PDA

View Full Version : Sierra front and rear suspension set-up..

OJ
28-10-01, 05:54 PM
I am considering on using the sierra setup, as I have been advised it is a lot easier to work on.. I am looking for any feedback and comments.. I must omit that I have considered the JAG set-up..!!

If I proceed down this route, does anyone hwther there are any kits/replacements/upgrade parts for the suspension..??

OJ......
:-)

dave
28-10-01, 06:32 PM
Cross drilled vented front discs and cosworth rear(LSD,discs);-)

agwebsites
29-10-01, 11:32 AM
You can try Burton Power, not the cheapest around but there isn't anything they don't know about the Sierra. They have everything you could possibly need.

http://www.burtonpower.com

People may tell you Cosworth parts are hard to get, this is rubbish, if you have any problems let me know.

I agree with the use of either Cosworth or XR4 rear disks, Cosworth four pot callipers on the front won't do any harm either. If you don't get a LSD from your donor it is worth considering using a 'Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing differential' as it will only cost you a couple hundred more.

There is a lot to be said for using a Sierra Donor, but it has everything to do with what you want the car for and how much power you plan to run though it.

I have heard of someone in Germany that has tuned the same engine as mine up to 800bhp and a drivable rev up to 11,000rpm }> which is all running through uprated Sierra components to the wheels.

Regards,

Andy

Kevin W
30-10-01, 08:52 AM
If going the Sierra root I strongly recommend you go for the biggest engined donor possible - go for a V6 Granade or Scorpio donor. Avoid 1.6 cars, 2litre cars may be OK, but you'll end up with rear drums (like me). V6 cars come with discs at the rear, a beefier diff and vented discs up front as standard, and the difference in donor costs is a few tens of quid. The only other difference is that you may heed to weld ina plate on the trailing arm to take the shocks if building a Sumo, but the factory will do this for you for a few quid if needed.

Kevin

OJ
30-10-01, 10:08 PM
Many thanks for the replies, which I appreciate..

I recently purchased my chassis which was setup for a cortina... I will have this altered to accept the Sierra front & rear suspension (4 X 4 2.9i), I have been advised that the chassis is of good quality.... Has anyone any chassis diagrams for this setup..???

I am looking forward on the build up of my Cobra...

OJ.......:)