PDA

View Full Version : Kit Car Show Westpoint Exeter

westborne
03-10-11, 03:32 PM
OK Folks

We have our stand numbers - M65 and M66
Two cars and a constant refreshment pot !!

Stand will be erected by combination of committee and CB's watching

See you on the 22nd and 23rd October

Pray for good weather please

dolphinboy400
03-10-11, 05:20 PM
ill be down on the Saturday, in the tip top this year as i wont be allowed to drive due to an opperation. see you there!

KevinW
03-10-11, 06:30 PM
After a change of plan - looking forward to dropping in on Saturday morning with jnr on his scooter - staying in the Exeter Travelodge just down the road (dead cheap).

andy l
03-10-11, 06:34 PM
Big thanks to John Cooke for the club stand again this year, see dj sportcars are on the list as well, see you friday around 03.00pm, Andy ;-)

stu e
04-10-11, 07:12 AM
See you Friday with the leads and some proper spanners this year.
Can anyone remember what size allen keys are needed?

andy l
04-10-11, 04:24 PM
See you Friday with the leads and some proper spanners this year.
Can anyone remember what size allen keys are needed?

Stu, should be 8mm ive got spare set in van and there should be one in bag with fittings :!: :D

westborne
14-10-11, 11:36 AM
Andy - you will be pleased to know I have found the drop banners !!

Miket
20-10-11, 09:21 AM
I'm back, see you all Friday, has anyone contacted Steve for the lights????????

andy l
20-10-11, 01:16 PM
I'm back, see you all Friday, has anyone contacted Steve for the lights????????

Hi Mike
Chris has spoken to steve and its all sorted, see you friday, Andy ;)

The Great Redmondo
20-10-11, 03:15 PM
Coming down with The Bristol Kit Car Club convoy. See you there.

Paul

westborne
20-10-11, 04:52 PM
Blimey ! - Better get more coffee in then!!

westborne
23-10-11, 07:06 AM
Not bad yesterday - good to see so many friends and some prospective new members

Remind me next time not to go drinking with Big Tone !!

Lesters biscuits won the prize for the poshest !!

And Andy L won the prize for b*llsh*t!!

Will post pictures Monday

dolphinboy400
23-10-11, 09:55 AM
I wasnt really with it yesterday , still not now. Was good to meet tony allbeit when he was leaving, and Lester and the rest of ya. Gonna get to stoneleigh next year for the weekend to get some more time.

tonym
23-10-11, 02:19 PM
Not bad yesterday - good to see so many friends and some prospective new members

Remind me next time not to go drinking with Big Tone !!

Lesters biscuits won the prize for the poshest !!

And Andy L won the prize for b*llsh*t!!

Will post pictures Monday

How come whenever anyone gets a hangover I'm the one to blame?? If I remember correctly Chris, I was going to have a coffee when I got to yours, you pinned me down and forced vast quantities of rum down me :-) :-) Many Thanks Chris and Kath for once again giving me a place to stay. Good to see old friends at the show, the SW bunch really are a friendly lot. Danny, good to meet you too :-) Hopefully It won't be a year before I get down to see you all again.

bloke from stoke
23-10-11, 08:22 PM
I wasnt really with it yesterday , still not now. Was good to meet tony allbeit when he was leaving, and Lester and the rest of ya. Gonna get to stoneleigh next year for the weekend to get some more time.

Hi Danny shame about you nose, hope it's better soon and anymore lip off you, about me walking off, and it'll be a thick ear next time:p:p:p

Kind regards Lester

PS Only kidding hope your better soon mate;)

dolphinboy400
24-10-11, 07:32 AM
Hi Danny shame about you nose, hope it's better soon and anymore lip off you, about me walking off, and it'll be a thick ear next time:p:p:p

Kind regards Lester

PS Only kidding hope your better soon mate;)

Cheers mate, bled all day yesterday but seems ok today. I'll soon be back to my normal prattish self :wink:

westborne
24-10-11, 09:53 AM
OK some piccies - I'm sure more will follow.

Note the yellow one awaiting steroids !

Genuine and heartfelt thanks to each and everyone who turned up to man the stand (I know it takes signifact time and effort) - or visit - hopefully you all got greeted and coffee and biccies etc etc etc

Thanks to James and Ant for giving us cars for display - much appreciated guys !!

Thanks for the craic it was fierce at times !! And as posted elewhere thanks to John Cooke

We dismantled the stand in record time - lets hope we use it again next year!!

See some of you at the Special Event in a couple of weeks !!

cobrap
24-10-11, 06:42 PM
Chris,
A pleasure to see you and the guys again. Could you confirm for me though the make of Cobra with white stripes on the stand please?

...Oh and yes, some more piccies will follow.

westborne
24-10-11, 07:49 PM
That would be - I presume - the 600bhp AK with the supercharger and hardtop?

Anthony took it for a spin on the Friday night and frightened Mike Tayor and Steve Richards!!
John Freeman was telling us the story of it on Friday night over a drink

Mind you he is asking £65K for it!!

westborne
24-10-11, 07:51 PM
Sorry Robin - I misread the post - stupid me

The Blue with White stripes on the CRC stand is James' AK

cobrap
24-10-11, 08:11 PM

Anthony took it for a spin on the Friday night and frightened Mike Tayor and Steve Richards!!

...Well I'll stick it on my Xmas list, but whether Joc will understand my need for speed is another matter.

600 Break.....WOW!!!

cobrap
24-10-11, 08:12 PM
Sorry Robin - I misread the post - stupid me

The Blue with White stripes on the CRC stand is James' AK

VMT. BTW you have a PM. ;-)

Chimeara
26-10-11, 06:06 PM
Ha Ha Ha
Indeed me and Mike are now even after he put the fear of god up me when he took me out in his AK many years ago. I thought he had cardiac arrest at one point he went so quiet. Im not sure if it was the 600bhp, the supercharger sucking the air out his lungs or simply my Stig style driving that had the effect but either way ive never seen a man go so many different colours in a car seat.

I grin from ear to ear everytime Jon throws me the keys to that beast and its most certainly one of the best perks of the job.

And robin did you really have to ask, we even put a GD on the stand rather than have a Dax rotflmao.

Cant wait to see the group photo, thats one for the album.

In all seriousness though a great show and good to catch up with faces old and new.

cobrap
26-10-11, 08:54 PM
Chris,
...Could you confirm for me though the make of Cobra with white stripes on the stand please?
...Oh and yes, some more piccies will follow.

Ha Ha Ha
...Robin did you really have to ask, we even put a GD on the stand rather than have a Dax rotflmao.

Cant wait to see the group photo, thats one for the album.

Be careful what you wish for young man. BTW, nice T shirt (rotflmfao) :lol::lol::lol:

Miket
26-10-11, 09:01 PM
Ha Ha Ha
Indeed me and Mike are now even after he put the fear of god up me when he took me out in his AK many years ago. I thought he had cardiac arrest at one point he went so quiet. Im not sure if it was the 600bhp, the supercharger sucking the air out his lungs or simply my Stig style driving that had the effect but either way ive never seen a man go so many different colours in a car seat

Oh no we ain't, nobody puts the fear of God in me and gets away with it. ;) ;) :D

That AK demo car is some serious bit of machinery, It's no wonder Jon's hair is always stuck up after driving that. :rolleyes:

Neil O
27-10-11, 02:23 AM
Mike, if I remember correctly, we were both a little scared that time at Donnington....;)
I didn't get my own back on you at Le Mans because you kindly used your arm to protect my paintwork....

Chimeara
27-10-11, 06:12 AM
Ha love it mate, that could save me a fortune on future shirt printing. Whats more concerning is either my hair is falling out a greater rate than I thought or my forhead is getting bigger. At this rate il be like the man stood next to me in no time.

Nice photo shopping though Robin

Be careful what you wish for young man. BTW, nice T shirt (rotflmfao) :lol::lol::lol:

westborne
27-10-11, 07:58 AM
Good Photo Robin !!

aaronjb
27-10-11, 09:17 AM
Whats more concerning is either my hair is falling out a greater rate than I thought or my forhead is getting bigger. At this rate il be like the man stood next to me in no time.

Embrace the 'monk' look! I was like that by 25.. :lol:

westborne
03-11-11, 09:12 AM
Robin has kindly sent through more piccies - and is writing an article for ST - top man Robin
I enclose some of his excellent photos