PDA

View Full Version : Door Panels

RigMan
28-10-01, 02:39 PM
What is the most efective and easiest way of sticking on thoses DAX door panels? I've found that the glue and Velco that I have used isn't working very well!x(

RigMan

dave
28-10-01, 03:00 PM
I've got a box full of little metal push-in spring clips similar idea to production cars.
A small plate with with an oval hole rivets to the back of the door pad (1/8 short pop rivet(does not show on front)) retainer clip twists into it and pushes into a 7mm hole drilled into the door.(as your door pads are already trimmed ...drill carefully.also you will need to make some sort of door pad template as you can't spot through your existing door pad onto the door for hole position, you can have some for free if you want just send me your addy. and i will sort you out with 16 of them...should be enough. E-mail me direct if this will do. ;-)

RigMan
29-10-01, 02:28 PM
What a gentleman!:*

RigMan:-)

dave
29-10-01, 08:32 PM
Hang on!...I haven't sent them yet!

All being well this week ,Iv'e got to catch up with the guy who does my trim to scrounge the mounting plates....turns out they aren't in my box of tricks...shouldn't be a problem though;-)

Kevin W
30-10-01, 08:33 AM
Dave
Is it possible to post the supplier of these fixings?
Would be useful for other people (like me).

Kevin

imported_admin
30-10-01, 09:43 AM
I'd be interested in getting hold of these - either directly from your supplier or buying from you

Steve

dave
30-10-01, 11:35 AM
the supplier would not be happy that we have these...as they were "liberated from Rolls Royce in Crewe...sorry guys!

Try woolies, maybe they know where to get them from .;-)

John Tisbury
31-10-01, 10:34 AM
>What is the most efective and easiest way of sticking on thoses DAX
>door panels? I've found that the glue and Velco that I have used isn't
>working very well!x(
>
>RigMan

Rigman

If your doors are double skinned, which I presume they are, you can fashion a piece of aluminium shaped like the letter Z (when viewed from the side). Attach one end to the trim panel and then cut a slot in the door skin (this will be hidden once the panel is on). The other end of the tab can then be slotted into the hole in the door.

A bit difficult to explain by typing so if anyone needs some piccies let me know and I'll go and take some.

Regs
John