PDA

View Full Version : SBC 350 or similar

Tim85
09-03-12, 10:29 PM
Hi all,

After an SBC of some description. Preferably a 350 with 4bolt mains but anything considered. Not really too worried about condition (as long as block is workable) but tidier the better. There are a few on fleabay but all seem to be so far away. Would rather buy from a forum member as well to be honest.
Anyone have anything? Based in Cheshire but don't really mind travelling to collect.

Thanks,
Tim

medistat
10-03-12, 08:49 AM
I honestly wouldn't get to keen about it being a 4-bolt else you'll restrict the market. There are some pretty decent 400-500HP units using 2-bolt mains. Also - a word of caution: if you ever start thinking about one of those new ally blocks bearing genuine GM casting numbers, check on it's origin. The chineze have now replicated even the SBC casting but I'm told that they are of very dubious quality.

bloke from stoke
10-03-12, 09:01 AM
As you are in Cheshire, I would try Mike Huddart, he is near Crewe and is a well known and regarded engine builder

Kind regards Lester

dingocooke
10-03-12, 04:19 PM
looking at your other post, I wouldnt buy tooooo many parts until youve decided what you want kit wise; and you might find a project with the motor in it!! Just my 2p...