PDA

View Full Version : Rover V8 Crack pulley bolt - help!!!

fakesnake
25-11-01, 03:15 PM
I've spent hours trying to get the b*****d bolt off but couldn't. Tried heating, WD40, big hammer, sledge hammer and praying but nothin has worked. PLS HELP!!!!!!

Chris}>

Bob
25-11-01, 05:01 PM
I take you have used a plate to bolt the flywheel to the block so that it wont move. That bolt is done up to 217 Nm and takes alot of cracking as you well know.The slightest movement will stop it freeing up.It could be worh investing in a new socket and the shortest possible extension and then a long tube to increase the leverage. Good luck

JimT
25-11-01, 06:03 PM
I had big problems with this one also. Solution? A 4ft lever. Make sure the the block is on firm ground and held in place so it doesn't rock about, then keep pushing on the lever with quite a bit of force, lots of short blasts rather than one enormous effort. It should soom come free.

Jim.

fakesnake
25-11-01, 07:12 PM
It came off :)

The problem was it was on a trailor (not in a car). In the end mr 8 foot torque wrench helped us. Thanx for the advice people...

Chris}>

Rupert
28-03-05, 08:55 PM
ARGOS, 12volt electric impact wronch, its for undoing wheel nuts but the bect bit of kit I have bought in years, will undo the most stuborn pully bolts , engine in or out of car!

kurrmet
28-03-05, 10:10 PM
I would suggest if you a impact socket that fits and the engine is in a trailer pop down to your local tyre fittment place and for the cost of a drink i am sure they will undo it for you.:thumb: