PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Engine Identification.

mikey
14-10-01, 05:58 PM
Mike
Thought this may be of interest.
If you want to identify your Chevy engine down to the model of car it was used in, original spec including H.P.,the date of production down to the work-shift time,visit the following site. www.nastyz28.com/sbchevy/sblock.html#cdate. I found out mine was 4 bolt from a Z28 (350 tur hydramatic) whatever that is. However I’m sure the motor was very puffy in those days and it is much happier with its new muscles.
For the Ford guys visit www.pantechnicon/ifyourelucky.com . :-) :-) :-)
Only joking, honest (could this become the longest thread in history & diversity). :-) :-) :-)
Mike

dave
14-10-01, 06:42 PM
couldn't get them today will try again sometime.
also checkout http://www.mortec.com;-)

mikey
17-10-01, 01:12 PM
Yup, Mortec is a brilliant site especially links, thanks for letting me know.

imported_admin
18-01-02, 11:52 AM
I got a chevy 350 (5.7Litres) V8 with an engine number 1M 0706 5VP. Any idea where I can find the specifications on this one???

Thanks for help!

Gerd

mikey
20-01-02, 11:18 AM
Weird
I have just spent an hour trying and I'm as puzzled as you. However I have submitted a post to the American Club site for you and we will see if they can shed any light on it. Frustrating isn't it. Where was this number cast on your engine exactly?
Mike.

DanH
27-01-02, 12:31 AM
I couldn't find an answer to the primary question in my reference materials, but I did stumble across yet another website that lists some engine number/year data for Chevy, Mopar [Chrysler], and Ford engines:

http://www.partscavengers.com/techcenter_castingnumbers.asp

I did note an error in the 351W Ford data here & notified the webmaster: table lists 1964-1974 351W data, but 351W first made in 1969.

I don't know if this site has any unique engine year/number info that's not available at the other websites mentioned, but there is also some other tech info there that may be worth checking out.

Dan
North Carolina, USA
Midstates 427SC replica, 351W, Tremec