PDA

View Full Version : One of the best in UK, and it's being given away (almost)...

SteveAvery
20-08-12, 05:23 PM
I'm giving away my personally specified, factory-built, Ferrari-eating Cobra at this price! 0-60mph in about 4 seconds! Cruise all day at 150mph (in Germany)!

With 400hp, this car flies! BUT it is also very comfortable and luxurious, having leather throughout. (There's not a scrap of vinyl in this car.) Plush carpeting. DAB radio and 12-CD auto-changer. Sliding glass side windows for good weather-proofing. Original wind-wings alternative. Mohair hood.

Almost new condition. Under 12,000 miles.

Turns heads everywhere! See the full specification, photos and videos at Cobra replica for sale (http://www.replicars.co.uk) and get a lot of bang for the buck! The £22,950 price includes the "400 HP" registration number.

I might part-exchange for a Mercedes Benz SL55, SL65 or SLK 55, or a camper van, with cash either way.

KevinW
20-08-12, 11:01 PM
Your Sumo(?) should be in the For Sale section, rather than Gen Discussion.

Clive
20-08-12, 11:11 PM
The £22,950 price includes the "400 HP" registration number.

Surely the registration number is J40 OHP?

bigblock427
21-08-12, 08:46 AM
I'm giving away my personally specified, factory-built, Ferrari-eating Cobra at this price! 0-60mph in about 4 seconds! Cruise all day at 150mph (in Germany)!

W.

In the attached advert it makes the claim that it can actually 'cruise all day at 160mph' and has a top speed of 'probably' 185mph. :confused::confused::confused:

Miket
21-08-12, 08:53 AM
You might as well give it away, as you obviously can't sell it. :(

It's been up for sale for years. :confused:

Try advertising it at a reasonable price.

hifihedgehog
21-08-12, 09:19 AM
Swap that 70's cortina brown for blue with white stripes and jobs a good 'un.

Highlander
21-08-12, 12:45 PM
It's the 'H block' beige leather everywhere that would put me off!!

jonny m
21-08-12, 02:11 PM
Is there a record of how much a used Sumo has actually ever sold for?

Most I've seen is top teens, never seen one over the £20k mark.

Sidecarbod
21-08-12, 03:52 PM
Is there a record of how much a used Sumo has actually ever sold for?

Most I've seen is top teens, never seen one over the £20k mark.

There is always some nutter with more money than....

Having said that I should not slag of Sumo's as I have one but it would have to be something very special. (Unlike the one at the start of this thread!) ;)

tonym
21-08-12, 04:05 PM
Seen this car for sale many many times, it doesn't get any prettier with age does it? Believe it was up for close to £30k at one point, didn't sell then either. Personally I believe there are many lies in the advert, i.e. it wouldn't eat a Ferrari, wouldn't sit at 150 all day long and wouldn't hit 60 in 4 seconds. It's also definitely NOT one of the best and at that price the owner isn't giving it away, from what I've seen of it it's £7000 to expensive! Finally, and again JMHO, it wouldn't turn heads with that interior, just stomachs :-)

Lloyd Barnes
21-08-12, 08:27 PM
This place is probably the wrong place to try to oversell a cobra. What you have is a Chevy powered Sumo in an undesirable colour and interior trim. May be a nicely built car but you'd do well to heed the price suggestions given by some very experienced folk above.

If not then good luck in your search for ssomeone who has no idea, plenty of cash and a penchant for unresearched purchases. :-)

Purple AK
21-08-12, 08:32 PM
This place is probably the wrong place to try to oversell a cobra. What you have is a Chevy powered Sumo in an undesirable colour and interior trim. May be a nicely built car but you'd do well to heed the price suggestions given by some very experienced folk above.

If not then good luck in your search for ssomeone who has no idea, plenty of cash and a penchant for unresearched purchases. :-)
Been searching for a diplomatic way of replying to this one. Well done Lloyd.

Sidecarbod
21-08-12, 08:37 PM
If not then good luck in your search for someone who has no idea, plenty of cash and a penchant for unresearched purchases. :-)

Then they will turn up on this forum....OMG!

bloke from stoke
21-08-12, 10:21 PM
Too much brown, too much wood, too much money and too many inaccurate boasts about performance, with a new interior and a respray needed it's worth about half the asking:( and that assumes the rest of it has been put together correctly:confused:, just my humble opinion:rolleyes:

Kind regards, Lester (Sumo owner:D)

wilf
22-08-12, 06:56 AM
Guys - I am surprised at you all.

This chap wants to sell his car, and so what if his way of "bigging it up" doesn't strike a chord with many here?

How would any of you feel if someone piled into your own "for sale" thread with mocking criticism of your car, your style, and your asking price?

Really - "think twice, post once".

JMHO. I was on the receiving end of this type of thing once from someone with an axe to grind (anonymous little twat that they were, and wouldn't I like them to have the balls to own up to my face). It isn't good.

Les
22-08-12, 07:39 AM
Well said Wilf

craggle
22-08-12, 07:56 AM
Indeed, Thank you Wilf.
I think it's a great car, looks well built and wish the seller luck in finding a buyer.

Craig.

tonym
22-08-12, 10:26 AM

This chap wants to sell his car, and so what if his way of "bigging it up" doesn't strike a chord with many here?

How would any of you feel if someone piled into your own "for sale" thread with mocking criticism of your car, your style, and your asking price?

JMHO. I was on the receiving end of this type of thing once from someone with an axe to grind (anonymous little twat that they were, and wouldn't I like them to have the balls to own up to my face). It isn't good.

You can tell he owns a stag now can't you :-) :-) :-)

Miket
22-08-12, 10:30 AM
You can tell he owns a stag now can't you :-) :-) :-)

And it's YELLOW :( :D :D

Neil O
22-08-12, 10:33 AM
...and he named it Buttercup.

Gaydar.....:D

bigblock427
22-08-12, 11:11 AM

I think the style and colour of the car is a personal choice but the seller also makes some claims that are incorrect and potentially misleading to the inexperienced. It is for this reason that he has opened himself up to some criticism on this site, which is justified in my opinion.

Unless of course you believe the following to be an honest representation of the car and its ability .......

will cruise all day a 150mph

will probably do 185mph

reg no. 400 HP

one of the best available in UK

give away price

FatBoy
22-08-12, 11:16 AM
blank....

Changed my mind. ;)

labeline
22-08-12, 01:35 PM
This guy has obviously offended a lot of people! Whilst I acknowledge that some of the claims may (we don't know,,,it may do everything he claims ...performance wise) be unlikely or misleading, they are his claims and he will have to stand by them and anyone who buys anything based on the claims of the person selling it is a fool. He won't be the first to overstate the quality or performance of their cars...including some big name manufacturers. He probably chose the wrong place to big up his car but I thought we had an unwritten rule that we didn't slag off each others cars on this forum or does that only apply to people driving some of the more expensive marques? The car looks nicely put together and no doubt cost a great deal of money to do. Someone will like the colour and the interior. It is worth what someone will pay for it.

nealgs
22-08-12, 03:19 PM
To tell you the truth, this is one of the ones i was looking at nearly 3 years ago as a potential purchase (think it was up for just under £25k then) - i actually liked the body work color and interior (except the wood parts) and think it looks like a well finished example.

Now a bit more up on Cobra knowledge I still like the body color and interior (exept wood parts) and it still looks like a well finished example, just that i know it to be slightly over priced for a Sumo, but then again, at the end of the day it's only worth what anyone is willing to pay for it - if someone buys it for £20k + then it must of been worth it to them :)

Good luck seller, just hope you can prove all of the above claims you make for it

rgds
Gary

Sidecarbod
22-08-12, 03:27 PM
I think the style and colour of the car is a personal choice but the seller also makes some claims that are incorrect and potentially misleading to the inexperienced. It is for this reason that he has opened himself up to some criticism on this site, which is justified in my opinion.

Unless of course you believe the following to be an honest representation of the car and its ability .......

will cruise all day a 150mph

will probably do 185mph

reg no. 400 HP

one of the best available in UK

give away price

For what it's worth I agree with you! The colour scheme is a personal thing but the claims in the advert are just plain misleading, some poor muppet will fall for it and it will be too late once they have parted with their hard earned cash.

FatBoy
22-08-12, 03:29 PM
Changed my mind again.

Having looked at the website and although it isn't to my taste, it does appear to be a very nicely put together car. I also think the colour is fine and suits the car well.
Yes, some of his claims may be exeggerated, but then don't most sellers guild the lilly a little? It makes me feel very uncomfortable when people wade in to mock and ridicule someone else's pride and joy.

JMHO.
Paul

Sidecarbod
22-08-12, 03:55 PM
It makes me feel very uncomfortable when people wade in to mock and ridicule someone else's pride and joy.

JMHO.
Paul

I guess most people would not place their car on such a high pedestal. :cool:

wilf
22-08-12, 03:59 PM
No pedestal can really be too high when you want to sell it.

labeline
22-08-12, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't want to put my car on a pedestal, people would be able to see what it looks like from underneath!

Warren
22-08-12, 04:40 PM
You can come at this both ways, I was very honest and descriptive when mine was for sale. The odd viewer I did get was given the 'things I would do differently' guide, no holds barred. And I still say my car couldn't be built for £5K over what I was selling it for.

I've seen a few really nicely turned out Sumo's, can't comment on this one as the linky thing ain't working for me but as peeps have said, it's worth what they will pay. Does seem a tad steep though.

W

bigblock427
22-08-12, 04:48 PM
I would probably not have made any comment regarding the chaps car if he had simply posted an advert in the ' for sale' section, but surely if you make a post in the general discussion forum then you are inviting comments. If you also make some silly claims about the car then you can hardly be surprised if some of those comments are negative.

kdavies3
22-08-12, 08:51 PM
I notice the OP hasn't reappeared on here to defend his comments.
I suspect he may have been in and read though?
Either way IMHO it's a nice car just some what over priced. :rolleyes:

Purple AK
22-08-12, 09:01 PM
I notice the OP hasn't reappeared on here to defend his comments.
I suspect he may have been in and read though?
Either way IMHO it's a nice car just some what over priced. :rolleyes:
Strangely he's not been on since he posted the Ad!

labeline
22-08-12, 09:13 PM
Don't really blame him under the circumstances. Limited camaraderie on this thread, whatever the motivation:(.