Andy ;)

Murray
07-04-11, 05:59 PM
Ooh well never mind Chris, hopefully there will be a good turnout, the weather is with us, I may have to polish mine!
Andy, yup see how you feel, mind you your engine bay will look good sparking in the SUNLIGHT!!

langbond 15
08-04-11, 08:04 AM
looking forward to it see you all there ,steve & nikki

The Great Redmondo
10-04-11, 08:38 PM
Sorry we couldn't make it today chaps, a bit far for us on the outskirts of North Bristol. Hope you had a good time, weather certainly seemed good for you all.

Miket
10-04-11, 09:30 PM
You missed a cracking day, great venue and Pub (thanks Murray) lovely weather and good company.

westborne
11-04-11, 06:56 AM
Yes 8 cars turned up plus an Aston Vantage and a White Passat estate !!

We frightened off the local Jaguar boys - apart from charming oldster driving a C Type! - he pointed out it was a "replica" he built 25 years ago cockpit area in Ali and bonnet and rear in "plastic" - wires and XK140 straight 6 .

Roared off in flying hemet ang Goggles - no snobbery here folks!! - he was impressed with the cars and we were impressed with him

Unfortunately - like a numpty I forgot my camera. - and he'd gone before we finished our meal

Mike - how do I add pictures under this new regime ?

Miket
11-04-11, 08:42 AM
Hi Chris

Click the reply tab and at the bottom right of the box you will see a tab "Go Advanced" click that and scroll down, you will find the "Manage Attachments" tab, then upload as before. ;)

westborne
11-04-11, 09:47 AM

Thanks to Mike for helping with the rechnology and thanks to Laurie for the photos

Murray
11-04-11, 05:18 PM
A couple more photos, mostly the same really! Should have brought my video camera.
Lovely to see you all there, it was a good turnout and brilliant weather. Thanks for coming along, a cracking day.:cool:

langbond 15
11-04-11, 07:23 PM
thanks murray great meet see you all soon , steve & nikki

westborne
13-04-11, 02:50 PM
Mein Gott - I really must lose some weight!!

Nobody captured the C type then ?