PDA

View Full Version : Hello - another newbie

Sebnev
23-07-12, 03:44 PM
Well not a complete newbie, 9 years old I sold my Pilgrim Sumo - Rover 3.5, BRG, silver le mans stripe, side pipes..... any way I've missed it ever since.

Anyway nows the time to get another one - I don't have the patience to build so going to buy one OTR. Could be good timing now its not rained for all of 2 days....

Thanks.

Lloyd Barnes
23-07-12, 04:30 PM
Hi there,

Welcome to the club (again?). :-)

Once youve had one of these things they do get under your skin! Some nice cars for sale at the moment. Any ideas what you are looking for?

Sebnev
23-07-12, 04:58 PM
Thanks !
I'm just doing some research to find out which make. Last one was a Pilgrim Sumo. Not sure if if was the build or the kit but I would like something a bit better quality this time.

Looking for advice on AK vs Dax vs Gardner Douglas.
I'm really keen on side exhausts even if thats not a genuine look for a real cobra - but again want to understand pros & cons of both.

Lloyd Barnes
23-07-12, 05:04 PM
Build quality is all, any of the three you are looking at can be built to a very high standard.

Re side pipes, they look great IMHO. Downsides are the car will be noisier to drive, no chance for a balance pipe so you don't get quite the classic v8 rumble and they can get exciting if you touch them with a bare calf as you get out!!! Personally I wouldn't have a cobra without them and more replicas than not seem to have them. Race cobras and 427S/C's had them so perfectly correct to add them.

Liquid Sliver
23-07-12, 05:53 PM
Sebnev

Check your pm's

Paul

cobracol
23-07-12, 07:18 PM
Thanks !
I'm just doing some research to find out which make. Last one was a Pilgrim Sumo. Not sure if if was the build or the kit but I would like something a bit better quality this time.

Looking for advice on AK vs Dax vs Gardner Douglas.
I'm really keen on side exhausts even if thats not a genuine look for a real cobra - but again want to understand pros & cons of both.

Popcorn Anybody?

Im going to agree with Lloyd!