PDA

View Full Version : New member needs help!

jim merris
04-06-12, 06:15 PM
8-) Hello all. I am a new member living in Stourbridge. I have taken on a partially built DAX Cobra started in 2001. It features a beautifully made tubular space frame chassis, DB7 suspension brakes etc., chevy smallblock and 5 speed box.lots of work to do! I am an experienced bodywork man but could do with some kind soul allowing me an up close 'ogle' at their pride and joy (Cobra!). The guy who was building the Cobra now unfortunately not with us, was a wonderful engineer and I am truly hoping to finish the car to an exacting standard as a testimony to his work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (I have seen a beauty around the Hagley area - are you out there?)

Cheers

Jim

adriant
04-06-12, 07:32 PM
Jim,

Welcome to the forum. The madness begins here !

Sounds like you have bought a 'Supertube' Dax which were was their space frame chassis. They have now discontinued it but they are quite sought after so well done for getting you hands on one.

I think there are one or two people on here that have the Supertube chassis and I am sure that someone more knowledgable will be along in a while. If you contact Dax they may well be able to help as well.

I suggest you post some photo's of the chassis and its current state.

Good Luck,

Adrian

jim merris
05-06-12, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the reply Adrian, it is interesting what you say about the supertube chassis. My chassis has been built from scratch, using what I presume is a supertube chassis as a pattern. I have the original chassis which I intend to have blasted and powder coated to sell to try and raise some funds. My chassis is a much thicker guage than the original and has been made to fit the DB7 running gear. I will be posting some photos soon and would be interested to read your comments. Thanks again, Jim.

Daryn Smith
05-06-12, 07:26 PM
I am in Stourbridge/Hagley.

Still building, but mine is a Sumo and powered by Chevy.

Happy Jim
05-06-12, 07:40 PM
has been made to fit the DB7 running gear. .

Jim,
Early DB7 running gear is the same as Late XJS running gear, only difference to "normal" XJ running gear would be that you have the outboard rear disks.

Would love to see piccies though.

Rgds
Jim

jim merris
05-06-12, 08:04 PM
That's very interesting, Jim - thank you for that. Will get some pics up by the weekend.

jim merris
05-06-12, 08:06 PM
I am in Stourbridge/Hagley.

Still building, but mine is a Sumo and powered by Chevy.

Hello Daryn, You're very local, could we meet up? I'd love to have a look at what you're doing. This is my mobile no: 07515 144872.

Cheers