PDA

View Full Version : New AK Owner!

Bob.D
26-05-12, 06:17 PM
Afternoon all,

I hope you have all been getting your cars polished and are waking them up in this amazing weather we are having!

I went to the car show at Stonleigh with my wife and saw my body and chassis on show at the AK stand and took some pics and got a few bits (thanks Stan),missed all the Cobras as i arrived late on the Monday (pants).
This morning we had i had a very nice chap deliver said AK COBRA chassis and body into our garage.
I have to say that i am like a little school boy all over again its a grate feeling.
Every time i go into the garage to get something out of the freezer i just smile and so does the wife, its just fantastic knowing what's awaiting me.
So today is me official start date!
Even though i have been gathering bits and bobs, stripping down parts and stuff i think that now i feel like i really am in the cobra club. woop woop.
Cant say how good it is to be dealing with Jon and the crew, i will be biased but i feel there are so helpful and accommodating its just nice to be involved in this project with them.
Just a thank you to everyone who has helped and advised me with opinions/knowledge that has let up to this point, and hope to gleam a lot more knowledge off you all in the years to come.

All the Best
Bob

:D:D:D

cobracol
26-05-12, 06:43 PM
Nice one, i remember well being in the same position, hope you have got your garage prepped for an overwinter build

britbits
26-05-12, 06:56 PM
good luck with build, oh and welcome to the mad house. regards Dave B

seph
26-05-12, 06:59 PM
Now the fun begins, good luck

Paul

Lloyd Barnes
27-05-12, 09:24 AM
Nice one Bob. Don't forget we will need to see many photos as the build progresses. Always very helpful if SWMBO is on board with the project as well. Days like today I wish mine was finished, but the build process is part of the fun so enjoy it :-)

BobMin
27-05-12, 09:05 PM
Hi Bob,
Welcome to the AK gang!. I got mine delivered in April so about the same exciting start point. Was yours the Metallic Gel coat that AK had on their stand? Looked a good finish for straight out of the mould. I know what you mean about Jon, we hit it off immediately and I'm sure there will be much P!55 taking in both directions over the coming years!

Just hope Jon doesn't get confused with 2 Bobs !

Good luck with it and enjoy!

rstratfo
27-05-12, 10:24 PM
Welcome aboard. It is great fun, don't be scared to ask questions - we don't bite! Quick hint - don't forget to cover over the air inlet of the heater and funnel the air in from the cockpit. Something you need to do to pass the IVA and best to do before the engine is in!

Jon and Wendi are great - patience of saints!