PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

martman
11-11-11, 08:28 PM
Hi,
Anybody in Cornwall up for a chat? I am thinking of trading my TR4A for a cobra (always fancied a V8). I have no experience with the cobra, so wondered if anyone has some advice. I live in the Helston area.
Martman

KevinW
11-11-11, 08:36 PM
some advise:

cobra replicas are often loud, noisey, leak rain water, often unreliable, impractical, awkward to drive compared to a tintop, and looked down on by original AC owners.

on the plus side:

its the best grin-factor car in the world, (without needing stupid money).
you shouldn lose money (significantly) when you come to sell (ignoring your labour)

still interested ...........? ;) :-P

dolphinboy400
11-11-11, 08:55 PM
welcome to the forums , there are plenty of people over your way the only downside is they will try to corrupt you :D Dont let that put you off though. lookup Chris ( westbourne on the forums ), he is the area rep for south west and he can tell you when the next meet will be if ya wanna go and chat to some owners :)

Neil O
12-11-11, 11:01 AM
Welcome Martman, there are only three questions that you need to answer to help you find the right Cobra.

1. What is your budget?
2. What is your budget?
3. What is your budget?

;)

cobracol
12-11-11, 11:37 AM
Hello and Welcome to the best place for all things cobra related, the SW is awash with cobra meets (compared to NW) so fill yer boots going to these, and you will learn all you need to know about going about choosing, Regards Col

Chimeara
12-11-11, 04:28 PM
Martman

Welcome to the mad house

Im sure our club rep will be along in a moment he is called Chris Cluett and (westborne) is his handle on here

He will add you to the mailing list if you give him your email address and then you will know all the info on our local meets etc.

If you want a chat or anything PM me your number etc, there isnt much I dont know about cobras and Id be more than happy to let you see my workshops and demo car and take you out for a drive in the near future. The kettle is always hot and I also have a couple cobras that are for sale. One is a completly brand new car at a very budget price which may be just what your looking for.

Any way whatever you deicde good luck and we look forward to meeting you at the next meet

martman
13-11-11, 06:51 PM
Thanks Kevin for your advice, as I have all the things you quoted already with a 66 TR4a, except being looked down on by original owners. I do know where you are coming from.

Neil O
13-11-11, 08:31 PM
Put some pics of your TR here, you never know if someone might be interested....

KevinW
13-11-11, 10:06 PM
has it got yellow seats?

(sorry, couldnt resist, someone had to.....)

Lloyd Barnes
14-11-11, 07:17 AM
welcome to the forum Martman (Martin?)... already have loud with your TR4 you reckon? Someone get a pic when Martman comes back from his first cobra outing :mrgreen:

martman
14-11-11, 08:14 PM
Thanks for your comments guys, will get myself out there for a looksee.

shuggy69
17-11-11, 07:35 PM
Hello Martman.
I only live 7 miles from Helston so if you want to go out for a spin next time the suns out give me a shout and I'll show you what its all about.
Cheers,
Simon

martman
27-11-11, 07:06 PM
Thanks Shuggy69
Can you let me know whereabouts you are.

Martman

shuggy69
28-11-11, 05:35 PM
Martman you have PM