PDA

View Full Version : Dax Cobra 351c

Alastair_Mayne
02-07-12, 03:21 PM
Am gradually beginning to consider selling the Cobra ... :( still hesitant but since taking a full time job (contracting and working an average 8 months a year was much easier!) I am just not getting out for months at a time, and am paying for a garage in London!

I want to buy a fun car I can drive every day, and truth be told the cobra is not London friendly with traffic levels in the city centre!

Not got to stage of taking a decent set of photos or advertising on PH (so have the pleasure of multiple scams to come...) but thought I would get the ball rolling here:
- Dax 1998 build (not me!)
- Blue and White stripes, but quite a few scratches and were I buying here I would get a full respray (reflected in price...)
- matching hard top (with the hinged boot, and ability for heated rear window though now wired up)
- got new Image wheels with spinners last year, so immaculate plus decent tread on tyres
- 351c engine, recent cam change done by Hallmark cars
- They also changed my sump for me to a nice looking baffled one (got windage tray which is not yet fitted)
- rebore on +40 by race company near my parents home, who also put new bearings and crank in
- street avenger holley carb c. 650 (from memory)
- edelbrock air gap manifold
- MSD ignition with cihp in for 5,500
- AFD 64cc 2V heads
- new radiator c. 18 months ago
- adjustable shocks all round set up by Track Developments
- wideband lamba sensor in place

Not insane power though lovely sound and stable but lopey sounding idle, it 280 at the wheels on dyno at 5,500 (though would rev higher without limited) so 320-330 at flywheel using rule of thumb. Suspect if someone wants a lot more power out of this they could get it ... port match, zero deck etc, but I never found myself wanting more! TO rev beyond 6000 would require some proper oiling modifications though.

Priced at £25k ... (I paid 28, and have had a lot of work done - will never recover the spend of course!) and not desperate to sell as when I write this I suddenly feel a huge sense of nostalgia .... :(

Thinking about a Lotus Evora S but it will never have the raw madness this car offered!

Al

427jlc
02-07-12, 09:29 PM
Hi Al,

do you have a price for the windage tray? Thanks Lee

Alastair_Mayne
03-07-12, 03:52 PM
Lee, will sell it for £25k, and throw the car it too :)

More seriously, for now I think I will just keep all parts together ... once I advertise this then if it doesn't sell I might consider selling the various spares I have separately and perhaps the roof and then offer car up for less money ...

Cheers

Al

427jlc
03-07-12, 10:18 PM
No worries Al, keep me in mind, thanks Lee

Alastair_Mayne
08-12-12, 01:02 PM
Work ... it gets in the way of driving!

Not been out for months and months, so now much more keen to sell as this car isn't getting the use it deserves! Would consider sliightly lower offer for quicker sale. Al

Gagat
11-02-13, 09:18 AM
Sold or not??

Glass Snake
11-02-13, 11:00 AM
Lee, will sell it for £25k, and throw the car it too :)

More seriously, for now I think I will just keep all parts together ... once I advertise this then if it doesn't sell I might consider selling the various spares I have separately and perhaps the roof and then offer car up for less money ...

Cheers

Al

PM sent. - Glenn.