PDA

View Full Version : exhaust side pipes for a 2.0ltr pinto

lowriderchris
12-10-11, 10:03 PM
as the title im looking for some side pipes for a 2.0 pinto engine ideally 2 but would be interested in a single pipe also anything considered even if it needs modding!

bloke from stoke
13-10-11, 05:34 PM
Hi, if you are looking for cheap and new, try ebay and search "patriot side pipes" in car parts, they are not the best but are ok, I have them on my pilgrim rover V8 and seem to work OK. I think the chap is located in Kent American Auto Parts, or some similar name

Kind regards Lester,

dgosumo
13-10-11, 05:41 PM
Hi, if you are looking for cheap and new, try ebay and search "patriot side pipes" in car parts, they are not the best but are ok, I have them on my pilgrim rover V8 and seem to work OK. I think the chap is located in Kent American Auto Parts, or some similar name

Kind regards Lester,
Bear in mind the Pinto only has 4 exhaust outlets and all on the offside. I believe there are a few people with single working sidepipes, Pilgrim (a very, very long time ago) built a car with two working sidepipes with 2 cylinders to each which they had as a demo if I remember this was when Den ran the company first time around. The pair to the nearside were run under the back of the sump under the engine (where the sump pan is shaped by Ford) and out of the passenger side but never put it into production. I don't know whether anyone has any photos of this or has any idea what it sounded like!