PDA

View Full Version : Phillips?

Murray
24-11-11, 08:43 PM
just seen this on evilbay, anyone heard of a Phillips before?
Look here.
cobra kit car | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cobra-kit-car-/260896679550?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cbea7667e)

robinj66
24-11-11, 08:53 PM
Yep
It was one of the (many) Viper spin offs ( I think after the disagreement between Brightwheel/ DMS etc)

bloke from stoke
24-11-11, 11:11 PM
If it's the one with the raised rear deck to prevent the rain running into the cockpit from the rear, then yes, saw one at Stafford 3 years ago and the owner said they were very rare and that he knew of only one other and that was not on the road

Kind regards Lester

PS I think they were made In the Manchester area ( steveart will be along soon to correct me:p:p)

wilf
25-11-11, 07:06 AM
I have to admit to many a wry smile as I have read adverts for Cobras over the years. Hyperbole seems too weak a descriptor. In this case, the car reputedly looks "Stunning". Yeah, right.

Wonder how it is registered?

tonym
25-11-11, 09:47 AM
Mmmm, two radiators and two fan controllers?? Stunning. He's not wrong saying it's not in pilgrims league :-)

Steve-Art
25-11-11, 09:49 AM
Yep' Lester you are correct, made in Manchester, AIR Mark Phillips didn't last long ...? The chassis & body are very heavy duty (really thick lay-up on the fibreglass!)
The Ebay car used to call at our meeting when we were at the Old Corn Mill, it is registered correctly having passed SVA as I remember her turning up at the meet the 1st time having attended several times prior to completing the build.

I am aware of around 6 MP on the road, 2 of them built by a mate of mine!

Steve

Murray
25-11-11, 10:22 AM
Thanks guys, I thought it was Viperish to look at but had never heard of the Phillips version.

bloke from stoke
25-11-11, 12:19 PM
Yep' Lester you are correct, made in Manchester, AIR Mark Phillips didn't last long ...? The chassis & body are very heavy duty (really thick lay-up on the fibreglass!)
The Ebay car used to call at our meeting when we were at the Old Corn Mill, it is registered correctly having passed SVA as I remember her turning up at the meet the 1st time having attended several times prior to completing the build.

I am aware of around 6 MP on the road, 2 of them built by a mate of mine!

Steve

Pheeew got one right, at last:p:p:p

Kind regards Lester