PDA

View Full Version : Gen 2 AK rolling chassis for sale

Chimeara
20-01-12, 07:33 PM
As the title says I have a Generation 2 AK Sportscars Rolling chassis available for immediate sale.

It is built to and features the follwing spec

GEN 2 XJ40 Based AK Powder coated black Chassis
Full grey gel coat body package with bonnet & doors pre hung boot lid supplied loose
Stainless steel engine bay cladding fitted
All other brackets as per AK website included
Body features small rivet on scoop, three leg roll bar behind drivers seat and wing recess fuel filler
Stainless steel 3 leg roll bar supplied
Completly rebuilt using all new parts shot blasted and painted XJ40 axles
All new bushes AK supplied and fitted to wishbones
AK supplied shocks and springs fitted
Brake lines fully installed and connected
Fully rebuilt 3.58 differential (not just painted and bolted in)
Stainless steel brake flexis fitted
Stainless steel fuel tank with sender fitted
Power steering rack fitted and hoses supplied
New aluminium 3 core radiator fitted
Handbrake cables fitted
Wiring loom and wash wipe interface fitted to body
All camber and castor settings set
Dashbourd, heater box and all other fibreglass panels included as per AK kit

Please see Generation II Body/Chassis Kit-AK Sports Cars (http://www.aksportscars.co.uk/generation-ii-body-chassis-kit.html) to see what is included in the AK kit.

Even by looking at the cost of the kit alone you can see this is a good deal.

Im sure ive missed some bits but basically your getting the complete chassis which is ready to accept the engine and gearbox of your choice and a body with the loom and interface already routed.

The chassis was designed for a chevy v8 fitment with getrag gearbox but all parts have been fitted to suit LS3 fitment as my own car so the power steering kit and fuel tank is ready for the LS3. All mountings, fuel system and power steering can easily be changed with AK to suit your own engine and gearbox fitment but personally id stick with the LS3 route.

This is an absolute bargain price with all the dirty work done and the complete rolling chassis professionally assembled. To self build to this stage or to purchase from AK would require an investment upwards of £12k

I am offering this for sale complete with paperwork for IVA purposes all assembled and on Jaguar donor wheels for £10750. Basically your getting the chassis built by me for free.

This would be a very quick and affordable way of self building your car which could easily be completed and on the road for the summer. If you wish for this build to be taken to a further stage i.e engine and gearbox of your choice fitted then id be happy to do so at an extra cost.

Please though do not start any rumours and take this from the horses mouth, I am not struggling to sell cars or need the cash, simply put I have a few health issues and other commitments at present and I simply cannot continue the build of my own car for which this chassis was intended.

Any viewing is welcome and id happily deliver the package at an agreed cost.

Someone is going to get an absolute bargain on a chassis that has been meticulously assembled as my own.

AK sportscars will back up my reasons for sale and happily supply any parts needed to continue the build.

Thought id put it on here before going through the nightmare task of dealing with rogue ebayers.

Happy to email photos if you PM me your address

bobby g
21-01-12, 05:41 PM
Good luck Anthony - I thought the AK rolling chassis option was very good value and was tempted to go this route when I started my build - that makes your's fantastic value. If you're thinking of building a Cobra this is a no-brainer for all the parts that are included.

Cheers - Rob

anmfiltration
03-02-12, 08:10 PM
:grin::grin:
As the title says I have a Generation 2 AK Sportscars Rolling chassis available for immediate sale.

It is built to and features the follwing spec

GEN 2 XJ40 Based AK Powder coated black Chassis
Full grey gel coat body package with bonnet & doors pre hung boot lid supplied loose
Stainless steel engine bay cladding fitted
All other brackets as per AK website included
Body features small rivet on scoop, three leg roll bar behind drivers seat and wing recess fuel filler
Stainless steel 3 leg roll bar supplied
Completly rebuilt using all new parts shot blasted and painted XJ40 axles
All new bushes AK supplied and fitted to wishbones
AK supplied shocks and springs fitted
Brake lines fully installed and connected
Fully rebuilt 3.58 differential (not just painted and bolted in)
Stainless steel brake flexis fitted
Stainless steel fuel tank with sender fitted
Power steering rack fitted and hoses supplied
New aluminium 3 core radiator fitted
Handbrake cables fitted
Wiring loom and wash wipe interface fitted to body
All camber and castor settings set
Dashbourd, heater box and all other fibreglass panels included as per AK kit

Please see Generation II Body/Chassis Kit�-�AK Sports Cars (http://www.aksportscars.co.uk/generation-ii-body-chassis-kit.html) to see what is included in the AK kit.

Even by looking at the cost of the kit alone you can see this is a good deal.

Im sure ive missed some bits but basically your getting the complete chassis which is ready to accept the engine and gearbox of your choice and a body with the loom and interface already routed.

The chassis was designed for a chevy v8 fitment with getrag gearbox but all parts have been fitted to suit LS3 fitment as my own car so the power steering kit and fuel tank is ready for the LS3. All mountings, fuel system and power steering can easily be changed with AK to suit your own engine and gearbox fitment but personally id stick with the LS3 route.

This is an absolute bargain price with all the dirty work done and the complete rolling chassis professionally assembled. To self build to this stage or to purchase from AK would require an investment upwards of £12k

I am offering this for sale complete with paperwork for IVA purposes all assembled and on Jaguar donor wheels for £10750. Basically your getting the chassis built by me for free.

This would be a very quick and affordable way of self building your car which could easily be completed and on the road for the summer. If you wish for this build to be taken to a further stage i.e engine and gearbox of your choice fitted then id be happy to do so at an extra cost.

Please though do not start any rumours and take this from the horses mouth, I am not struggling to sell cars or need the cash, simply put I have a few health issues and other commitments at present and I simply cannot continue the build of my own car for which this chassis was intended.

Any viewing is welcome and id happily deliver the package at an agreed cost.

Someone is going to get an absolute bargain on a chassis that has been meticulously assembled as my own.

AK sportscars will back up my reasons for sale and happily supply any parts needed to continue the build.

Thought id put it on here before going through the nightmare task of dealing with rogue ebayers.

Happy to email photos if you PM me your address