PDA

View Full Version : unfinished Dax 90% complete

454pete
11-12-11, 08:02 PM
This car is now for sale, having been built to exacting standards by aircraft engineer.
Sadly, that engineer, my brother Steve, died last year and now the car has to be sold.
Car is powder coated, standard dax chassis with jaguar running gear, spax shocks and 17" halibrands shod with Toyos.
Power is provided by 1968 FE 428 BBF with cobra jet heads and 750 Holley. Top loader g/box, ally radiator, remote twin filters and cooler,all braided lines,stainless manifolds and unique carbon fibre sidepipes. mallory dizzy with 8mm wires, MSD ignition, holley fuel pump and filter and all instuments and dash.
Electrical installation is complete and working, engine is complete and running , car drives but needs interior and paint to finish.
I believe this is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring or experienced Cobra owner to obtain and complete this example as a very desirable vehicle with minimum input. You could do worse than come for a look, any time, we are 10 mins from J25 M1.
I would like to suggest a figure of £22000 to any interested parties although really sensible offers may be considered

Lloyd Barnes
11-12-11, 09:36 PM
lovely looking car and I'm really sorry to hear of the reason you are selling. One thing tho, is that a 428 FE or a 429 big block? Long weekend and my eyes are tired/red wine is working its wonders so I could be talking rubbish :-)

aaronjb
11-12-11, 09:40 PM
FE is the only engine where the rocker covers sit half on the inlet manifold like that, isn't it, Lloyd?

Lloyd Barnes
12-12-11, 10:10 AM
FE is the only engine where the rocker covers sit half on the inlet manifold like that, isn't it, Lloyd?

Yep, that would be red wine for you!! :-D

454pete
12-12-11, 05:36 PM
that answered that question then lloyd...but i have a 429 under the bench...just waiting to be stroked....know the feeling...
as ex cobra owner i can probably answer most questions
pete

454pete
13-05-12, 10:12 AM
Hello everyone, Having spoken to my brothers widow yesterday she has reluctantly decided to reduce the asking price by some margin and is now willing to entertain any offers that may be out there
Thanks
Peter
This car is now for sale, having been built to exacting standards by aircraft engineer.
Sadly, that engineer, my brother Steve, died last year and now the car has to be sold.
Car is powder coated, standard dax chassis with jaguar running gear, spax shocks and 17" halibrands shod with Toyos.
Power is provided by 1968 FE 428 BBF with cobra jet heads and 750 Holley. Top loader g/box, ally radiator, remote twin filters and cooler,all braided lines,stainless manifolds and unique carbon fibre sidepipes. mallory dizzy with 8mm wires, MSD ignition, holley fuel pump and filter and all instuments and dash.
Electrical installation is complete and working, engine is complete and running , car drives but needs interior and paint to finish.
I believe this is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring or experienced Cobra owner to obtain and complete this example as a very desirable vehicle with minimum input. You could do worse than come for a look, any time, we are 10 mins from J25 M1.
I would like to suggest a figure of £22000 to any interested parties although really sensible offers may be considered

PGeorge
22-05-12, 05:22 PM
Pete yo have a PM

sssammm
19-08-12, 11:55 AM
Is the car still for sale?

pm sent