PDA

View Full Version : 1963 427 fe engine

cosworth
19-06-12, 08:00 PM
Hello to all i own a 1963 ford 427 fe engine and box in an american car not desighned for the ford motor and have recently had a mass of people wanting to buy it so i have joined this forum to see if there is anybody who can give me an idea of what price it could be wirth as my dad says the cobra people would have the best knowledge ,Thanks and hope ime not being disrespectfull ,John Paul

dave
19-06-12, 08:05 PM
Hi John Paul.
I don't mind you asking, though I couldn't give you a value.
People will want to knoww if it is either a Side Oiler or a Centre/Top Oiler.
Side oilers are worth more.

Someone should be along soon with an estimate though.

Good luck.

cosworth
19-06-12, 08:10 PM
Its a side oiler low riser 4v Q code engine according to casting numbers out of a 1963 ford galaxy 410 hp with a factory 4 barrel intake ,Thanks Dave

KevinW
19-06-12, 08:10 PM
also - is it a runner, has it been re-bored (if so, what displacement now?) and does it come with ancillaries? or is it just the cast iron engine you are offering?

also, we need to see some pcis and as much spec as possible.

As all the FEs look the same (albeit sideoiler v slightly different), do you have some documentary evidence about the engine?

If it comes with a bellhousing and a toploader gearbox, it will be quite desirable.

dave
19-06-12, 08:11 PM
Is it in good condition or does it need a rebuild?
Dos it have any fancy bits on it.....Heads etc???

cosworth
19-06-12, 08:21 PM
It is a complete engine and gearbox was refreshed a few years ago new gaskets shells core plugs excetra and never rebored or had the crank reground but this came out of a ford galaxy so was fitted with the fmx 3 speed auto box as not many yanks were made in manual but i will try to load some pics and the casting number only equates to a 427 and the guy i bought it off took it out of the galaxy and fitted it into the car its presently in as the galaxy was to rotten to restore 230152301623017its a cast iron engine and this site is a lot easyer to use than the other sites ime a member of ,Thanks JP

kdavies3
19-06-12, 08:50 PM
Are the heads aluminium or have they just been painted silver?

bigblock427
19-06-12, 09:41 PM
What is the block casting number that you have for it?

bigblock427
19-06-12, 10:11 PM
Its a side oiler low riser 4v Q code engine according to casting numbers out of a 1963 ford galaxy 410 hp with a factory 4 barrel intake ,Thanks Dave

Dave the Ford 427FE Sideoiler was introduced in 1965 so if yours is a '63 it must be a topoiler. If you give me the block casting number I will try and give you more accurate information.