PDA

View Full Version : Dax Cobra, 2009 standard chasis

BenBaron
14-04-11, 10:26 AM
Hi guys,

I have a DAX Cobra Im potentially looking to sell if its at the right price.

If you are interested pics can be seen here Untitled Document (http://www.kreativejuice.co.uk/cob/cob.html)

Spec is fully SVAd July 2009, approx 100 miles at the moment, dvla registered, Motd, Rover v8 3.5 with high lift cam, leather & leather trimmed carpet interior as can be seen, original guardsman blue and Wimbledon white paintwork, 15'' team III halibrand wheels, Jag xj6 running gear (refurbished brake calipers), original motolita wheel.

Anything else you need to know, just ask

Offers in the region of 18k will be thought about.

cheers
Ben
ben@kreativejuice.co.uk

wilf
14-04-11, 11:03 AM
Ben - sorry to see you selling that car after everything we all went through on here to help get it on the road!

How the heck have you managed to only put 100 miles on it since?

BenBaron
14-04-11, 11:07 AM
I know Wilf, and thanks to everybody here as well on that score.

Low miles, basically had 2 little baby boys, and just havent had the weather coupled with the time to use it. I dont want to sell but if the price is right then we could do with some extra funds for a house renovation really....if not the right money then Im keeping ;)
I think the joy was in building for me tbh, now its otr my interest has waned a little ;)

Lloyd Barnes
14-04-11, 11:52 AM
18k? OK its a Rover not a yank lump but that seems to me rather low for a newly finished Dax? I'd be trying for 20-22k myself. JMHO of course :-)

BenBaron
14-04-11, 12:25 PM
I know what you are saying but Ive had prices from the guys in the trade and 12k is what they are offering, now obviously that is a joke but I think 18k is priced sensibly, rather than on the top end of 20 + , and it depends if I find any more dry rot or not ;)

Geezer
14-04-11, 12:55 PM
I know what you are saying but Ive had prices from the guys in the trade and 12k is what they are offering, now obviously that is a joke but I think 18k is priced sensibly, rather than on the top end of 20 + , and it depends if I find any more dry rot or not ;)

I have been spending a less than pleasant week doing the chassis on my Dax. What started as a 'Touch-up' involved quite a bit more when bits of the paint were coming away easier than the shell on a boiled egg! You will be pleased to know I found absolutely no Dry Rot...;)

Dixie
14-04-11, 02:31 PM
Hi guys,

I have a DAX Cobra Im potentially looking to sell if its at the right price.

If you are interested pics can be seen here Untitled Document (http://www.kreativejuice.co.uk/cob/cob.html)

Spec is fully SVAd July 2009, approx 100 miles at the moment, dvla registered, Motd, Rover v8 3.5 with high lift cam, leather & leather trimmed carpet interior as can be seen, original guardsman blue and Wimbledon white paintwork, 15'' team III halibrand wheels, Jag xj6 running gear (refurbished brake calipers), original motolita wheel.

Anything else you need to know, just ask

Offers in the region of 18k will be thought about.

cheers
Ben
ben@kreativejuice.co.uk

Hi Ben, just looked at photos, very nice I like the dash. Question if you dont mind? How have you got the gear lever so far forward on a Dax with RV8? My remote linkage is short, but yours must be REALLY short.

Ta M

BenBaron
14-04-11, 02:36 PM
Hi Ben, just looked at photos, very nice I like the dash. Question if you dont mind? How have you got the gear lever so far forward on a Dax with RV8? My remote linkage is short, but yours must be REALLY short.

Ta M
Hiya, thanks for the comments. Yes the linkage is really short, If I remember rightly its from a sherpa...straight swap as far as I recall. ;)

Geezer
14-04-11, 04:43 PM
I had a look too, it's a lot of car for 18k. Can't you hold out for more dosh? Surely it's got to be worth a run through FleaBay with a decent reserve...

dolphinboy400
14-04-11, 04:46 PM
lovely car. i hope you get 18k as that will boost the value of all our rover lump cobras :D

Purple AK
14-04-11, 07:17 PM
I know Wilf, and thanks to everybody here as well on that score.

Low miles, basically had 2 little baby boys, and just havent had the weather coupled with the time to use it. I dont want to sell but if the price is right then we could do with some extra funds for a house renovation really....if not the right money then Im keeping ;)
I think the joy was in building for me tbh, now its otr my interest has waned a little ;)
Now the weather is picking up! Get out there and drive it man! The interest will soon return ;) If you let it go now, just because you could do with some extra cash, you will probably never get the opportunity to build another! Trust Me! I've thought of selling more than once over the years (when reposession was a week away)!! But there is always a way through things ;) And it still sits in the garage :D

dgosumo
14-04-11, 08:31 PM
I totally, totally agree with Chris. I've had my Sumo for 20 years now and had to keep it SORN for a couple of summers, that's really painful. I've survived children (now getting older), divorce and even being a single parent for the last 7 years!

Please, please don't give up unless you really have to. What all the folks on this site have in common is so very brilliant - when you get to drive down any road (even the M25!) don't you just have to smile?

Davel
14-07-11, 03:14 PM
Feel guilty asking if it's still for sale?