PDA

View Full Version : Cobra club meets Essex

Laurie kelly
30-06-12, 09:30 AM
Hi, just to introduce myself, i am a new owner of a cobra Dax 5.7ltr version 2008 model l and wanted to
know where and when any cobra clubs meet in the BENFLEET ESSEX area please.

I'd like to go along to start meeting enthusiasts and get some advice on certain questions I have to do with
The car eg :-

- recommended mechanics who can test and tune my engine on a rolling road to ensure its set up correctly

- recommended mechanics who can degrease parts of the engine to clean it up and then swap key parts to
stainless ones

- recommended mechanics who can " pretty" up the engine bay with coloured silicon leads, new leads and
connectors , MSD unit, high performance hoses

- best place to get my boot trimmed out and the actual seating area retrimmed in places

- where can I obtain clear side lights and indicator light lense covers

- on my car it has the blue tinted sun visors and I'd like to get the small side windows also tinted blue or
swapped over to match the sun visors lense. Any idea who makes the sun visors and where I could get
replacement side windows

Thanks in advance for any information or advice anyone out there may be able to give me.

jon1d
30-06-12, 06:20 PM
Hi Welcome ,

There is a Essex meet tomorrow about 12:00 at Half way House on A127 . Should be a good turn out with the weather .

H20s
30-06-12, 09:02 PM
Wish I could make it, working..!! really gutted now that I got my car working once more.. Oh well, have fun and hopefully the sun will be out..!!!

Enjoy..!!

Rick..

Laurie kelly
01-07-12, 09:49 AM
many thanks Jon, look forward to seeing you there. if thats your cobra in the photo it looks fantastic !!

Laurie kelly
01-07-12, 09:50 AM
thanks for the response Rick, maybe see you there at the next one. kind regards, Laurie

happie33
01-07-12, 01:33 PM
I am based in wickford and would be up for a drive out anytime you want .......

H20s
01-07-12, 07:42 PM
Sounds good Ralph..!! As I couldn't get out today I had a spin in mine yesterday evening, sort of test driving due to recent problems just to see whether there were any other problems.. It certainly made up for missing you all today.. Hopefully will be able to be at the August meet to see you all.. we will see..

Well enjoy whilst the sun shines..!! don't how long this will last..!!

Rick..

happie33
01-07-12, 08:26 PM
Fellow Essex cobra peps .....

Where is best place for all to meet? Me in wickford

Halfway house is ok ?

Or name somewhere .., and then we get a midweek drive out going...

Tuesday or Thursday Are good for me....

Let's enjoy the weather whilst we can

H20s
01-07-12, 09:45 PM
no problems for me as I live in Rayleigh so its easy going down the A127.. however, during the week no go as I finish work just after 22:00hrs.. could try and see if I could have few hours out.. Its a good idea for everyone else though... just hope the suns comes out and the rain goes away..!!
Rick..

Stephen H
27-07-12, 01:32 PM
Hi,

Do meet regularly at the half way house and if so is there a meeting in August? My Dax should be ready for a first outting in a week or two, weather permitting?
regards Steve,