PDA

View Full Version : Missing part for roof..!

Killer
16-04-11, 09:56 PM
Hi maybe somebody might be able to help me... I have a soft top roof that came with my car but I seem to be missing what attaches it to the top of the screen..?

My soft top has no edging.. It looks like there is something missing the slides into the slot in the top of the windscreen frame, then this attaches to the roof someway..

Any help would be great..

Thanks

Miket
16-04-11, 10:05 PM
You need a pair of these https://www.europaspares.com/product/0/13652/HOODS/HOOD_FASTENERS/COBRA_HOOD_BOW___CHB_.html and if you scroll down the page you will find the catches to fix it to the windscreen frame

Killer
17-04-11, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the info... how does this unit attach to the roof..? has it to be stitched..?

cobracol
17-04-11, 09:41 AM
This is the method i used, Fit your roof on first, fit the two bows to the top of the screen, making sure the "T" pins are located in the groove on the screen, then pull the top with masking tape over the bows to the windscreen, when the top looks right, not to tight, or to slack, lightly mark around where the top first touches the bows, and the bow positions in the middle using chalk, then pull the top back and mask of the area not touched by the bows, using the marks now underneath as a guide, then spread contact adhesive on the roof to where you have taped, and the front of the bows, then pull the roof back over the bows, starting from the centre using the marks already on the roof, use masking tape again, to carefully pull the roof back over the bows, once done press hard on the glued section, then the top can be pulled back with the bows still glued to it, then glue the cloth into the bows, this stops any rattling and scatching, HTH, Regards Col

Killer
03-05-11, 09:44 PM
Thanks for you help Col... I have never fitted one.. is their an instruction leaflet available for the measurements or anything like that..? bit weiry about it to be honest..!

Rgds
Nigel