PDA

View Full Version : DAX Dedion 427 with LS7 (571 bhp) for sale.

Mike Read
04-10-11, 02:32 PM
My 427 is up for sale on pistonheads (Kit Cars : DAX Dedion 427 with LS7 Engine, 571 bhp (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3296679.htm)).

Stop it being shipped to Australia!:smile:

Regards, Mike

Mike Read
10-11-11, 12:17 PM
The link to Pistonheads isn't working at the moment as they have updated the website this week and it is having teething problems.

Here are details of the car (for pics click on my avatar and go to my album):

DAX 427 FOR SALE: £55,200.00

Body Colour: Ferrari Grigio Silverstone Metallic, with Argento Nurburgring stripes.

Engine Type: G.M. LS7 (7 Litre) EFI, wet sump. 571bhp, 525 lbs/ft of torque.
Gearbox Type: Tremec Magnum TR6060, 6 Speed.
Chassis Model: De-Dion rear suspension, with camber compensation on front suspension.
Wheel Type: Image 18” Halibrand Replica Wheels with spinners and nut covers
Tyre Size(s): Toyo Proxes TR1 235/40ZR18 fronts, Toyo Proxes TR1 295/35ZR18 rears.
IVA Pass Date: 4/3/2011
1st Registered: 1/4/2011
Current Mileage: 800 miles

Options:
Small bonnet scoop, GKN driveshaft upgrade, fully reconditioned 3.54 open differential, aluminium bulkhead, Jaguar large ventilated disc brake upgrade front and back, two polished stainless steel hoops with rear stays, power steering, aluminium high performance radiator with two speed Kenlowe fan, brightwork pack, alloy expansion tank, heater kit, nose cone deflector, grill bars, two 3 point Willans harness in black with aircraft buckle, polished stainless steel stoneguards, windwings, tinted sun visors, full rosso red luxury leather interior with leather tunnel top, luxury trim kit and high back leather headrests, black piping, full weather gear in mohair (soft top, 2 tonneau covers – one with highbacks and one without), black cockpit and boot carpet piped in red, Momo steering wheel, Tremec polished aluminium gear knob, black leather dash with 8 ETB electronic instruments (Speedo, Tacho, Fuel Gauge, Voltmeter, Water Temp, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure and Clock), MIH 235w16 row oil cooler, nose cone air filter. Suspension set up by Dax Factory.

FOR SALE at £55,200.00 (£46,000.00 plus vat).

Tel: Mike Read on: 01494 718800 (office hours 9.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday).

Lloyd Barnes
10-11-11, 03:58 PM
I genuinely wish you good luck... but (and I hope you take this in the spirit of honesty in which it is meant) I spent £40k on my Dedion with a 450hp stroker chevy and the rest of the spec pretty much identical to yours. 18" rims, Toyo's, custom made stainless fuel tank, Interiors seating etc etc

I got £26,500 for it 18 months old with 2,000 miles on the clock. ;-)

KevinW
10-11-11, 07:17 PM
- that dealer or private sale Lloyd?
I dont think Crendons will achieve +£50k atm (although Im open to offers ;) ) ........thats edging into AC MkIV CRS territory.

Lloyd Barnes
10-11-11, 07:30 PM
- that dealer or private sale Lloyd?
I dont think Crendons will achieve +£50k atm (although Im open to offers ;) ) ........thats edging into AC MkIV CRS territory.

private Kev, although I did want to move it on quickly. Perhaps I could have got 27.5/28k if I'd held out for longer but a guy turned up with a carrier bag full of cash! Perhaps we're all wrong and Mike will be laughing in a few weeks at us! :-D

andicole0
10-11-11, 08:04 PM
How does VAT apply to a used vehicle like this?

Andi.

Mike Read
10-11-11, 10:12 PM
Andi,

Built in and owned by my business as a demonstrator/show car from parts on which vat could be reclaimed. Not used as a personal car and not kept at home. The 800 miles (actually 900 now) are IVA Test, trips to Dax for set up and checking, Dax Open Days, Stoneleigh and Detling, a couple of local CC meets and some demo runs with prospects. When it is sold, we have to account for vat on sale unless it is exported outside the EU.

LLoyd,

Someone got a good deal from you ... prices have moved on in the past couple of years (including the increase in vat) and there was little change from £60k in the build in parts alone. We have the bills to prove it!

I'm looking for someone who wants a modern Dax 427 of this very high spec but hasn't 6+ intense months of free time to build a car (and I mean "Free" as there is no recovery of any of the labour cost of the build)! Not too worried if I can't find him, as the car can remain a demonstrator for my build business if I have to take it to Australia with me. It will be a bit of a hassle getting it in as the Australian Design Rules and Engineer Test mean it will have to have work done on it, so I would prefer to build another when I get set up there.

Regards, Mike

Lloyd Barnes
10-11-11, 10:48 PM
good luck Mike... let us know how you get on...

It can only be good news if you get a price near £55k for it and I'll be the first to congratulate you. :-)

andicole0
11-11-11, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the answer Mike and good luck with the sale, it'a a lovely looking vehicle. I asked about the VAT because I drive a pickup truck which attracts VAT when used because the original purchase VAT was recovered by a business. It is very difficult to find out though if VAT has been recovered or not so I was very wary of a lot of sales with VAT added, especially when the advertised price isn't very clear.

Andi.

andicole0
11-11-11, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the answer Mike and good luck with the sale, it'a a lovely looking vehicle. I asked about the VAT because I drive a pickup truck which attracts VAT when used because the original purchase VAT was recovered by a business. It is very difficult to find out though if VAT has been recovered or not so I was very wary of a lot of sales with VAT added, especially when the advertised price isn't very clear.

Andi.

Mike Read
11-11-11, 03:05 PM
Thanks Andi, and apologies for the confusion by my showing the two prices ... for a private UK sale the price is the £55.2k one.

I showed the £46k plus vat price just in case an overseas, out of EU, buyer was interested (there are currently 2) and in case there was a UK business that could buy it and reclaim the vat ... I can only think of one off hand, DJS themselves if they wanted an LS7 engined demonstrator to show alongside their current old school engined monster ... at the moment Simon is only interested in my enclosed car trailer without the car in it, but you never know! ;)

Regards Mike.

BobMin
11-11-11, 04:08 PM
Mike, Good luck with the sale, I read the articles in the mags about the car, if I had that sort of cash lying around i would be tempted.

As an aside, how do you find the Magnum gearbox? I drove the AK demonstrator with the TKO600 which is hard work. The Magnum is supposed to be slicker according to Tremec. Any thoughts?

Mike Read
11-11-11, 05:14 PM
Bob, thanks.

I was worried about the power of the LS7, so I chose the Magnum because, at 700 lbs/ft, it has a much higher torque rating than the TKO and was Tremec's brand new gearbox ... it was I think, the first one in the country last year... the box is slick and works well even with the short lever I am using on the car ... getting it into reverse is a little awkward as it is a pull towards you and then push forward (if you were sitting on the other side of the car, as in America, it would be a push away and then forward which is a stronger arm and wrist movement) and I find I have to use two hands to overcome the spring ... but at least it's not possible to select reverse by accident! Another advantage of the Magnum box is that, mated to an LS engine, the gear lever in it's standard position is perfect for the Dax, so there is no need for reversing the position of the lever or complex linkages.

Six speeds may be a little OTT, but it makes for a very economical (for 7 Litres!) and relaxed (for a Cobra!) motorway cruiser. It will, of course, wake up and growl when required too!

Regards, Mike

Mike Read
13-11-11, 10:15 PM
Pistonheads link now working again.

Mike Read
25-11-11, 11:26 AM
Further on the Tremec Magnum box .... the gear ratios are: 1st: 2.66, 2nd: 1.78, 3rd: 1.30, 4th: 1.00, 5th: 0.80 and 6th: 0.63. Reverse is 2.90.

For a bit of fun I put them into one of those internet max speed calculators with a 3.54 dif at the rev limited 7,200 rpm, and it came up with:

1st: 59mph, 2nd: 88mph, 3rd: 121mph, 4th: 158mph, 5th: 197mph, 6th: 250mph, and 54mph in Reverse! Blimey!:D

Of course, aerodynamics and drag would mean those figures will never be reached at the top end, but maybe I should have gone for the ETB 220mph speedo and not the 150mph one!

Regards, Mike