PDA

View Full Version : Hants/sussex june newsletter

BLOKE
12-06-12, 01:13 PM
Hi All, Again it's been a long time since I posted,I have been busy family wise, and been to brittany for a couple of weeks.

*******Firstly please note that there will be no planned meeting at Goodwood on 24th. june.

Well what about this weather. It really is having an impact on us now and I am sure everyone is totally fed up with it. Victory Wheelers was completely cancelled last weekend, and I am sure many other events right across the country have also been cancelled. Such a shame, as so much work goes into these events.

Silverstone Classic - 20th - 22nd July
Just to let you know, if you wish to purchase tickets for this event, the discount code (2 for 1) is now available on the Cobra Website.

Cranleigh Lions Classic Car Show - 19th August, 2012

The 2012 Cranleigh Lions Classic Car Show & Autojumble is on Sunday 19th August 2012, from 9am to 4.30pm at the Cranleigh Showground.
Registered classic vehicles are admitted free of charge including the driver and one passenger. Additional passenger 16 and over are £6 each.
Entrance to the show is £6, with under 16s free. A programme containing vehicles on display and registered before 19th July costs just £3.
The show is one of the largest one day classic car shows in the south-east of England and attracts 1,700 vehicles of all shapes and sizes, from concours winning to those needing a little TLC. The classic car show is run by the Cranleigh Lions to raise money for local organisations and needy people and in 2011 raised over £20,000.Online Registration is Open
Online registration for the 2012 classic car show is now open for vehicles 20 years old or older. Your registration is confirmed straight away with a link to print your ticket.
In previous years registration has closed in early August as there is a limit on the number of vehicles we can display in the Cranleigh Showground, so register early to avoid disappointment.
More details about the Classic Car Show & Autojumble at Classic Car Show & Autojumble Sunday 19th August 2012 9am to 4:30pm :: Cranleigh & District Lions Club, Cranleigh, Surrey UK (http://www.cranleighlions.org/classiccarshow)
This has been well supported and popular with our club.

European Club Meeting, Netherlands - 31st August - 2nd September

If anyone is interested in going along to this, Frank Dowsett is pulling together names from our Club, so if you are interested, can you please e-mail him - frank.dowsett@btinternet.com

For details see General (http://ecm.cobraclub.nl/index.php/en/)

Dates for your Diaries

June

16-17 - Newark National Kit Car Festival, Notts

16-17 - Le Mans 24 Hour Race, France

28 June – 1st July – Festival of Speed, Goodwood

July

6-8 - Le Mans Classic, France

8 - Formula 1 British GP Silverstone

20-22 - Silverstone Classic

August

4 - Goodwood Sprint, Goodwood Racetrack

19 - Cranleigh Classic Car Show

September

31 August - 2nd Sept. European Club Meeting

8-9 - International Autojumble, Beaulieu

8 - The National Speed Trials - Madeira Drive, Brighton

14-16 - Goodwood Revival, Chichester

21-23 - 6 Hours of Spa Festival (Spa Classic, Belgium)

November

11-13 - Classic Motor Show, NEC Birmingham

Goodwood Breakfast Club - First Sunday of Month

August 5th - Thoroughbred SundayCelebrating the golden era of Goodwood Motor Circuit with pre-1966 classics

October 7th - Soft Top SundayOpen top cars of all shapes and sizes, to catch the last sunshine of the year

November 4th - Continental ClassicsAll European classic cars and bikes (excluding British) from France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Scandinavia

If you want a chance for your car to be on the grid, you can pre-register via the Goodwood Website:

Registration (http://www.goodwood.co.uk/breakfast-club/registration.aspx)

All Goodwood Events in 2012

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/downloads/motorsport/goodwood-motor-circuit-diary-2012-v1.pdf

If you wish me to advertise any activity I have not yet mentioned, please do let me know.

Best Regards

Terry and Frank.