PDA

View Full Version : Pentillie Festival of Speed

westborne
21-08-12, 07:14 AM
OK

We are now fully booked for next Sunday the 26th at the FOS.
(the final space went to Pauls' Sumo)

They want us in by 9.30 LATEST and I have the entry tickets - so the plan is to meet at Tesco Car Park Callington at 9 am and convoy in

The addresss is Tavistock Road - Callington - PL17 7XG - (try not to be late )
You all have my Mobile number if you are delayed

see you there

andy l
24-08-12, 06:25 PM
Chris
Stu e called today and he will be pickinng up Andy "tigergreen" around 0845am, then meeting me at 0900am, We will meet you at the gates to pentillie around 0920am. Andy ;)

Murray
24-08-12, 09:30 PM
Mary and I will also meet you at the gates or ambush you on the way. Got to drop Holly off in Plymouth beforehand.

westborne
25-08-12, 07:53 AM
OK Guys - No problem

stu e
25-08-12, 02:17 PM
Hope the weather improves.
I really picked the wrong 10 minutes to go get some fuel for the morning.:(

The Great Redmondo
25-08-12, 09:45 PM
Guys, I must warn you about the state of the 'Exhibiter' field at the FOS. I have been here all day and it has barely stopped raining. The event is set on a hillside unsurprisingly and many places in the field complex have become a quagmire. It took a full three hours to get out of the event today and my Cobra was a sorry state, caked in mud and looking the worse for wear. I am still going to meet you all as planned in the morning for the convoy in but I won't be putting my car in that field again.

westborne
26-08-12, 02:49 PM
Paul - thanks for the heads up - and the "chip in for the stand" - we made the executive decision not to go in and trolled off for a run accross Dartmoor - Murray got in - and called and told us that we had made the right decision - he just managed to get out and joined up with us at the lake for Lunch (His car was in a similar state to yours yesterday)

So sad after all the anticipation and organisation but thanks to Andy l and Stu as well for spying out the entrance and the likelyhood that we would all get stuck in there - last thing we needed was people attempting to tow stuck Cobras out of the mire .

Never mind I'll drop Pentillie a note of sympathy and see if we can negotiate on our stand fee (already paid of course but maybe a discount for next year?)

stu e
26-08-12, 03:10 PM
Good to see all today.
A real shame but at least no one got hurt and no cars were damaged.
Andy had a longer first trip in a cobra than he expected, don't ask him about his lost sunglassess.
Even managed to get home dry, so not a bad day out.

Stu.

andy l
26-08-12, 06:09 PM
Pitty about pentillie, but good to see everybody, and a great run around Cornwall and Devon, hope you all made it back safe, hope you got all the mud off murray, glad you did not run into any rain stu "makes a change". If the weather holds up see you next sunday, Andy ;)

timw
26-08-12, 07:45 PM
Well Sarah and I arrived at around 9.35 to be told by the stewards that they had managed to get rid you lot thus maintaining the quality tone of the event. So we parked up on the road just beyond the entrance and wandered in. All sorts of vehicles either pottering or being thrashed up the hill including a fine sounding 289. An interesting place to saunter around so lets hope they do it again in better weather.

Tim

Murray
26-08-12, 08:55 PM
239572395823959 Dirty girl still, wash day tomorrow!

tigergreen
28-08-12, 08:37 AM
T'was a pity the weather ruined the weekend.
Still, the decision to have an impromptu tour around Dartmoor meant I had an extended passenger ride in Stu's Sumo (thanks Stu) which was very enjoyable indeed! It has certainly given me renewed incentive to crack on with mine once I've finished the decorating (should give me plenty of brownie points for mucho garage time!)

Andy.