PDA

View Full Version : Classic Le Mans

Murray
13-07-11, 08:20 PM
Anyone from the South West going to the 2012 Classic? Been before? Can you offer any advice on places to stay, routes, cost. Anyone ever gone from Plymouth to Roscoff? Would love to go and need lots of information to convince SWMBO, know what I mean? :(
Thanks,

Purple AK
13-07-11, 08:33 PM
I'll be organising a Club Ticket Package a little later in the year Murrey. Most of the SW guys seem to go Plymouth to Roscoff so I'll leave them to fill you in there.

cobrap
13-07-11, 09:22 PM
Understand the need for the South West to travel from Plymouth - might even be tempted myself, but would it not make sense to pool resources via a single Thread such as THIS ONE (http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/events/42946-le-mans-classic-2012-a.html); 'specially as a corporate ticket purchase might save a few quid :?:

I understand that there's also some great accommodation to be taken advantage of; it just needs the guys in the know to point one in the right direction - win-win :!:

Murray
14-07-11, 08:19 AM
Thank you Chris, I have been reading your thread and obviously it makes sense to avail ourselves of the block booking etc, which I will do, if we go
Robin, I'm not trying to organise a seperate Le Mans Classic organisation down here, I was just wondering who was going from this end and what arrangements they make, being a first timer it would be easier to go with someone local who knows the ropes, so to speak. Find out what they have done in the past and glean any info from "the guys in the know" as you said.

westborne
14-07-11, 08:23 AM
Yes Murray - Me, Neil O, Mike Taylor, Martin Lancaster, Steve Richards, and others have all done the Classic - either Poole Cherbourge or Plymouth Roscoff.

Talk this weekend

andy l
14-07-11, 08:29 AM
Anyone from the South West going to the 2012 Classic? Been before? Can you offer any advice on places to stay, routes, cost. Anyone ever gone from Plymouth to Roscoff? Would love to go and need lots of information to convince SWMBO, know what I mean? :(
Thanks,

Hi Murry
yes will be going and others from SW, plymouth/roscoff last time on tuesday night crossing, back on monday 1630 crossing, which may now have changed, will catch up with details next time we meet up, Andy :cool:

TonyD
14-07-11, 09:46 AM
I understand that there's also some great accommodation to be taken advantage of; it just needs the guys in the know to point one in the right direction - win-win :!:

Hi Robin,

If thats a hint, once we've sorted out our crew's needs I'm sure we'll make any spare places available to others.

Cheers,

Tony

steve_h
14-07-11, 12:58 PM
Can't wait

cobrap
14-07-11, 11:06 PM
Thank you Chris, I have been reading your thread and obviously it makes sense to avail ourselves of the block booking etc, which I will do, if we go
Robin, I'm not trying to organise a seperate Le Mans Classic organisation down here, I was just wondering who was going from this end and what arrangements they make, being a first timer it would be easier to go with someone local who knows the ropes, so to speak. Find out what they have done in the past and glean any info from "the guys in the know" as you said.

Understood and agree whole heartedly.

cobrap
14-07-11, 11:08 PM
Hi Robin,

If thats a hint, once we've sorted out our crew's needs I'm sure we'll make any spare places available to others.

Cheers,

Tony
Not very subtle am I :?: :D

I'd very much like to be considered for any spare places, as may some others from our Region. Thank you. ;)

kdavies3
15-07-11, 07:19 AM
I still think camping on site gives you the full Le Mans experience. :D
Even the other 'alf enjoys it.

snakebite
15-07-11, 12:21 PM
I still think camping on site gives you the full Le Mans experience. :D
Even the other 'alf enjoys it.

Doesn't it get too hot cuddlin' up to natural wool at night Kev:lol:

Neil O
15-07-11, 01:23 PM
Doesn't it get too hot cuddlin' up to natural wool at night Kev:lol:

He takes his clippers.

kdavies3
16-07-11, 10:54 AM
BAAAAAA! to the lot of you.:lol::lol::lol:

dolphinboy400
17-07-11, 06:30 AM
I was gonna go last time however i just couldnt justify the cost of the ferry crossing. It was as much as the whole weekend! I would love to go but until i get a surprise windfall i'll stick with the silverstone classic as you cant beat it on value for money.

Chimeara
17-07-11, 09:09 AM
I will be going but opting for the Gite/luxury route also as Em will be joining us and the other members of our elite crew. Would beinterested in a group thing for race tickets/passes to get into the camp site to park with the hoi poloi. I went a few years ago and the whole Le Mans Classic experience is brilliant, we are making a week of it with some fast road trips around the local countryside prior to and after the event.

jemburrett
19-07-11, 01:39 PM
I'm going to try again next year if things continue to improve in my personal circumstances.

In 2010, I'd paid for everything, ferry, camping, parade laps, grandstands the whole shooting match for two of us and then had to cry off at the last moment and got not a bean for the tickets!