PDA

View Full Version : Run out to Buxton/Matlock and Cat & Fiddle next yr.

Dixie
30-12-11, 09:40 PM
Gents.

My mate and I inc wives are going to arrange a run to Leek in the summer next yr. We are going to use the Abbey Inn as a base and travel around abit.

I work in Leek occasionally, working in a factory at the Barnsfield Ind est. when there I always stay at the Abbey Inn, the landlord is great and the food exceptional and accomodation warm/clean.

So next yr, I want to look around Buxton/Matlock at a more leisurely pace. Is there a good time to go in the month so we can meet up with the local Cobra group? We intend coming up late July/early August.

Thanks Mark

nuf_said
31-12-11, 02:13 AM
Are you driving a cobra / cobras all the way from Zummerzet?

That's a good area to be in with our cars. I don't know when the area's car shows and the like will be for next year - so you can't yet plan to go to them or indeed to avoid them. However I guess there will be a lot of cobra drivers who would meet up. Your base looks like a nice pub and it isn't far from Sheffield. I reckon we'd get 3 at least to a meet / run / drink. You are even nearer to Bloke From Stoke.......

Good luck with the trip. The first requirement is a summer with summer weather... fingers crossed.

Oh and on the Cat and Fiddle watch out for police radars and crazy motor bikers (it's notorious for both).

Nuf Said

bloke from stoke
31-12-11, 11:02 AM
You rang;), as Nuf said I do live in the moorlands about 10 miles from Leek, as to meets/events around the planned time of your visit I don't know of anything yet, if anything comes up I'll post it up. This could be an opportunity for a cross border meet as there are quite a few members within easy reach of the area, Nuf's guys over Sheffield way, the Stoke area bunch, the South Manc's lads and possibly the some of the chaps around Chesterfield, anyone up for it?

As Nuf mentioned, due to the popularity of some of the brilliant roads in the Moorlands they are very popular with the bike lads and because of this they are also popular with the Plod, with some areas being policed from helicopters on bank holidays.

If you like bikes go to Matlock on any Sunday in the summer

Kind regards Lester

robcob
31-12-11, 12:04 PM
If my cars finished and painted i will be up for this:roll:,i think jonnym and daxman might also tag along although russ [daxman]got his arse spanked with his 500+hp dax by my 250hp rv8 sumo last time out:D.

Rob

Dixie
31-12-11, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys, I like the idea of a cross boarder meet, and yes Tony and I plan to drive up from Zummerset using the back roads up to the M42, then up the A38 to Burton area, then to Leek. Should be a nice run. I often use this route when I know the M5 is a mare.

Initial thoughts are the weekend of 5th &6th August.

Mark

bloke from stoke
31-12-11, 12:37 PM
Looks like we might have a good meet/run out in the making, if we can can get good weather the roads and scenery will take some beating

Kind regards Lester

Daxman
31-12-11, 04:35 PM
If my cars finished and painted i will be up for this:roll:,i think jonnym and daxman might also tag along although russ [daxman]got his arse spanked with his 500+hp dax by my 250hp rv8 sumo last time out:D.

Rob

I wasn't ready!!!! you cheated, i let you win, plus i like getting my arse spanked by you!!!!! Makes a nice change from watching lester spanking yours!!!!

Dixie
31-12-11, 05:27 PM
I can see already that this is going to be an interesting meet.

M

bloke from stoke
31-12-11, 06:00 PM
For the record I would just like to say that I have never spanked anything of Robs:roll:, either in the flesh, metaphorically or mechanical:lol:. What Russ and Rob get up to on their days out in the flesh pots of Chesterfield, is entirely up to them:o and I'm not here to judge:p:p.

Kind regards Lester;)

pete knighton
31-12-11, 06:08 PM
looks like we have a convoy, Pete

goughy
01-01-12, 08:17 AM
Hi to all and happy new year. Will join you guys if its at all possible. Hopefully Lester will do the co-ordinating for this end
Regards David

zodiaco5
01-01-12, 01:28 PM
Hi guys
If all goes well I would like to make an apperance.

Geoff

buzzard
18-05-12, 09:46 AM
Is this going to happen soon

Although I am not yet an owner I would love to be there to meet up with you guys

And as I live in leek I am pretty close to the venue .!-)

nealgs
18-05-12, 11:41 AM
maybe up for this also :)

Gary

Dixie
18-05-12, 11:44 AM
I origionally started this thread, BUT now may need to back out.

What with Silverstone, and Goodwood we had to organise a holiday to Ibiza!! Tough life I know.

Mark

bloke from stoke
18-05-12, 08:41 PM
Is this going to happen soon

Although I am not yet an owner I would love to be there to meet up with you guys

And as I live in leek I am pretty close to the venue .!-)

Hi, I think the meet was going to be the first weekend in August, I might see if some folks are still interested and run with it anyway. If you want a run out this Sunday to look at a few Cob reps there is a club meet at The Vernon Arms, Sudbury

Kind regards Lester

stokeflyer
19-05-12, 09:47 AM
Hi Lester,
August run looks good, should get loads of interest from the bike guys at Matlock although parking would be a mare!
would love to make tomorrow but car is in for mot next week and only got tomorrow to finish off some jobs on it.
Rich

bloke from stoke
19-05-12, 10:34 AM
Hi Rich are you at your place tomorrow am, I might call in for a brew if you are;)

Kind regards Lester