PDA

View Full Version : Seat Heater 10 Pounstretcher June 2011

Firestarter29
16-06-11, 08:14 AM
Having seen one of these things that plug into the fag lighter in Poundstretcher Milton Keynes a few weeks ago I regretted not buying it. I was pleased when I went back in this week and they had been reduced to clear to 10. They also had electric blankets for the car too, but Mrs already has a blanket and tucks the heater outlet hose under it so this is for my benefit.

Should make the car a bit more user-friendly in the colder months.

Call me gay if you like, I might just tell you to Ph.. ... !!

nealgs
16-06-11, 09:18 AM
awaits the arrival of Wilf to shed his words of wisdom over this - lol :D

do you have multiple sockets in your cob for all the items or just one and an multi adapter?

Gary

TONYC
16-06-11, 10:10 AM
Not a very good idea to use the heater hose in such a way as they have been known to burst. Buy her an electric blanket.

Murray
16-06-11, 11:30 AM
Tony, I don't think Firestarter meant the water heater hose, just the "air outlet from the heater" hose. Thats the way I read it anyway.

Clive
16-06-11, 03:58 PM
Tony, I don't think Firestarter meant the water heater hose, just the "air outlet from the heater" hose. Thats the way I read it anyway.

If the heater matrix lets go the boiling water/steam will come out of the air outlet and could cause severe scalding.

tommy-boy
16-06-11, 05:46 PM
If the heater matrix lets go the boiling water/steam will come out of the air outlet and could cause severe scalding.

Hence the reason it's for his missus, I assume. Hehehe got me thinking now. Boil in the bag wife??? Hmm

KevinW
16-06-11, 06:26 PM
...... like a big kipper that shouts.

Firestarter29
16-06-11, 09:21 PM
I have a 4 way accessory socket wired and fused into the switchable live feed, so phone, satnav, Ipod charger and now seat heater can all be plugged in. It is on a longish lead and hides behind the dash when not in use.

Indeed it is the air heater hose not the water one that goes under the blanket, guess she'll just have to take her chances that the heater matrix doesn't let go. Kev- your comment about "kipper that shouts" even made the mrs laugh :-)

Robin427
19-06-11, 07:10 AM
I bought some heated seat covers for the 4x4 - they're brilliant (paid a lot more than a tenner, though, more's the pity)