PDA

View Full Version : Racelogic

robert
31-12-69, 11:00 PM

robert
01-10-01, 05:22 PM
For those of you with twitchy Cobras, have a look at http://www.racelogic.co.uk they also do quite a good launch control setup, which I might have a look at.

Best Regards

Robert
Forum Admin

agwebsites
02-10-01, 10:27 AM
Traction control, brilliant idea, something I have been looking out for.

If you go for it I would be very interested to hear how it works out.

Andy

wilf
04-10-01, 09:55 PM
Nothing wrong with good old RFM (right foot modulation).

Part of the "buzz" of driving a high HP Cobra has gotta be knowing it can bite, and driving accordingly.

That said, I do frequently need to change my trousers after driving mine in the wet. But I have always had a leaky rear end if you know what I mean.

Wilf

robert
04-10-01, 10:36 PM
Wilf

You could always borrow some of my sons nappies for your leaky rear end.

On a more serious note, the racelogic system has variable control. 0%, 10%, 20% and a wet setting (that one is specifically for you) and a dry setting.

The only downside is that it has to interact with an injection system as it cuts the injectors in sequence. I shall toy with the idea for a while.

Robert
Forum Admin

Like I keep saying to my son:
"Play nice, please."

wilf
04-10-01, 11:51 PM
Rob - if you go thro' their website they appear to have a spark interrupt system as well as injector interrupt. Main hassle seems to be fitting wheel sensors. Having been involved (years ago) with train wheelslip detectors, I can't see it beeing particularly consistent for all conditions. Mind you, electronics have come on a bit since then.

Wilf

Simon F
07-12-01, 04:22 PM
I currently have the full system fitted to my current car, and I would not hesitate to transfer this system to my Cobra (when I get it)if it can be done. The system will require sensors to be placed at each wheel, and an ECU?, (production cars use the ABS sensors). The system if nothing short of phenominal in my book, any car whether for road and track can benefit from this system. Basically the sensors monitor the wheels every think it's 1/1000 th of a second for loss of traction, (not just the drive wheels), and on my car it cuts the fuel injectors in rotation until traction is achieved again. Now this isn't any ordinary manuf traction control system as dry setting doesn't just cut as soon as the wheels begin to slip, as we all know that the optimum traction is achieved at 25% slippage, so the dry setting gives you this.

I have a switch in the cockpit that adjusts for slippage amount from 25% to 0% in 5% increments, so every type of weather is catered for, and more importantly you can also turn it off, so that you can completely loose it yourself!

Best of all is launch control, basically using a lap top you set the optimum wet and dry launch RPM level, press the green button on the dash at the lights, hold your foot to the floor, at which point the rev counter bounces off the pre-set rpm, plus you get a positively evil exhaust note, drop the clutch and you pull away perfectly every time, (wait for green traffic light!).

Best of all this sytem stops you pointing backwards sometimes when you shouldn't be, such as motorways!

As you may have guessed I love it, but problems may arise as I believe an ECU is compulsory.:-)

robert
07-12-01, 05:36 PM
Simon

The spark cut-out is a soft touch, and therefore will not fully cut out the spark to all cylinders, it cuts out alternate cylinders much like the MSD soft touch rev limiter, and therefore will not cause bore washing, which is great.

When I have some pennies, I will look at a little purchase.

Robert
Forum Admin

http://www.cobraclub.com/flags/UK.gif

wilf
07-12-01, 08:39 PM
Out of interest, do you know if it would work with an MSD?

WIlf

robert
07-12-01, 09:41 PM
It works alongside the MSD. It is too difficult to re-wire and re-programme to MSD to make it work as a soft touch for both traction and rev limit. There is no circuit interface to act as a slip sensor.

I have been talking quite alot viw email to the guys at Racelogic, and the only option is a secondary soft touch spark discharge.

Robert
Forum Admin

http://www.cobraclub.com/flags/UK.gif