PDA

View Full Version : Mount Edgecombe

srv8dave
20-07-11, 04:58 PM
Hello All,

Anyone going this year? I'm sure I still owe Chris for the new gazebo;)

Dave

stu e
20-07-11, 05:11 PM
Can you pay on the day or is it pre-booked only?
Stu

andy l
20-07-11, 07:18 PM
Hi Dave/stu
I have just been emailed the form, if pm email, will send it on, shows on sunday 7th August, Andy ;)

timw
20-07-11, 09:51 PM
Stu

If its like last year the Navigator and I just turned up and paid on the door. The rain , like the parking, was free. It was also where I believe the whole SW CRC club tent envy thing began. Not how big etc.

TimW

stu e
21-07-11, 06:37 AM
Stu

If its like last year the Navigator and I just turned up and paid on the door. The rain , like the parking, was free. It was also where I believe the whole SW CRC club tent envy thing began. Not how big etc.

TimW
It's the rain that puts me off, the one time I went, I ended up drilling holes in the floor to let it all out (if I wanted to paddle there's a beach here).
Will have another go at fixing my overheating and see what it's like on the day.
Stu

westborne
21-07-11, 07:17 AM
Barrie P was supposed to be coralling this one

Its on the list as our August Sunday meet!!

westborne
21-07-11, 07:17 AM
Also we can show the MX5 club that we are just as good as them now!!

stu e
25-07-11, 04:35 PM
Got new wiper blades today, just got to cure the overheating and I'll be ready.

srv8dave
26-07-11, 09:22 PM
Sent off the form with cheque so thats me commited!
Has anyone heard from Barry yet as there is also the "show on the Hoe" on August the 21st, fancy both of these as I'm now home for a change!
All we need to do is sort out the weather........

andy l
27-07-11, 03:39 PM
Sent off the form with cheque so thats me commited!
Has anyone heard from Barry yet as there is also the "show on the Hoe" on August the 21st, fancy both of these as I'm now home for a change!
All we need to do is sort out the weather........

Hi Dave
Should be going to both, weather permitting and the soft top is now finished, thanks to the help of Chris, will meet up at route 38 around 0900 or 0930 sunday, Andy

srv8dave
28-07-11, 08:42 AM
Andy, you've had that soft top for years. I almost offered to buy it from you.
Spent my roof money on new cylinder heads! I'll remember to bring the golf umbrella this year though after last years weather.
See you at route 38.

andy l
28-07-11, 11:36 AM
Weather :confused: should to be dry/cloudy, but no wet stuff:( see you all at route 38 Andy ;)

stu e
28-07-11, 02:21 PM
Am I getting the dates mixed up?
The show is on Sun Aug 7th isn't it, not this weekend.

Murray
28-07-11, 09:32 PM
Stu, yes, it's the 7th of August.

westborne
31-07-11, 04:19 PM
Stu, yes, it's the 7th of August.

I now have the Shelter, the table, and the flag back at my place - Courtesy of Maurice who can't make Edgecumbe

Now - as you know - My attendance at the moment is questionale depending on Kaths health - so if somebody that is definitely going wants to collect the gear or me drop it off - then that would be great - I will turn up if I can but I cannot be certain - and I wouldnt want you to be without shelter and flag etc .

Let me know

langbond 15
31-07-11, 06:29 PM
Sorry all nikki & i are unable to make it as well

LAURIESPARKY
31-07-11, 07:31 PM
Hi all ! Sorry but Chris & I won't coming to Mt Edgcombe either !
Hope to catch up with everyone soon !
Laurie & Chris

cobra man94
01-08-11, 10:51 PM
Hi I will go to this
Anybody out Taunton way want to go up together?

westborne
16-08-11, 06:59 AM
So who went and what was it like ?

Murray
16-08-11, 09:07 AM
It was wonderful! Bright hot sunshine all day!:roll:, 4 beautiful cars and 1 tatty one, mine! We had a little? downpour of horrendous proportions for about 10 mins which spoilt things for a lot of people, many headed for home. Dave, did you get caught in that one? :grin: He left just before it all came over. I managed to get my hood up in time but Matt?(?) and his friend had a rather damp car to come back to, too busy eating noodles!
So we had Andy L, Dave, Me, Matt, and the chap from Taunton and his son, so sorry I have forgotten your names, (Cobra man94) with a very, very shiny AK.1889118892188931889418895

So a pretty good day with lots of interest in the cars, on the way back there were a few people standing outside a village pub, egging you on to make some noise! As if I would! Sounded quite nice though in the narrow streets. :grin:

srv8dave
16-08-11, 09:19 AM
Murray,
Did get very wet, stopped at Millbrook as I couldn't see where I was going. By the time that shower had finished, it looked like we'd both had an accident!
I'm going to have to get a top for next year, this problem with lack of dryness is getting out of hand!
Are you still on for Sunday on the Hoe? Have to keep an eye on the weather this time.
Dave (now dry!).

Murray
16-08-11, 01:49 PM
Murray,
Did get very wet, stopped at Millbrook as I couldn't see where I was going. By the time that shower had finished, it looked like we'd both had an accident!

LMAO!! Sorry shouldn't laugh, yes hopefully will be on the Hoe, weather dependent of course, forecast gives poss light rain but it always changes nearer the day.

stu e
16-08-11, 01:58 PM
Murray,
I'm going to have to get a top for next year, this problem with lack of dryness is getting out of hand!
Are you still on for Sunday on the Hoe? Have to keep an eye on the weather this time.
Dave (now dry!).

You looked very cosy under your umbrella as I went past, hope you've dried out now. :smile:

andy l
16-08-11, 03:26 PM
Well glad you took some pics Murry, as you said, good sunny day till that shower, good job it only lasted 10mins, Dave hope you dried yourselfs and the car out, weather premitting, will be ok the the car show on the Hoe, are we meetimg at home base carpark around 10.00 to leave at 10.30, Andy ;)

srv8dave
16-08-11, 05:03 PM
Did we get away with payment on entry last year? The poster attached to the website suggests pre payment for exibitors of cars. I suppose if we turn up together they would let us in anyway.
Dave.

stu e
16-08-11, 05:37 PM
I paid on the day last year.

westborne
17-08-11, 08:30 AM
Trust me to miss out on the only sunny day at Mt Edgcumbe - Hopefully see you guys at the next meet - can't make show on the Hoe.

langbond 15
17-08-11, 08:40 AM
Sorry to say nikki and i wont be able to make show on the hoe either . steve