PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary for sale

ccobra
11-05-12, 09:30 AM
Contemporary with blown ford 302 and top loader box. Tax except private plate CAS 516. Alloy huddart heads roller rockers racing pistons new flywheel and clutch, belt came off and engine overheated, still runs but will need to be stripped and checked as sounds rough. New chrome alternater, and polshed inlet manifold, brand new zedelbrock 4 barrel, etc.Just rebuilt sadly . £25,000
07831 644033

kdavies3
11-05-12, 09:39 AM
Is that you Neil?
If so I saw the car at Stoneleigh.
Don't you need to be having a conversation with the engine builder (again) :?

ccobra
11-05-12, 08:06 PM
Had enough at the moment, may change my mind but it went on the way to Laon France classic meet, home on a low loader so totally fed up, priced to sell as they make more running. Talk when I get home mate
Neil

Warren
11-05-12, 08:19 PM
Sorry to hear of your woes Neil, get home, have few pints and think again. I honestly don't think you are going to clear £25K with issues as you describe it. It's worth it but you will just end up with numpties offering silly money hoping for a steal.

Must be someone down there can help you out.

W

cobrap
11-05-12, 09:57 PM
Contemporary with blown ford 302 and top loader box. Tax except private plate CAS 516. Alloy huddart heads roller rockers racing pistons new flywheel and clutch, belt came off and engine overheated, still runs but will need to be stripped and checked as sounds rough. New chrome alternater, and polshed inlet manifold, brand new zedelbrock 4 barrel, etc.Just rebuilt sadly . £25,000
07831 644033

Sorry to hear your bad news and understand your frustration. It would completely p*ss me off as well, but selling...your Contemporary...really?

buzzard
13-05-12, 12:02 PM
Hi guys

For the uninitiated, What is a contemporary cobra??

wilf
13-05-12, 02:00 PM
One that exists right now.

( actually it was a quote well respected US replica back in the day, the owner upped and died)

wilf
13-05-12, 02:02 PM
Not "quote" but "quite" - site won't let me edit.

bigblock427
13-05-12, 03:38 PM
One that exists right now.

( actually it was a quite well respected US replica back in the day, the owner upped and died)

I would say even today it is one of the more accurate and well thought out replicas. Not that I am biased or anything.

buzzard
13-05-12, 04:55 PM
Ok so this is a make of kit??

Thanks by the way...

ccobra
15-05-12, 07:10 AM
Thanks all, will rebuild the engine, got home, lost all water and oil, but not run for too long so hope it is shells only, and getting the heads skimmed. Very fed up at the time. You are all correct it was a knee jerk reaction as I was so disappointed! Wish me luck, if not then I will buy a crate engine.
Neil

Dixie
15-05-12, 09:34 AM
You know it makes sense.

Good luck.

nealgs
15-05-12, 10:36 AM
Sorry to hear about you wows Neil :(

As other have said, don't sell her - you'd regret it.

Also, now could be a good opportunity for a power increase - stroker kit maybe :cool::twisted:

good luck

Gary

nealgs
15-05-12, 11:00 AM
Woes even - stupid 5min change rules (and inability to spell/type correctly)

kdavies3
15-05-12, 05:10 PM
Neil, do you have any come back on the engine builder?
If you threw the belt you must have some alignment issues that need sorting on you shiny serpentine set up. :D

cobrap
15-05-12, 11:33 PM
Thanks all, will rebuild the engine, got home, lost all water and oil, but not run for too long so hope it is shells only, and getting the heads skimmed. Very fed up at the time. You are all correct it was a knee jerk reaction as I was so disappointed! Wish me luck, if not then I will buy a crate engine.
Neil

Phew, that was a close one!! I look forward to the full SP at the weekend ;)

Paul B
16-05-12, 07:23 AM
Neil, do you have any come back on the engine builder?
If you threw the belt you must have some alignment issues that need sorting on you shiny serpentine set up. :D

Hi Kev

Unfortunately, the engine builder was a close personal friend of Neil's who will be mortified by the failures. Neil also helped build it so there is no "professional" recourse except to do it again :(

Paul

kdavies3
16-05-12, 12:11 PM
OK I see said the blind man! :)

buzzard
16-05-12, 10:15 PM
Duffer, there goes a chance to buy a contemporary......;-)

chiffer
18-05-12, 02:42 PM
You could have a chance at buying a GD.:)