PDA

View Full Version : CRC and the 50th Cobra Aniversary

westborne
11-02-12, 02:34 PM
Is the club planning anything special for the Cobra 50th at Goodwood Revival ?

Several members are asking

cobracol
11-02-12, 02:38 PM
one problem, most of us wont get in!

Steve-Art
12-02-12, 03:31 PM
Goodwood are doing something themselves - a race for just cobras - it should be fabulous especially if they can get some of the american cars over.

As for CRC doing something, I would think it doesn't really apply as unless you've got a pre 65 reg they tell you you can't even get into the classic car park outside the event.

You could always give Goodwood a ring and ask if the CRC could have a special area for Cobra replica parking if a lot turn up.

Personally we usually go in the tin top as we only dump it in the the car park and go off each day to watch the racing anyway.

Karen

Steve-Art
12-02-12, 03:37 PM
Sorry that should read pre 74

Purple AK
14-02-12, 06:36 PM

Several members are asking The Committee haven't got anything planned for Goodwood. We/I have organised LeMans/Silverstone and Stoneleigh. If any members want to organise stuff then feel free with the clubs blessing. A Club is only as good as the members within the club that are prepared to do stuff!

kdavies3
14-02-12, 06:42 PM
The wife & I are booked in for the Revival, who else is going?

cobrap
14-02-12, 07:40 PM
The wife & I are booked in for the Revival, who else is going?

Me! ...and my good lady.

Arriving Friday afternoon and staying at the Caravan Club site near Bognor. Apparently they accept tents as well.

I thought the biggest problem would be getting tickets, but that was a breeze. The problem is getting period clothing.
Charity shops - watch out!!!

kdavies3
14-02-12, 07:53 PM
We managed to find a quite local B&B,
As you can guess the price doubles for that week.
If we only do the Revival once it has to be this year I think.
You're right about the clothes 7 months away and we're already looking. :D

cobrap
14-02-12, 07:59 PM
Cool. Hopefully we'll see you at Silverstone beforehand; but we will need to meet up at Goodwood for a glass of wine and canapes etc. :cool:
Top hole :!:

Dixie
27-02-12, 11:15 AM
If you want Army/Navy/RAF kit, then try "Kings" in Farrington Gurney Somerset. They have all manor of stuff and loads of Ex Military clothes/medals.hats etc.

And very cheap. I brought a RAF outfit for about £30.

Mark

clive a brown
27-02-12, 01:12 PM
I'll be there with my mechanic

cheers clive

cobrap
27-02-12, 04:15 PM
If you want Army/Navy/RAF kit, then try "Kings" in Farrington Gurney Somerset. They have all manor of stuff and loads of Ex Military clothes/medals.hats etc.

Mark
Thanks for the tip-off Mark. Not too far away either.

AlexB74
27-02-12, 04:42 PM
If you are after clothes for Goodwood try my friend Stephen Period Costumes - Northamptonshire | Stephen Smith the Tailor (http://www.stephensmithtailor-northampton.co.uk/period-costumes)He's a proper old school fully trained tailor, who also does 40's 50's and 60's clothing for Goodwood and the like. He's based in Northampton but will travel if there are a few of you he can measure in one go. He also does very nice suits - to get a suit made by someone with his training & experience on Saville row would cost you £2k - he's a one man band who does it all himself in Northampton, so the same suit from him would be about £375.

Alex

Dixie
27-02-12, 09:34 PM

Mark

oopps didnt spot the spelling mistake. Meant "Manner" of things, not Manor of things. iPods not all they are cracked up to be.

martin_t
08-03-12, 01:39 PM
I'll be there. In the Tin Top though. Struggled to find a B & B but finally got one 10 miles away.

Martin

cobrap
19-03-12, 10:09 PM

Several members are asking

I may be pre-empting another post due to appear shortly by Gary, but there is a Bristol Motor Club Event planned to be held at Castle Combe on Sunday 24 June, at which our Cobras will headline - plus BMC has a permit for just the Cobras to do a 3 lap parade. More details to follow, but all are welcome to join us on the day. There is also a sprint happening on Saturday and if people want to stop over then there is camping available, or B&B nearby.

Chrisy A
23-03-12, 09:37 AM
Count me in, for the Sunday.
Is any one else taking part in the Chipping Sodbury run - finishing at Castle Combe the same day?