PDA

View Full Version : Sidevents

KevinW
17-07-12, 07:10 PM
Popped in to see John Kerr on the w/e and he showed me his new Crendon sidevents design - look like the traditional cobra items, but they mount/unclip from the body without any need for tools.

After some cajouling, says he might now be persuaded to sell some of his products to a wider range of customers. ;)

kdavies3
17-07-12, 07:13 PM
Wouldn't that make them rather easy to steal?

KevinW
17-07-12, 07:14 PM
- only if you know how to undo them!

aaronjb
19-07-12, 09:28 AM
Ooh .. those sound nice!

BobMin
19-07-12, 10:02 AM
Ooh .. those sound nice!

Have you checked what colours they come in ? ;)

Lloyd Barnes
19-07-12, 11:00 AM
Ooh .. those sound nice!

If Johns made them then as we know they'll be first class. I think it would be a good move on his part to sell a few other products to the wider Cobra fraternity. Vents, sidepipes etc... why not.

Like others, I've spent some time with John in his workshop and its proper old school engineering done correctly. I'd have been delighted to have Crendon items on my Dax (and I refused to buy some of the Dax items as TBH I just didn't think they were the standard I was looking for). :-)

aaronjb
19-07-12, 11:48 AM
Have you checked what colours they come in ? ;)

I'll bet I could paint them yellow! :razz: :lol:

Lloyd Barnes
19-07-12, 12:44 PM
I'll bet I could paint them yellow! :razz: :lol:

I'm not sure but I think I just heard a scream coming roughly from the direction of Buckinghamshire :-D

dingocooke
19-07-12, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure but I think I just heard a scream coming roughly from the direction of Buckinghamshire :-D

hmmmm Aaron, I am fairly sure you would get black balled for that by John....and I mean that in the sense of bruising by size 10's.......;-) :-) :-D

Neil O
19-07-12, 02:04 PM
If the rest of his car was yellow then painting the sidevents the same colour would be fine.

I know Aaron is a heathen, but he doesn't deserve to be vilified at every opportunity.

On second thoughts, he does. ;)