PDA

View Full Version : Crendon 427SC for sale

Neil O
29-08-12, 08:49 AM
Yup, the time has come. My Crendon is now for sale.

It's advertised on Pistonheads if you're interested.
Anthony at Absolute Horsepower is marketing/selling it for me as my selling agent.

Genuine car, genuine reason for sale (I'm going to build another Crendon).

:D

Miket
29-08-12, 08:59 AM
Why sell such a stunning car to build another. :confused:

Absolute Horsepower Ltd : Stunning CRENDON 427S/C RECREATION, 7.6 LITRE Sideoiler V8 (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4189430.htm)

Neil O
29-08-12, 09:12 AM
I fancy a change Mike.
It will be a different style.

Sadly I can't afford to keep this one while I build the next one and I don't have the room anyway.

Lloyd Barnes
29-08-12, 09:15 AM
whats the plans for the new one? Something different or has the building bug just bitten again?

aha, crossed posts! Looks good on Pistonheads btw :-)

kdavies3
29-08-12, 10:17 AM
Like Lloyd said tell us more Neil. ;)
good luck with the sale.
I'm intrigued to know what else you can do to a Crendon without upsetting JK at least. :D

KevinW
29-08-12, 10:39 AM
mine has a few non-standard additions - I think most of them have JKs approval, although not all. :)

Neil - tell us more........

Neil O
29-08-12, 10:42 AM
JK knows of my plans. No issues there.
Just a theme change, nothing too drastically different really.
It's easier to start from scratch and put my ideas into a new build rather than mucking about with a fully sorted car.
I also need a reason to build the new five car garage I have already got planning permission for.......;)

snakebite
29-08-12, 12:21 PM
The car will be sold with a full wet weather hood and tonneau cover.

Is this new? Neil

dolphinboy400
29-08-12, 02:08 PM
good luck with the sale neil, it's a lovely car! Make sure Ant doesn't take too big a commision , unless he is lending you the daytona ;)

Neil O
29-08-12, 03:38 PM
The car will be sold with a full wet weather hood and tonneau cover.

Is this new? Neil
No Steve.
Anthony has got so used to including it with his cars he put it in the ad by habit.
It will be altered later today.
The reg number is not going with the car either. It will be a K or M reg if I remember correctly.

Neil O
29-08-12, 03:40 PM
good luck with the sale neil, it's a lovely car! Make sure Ant doesn't take too big a commision , unless he is lending you the daytona ;)
I don't think Anthony will mind me saying that he is trying to build up the Cobra sales side of his business and hopefully this will help him.

legend
29-08-12, 03:49 PM
Just 1 more reason I hope to win the lotto this week

If not someone is gonna get 1 of if not the best cars out there!!!

All the best Oakers

labeline
29-08-12, 07:32 PM
I want it. Camelot, you know my numbers, get on with it.

wilf
29-08-12, 07:34 PM
Best of luck with the sale Neil. It is a nice car. Not as nice as mine was of course, but still not bad......... :cool:

Neil O
30-08-12, 01:25 PM
Finally got around to taking some pictures of the interior and the new petrol can holder in the boot.
Hopefully they will go on the ad later but for those that are interested....

dingocooke
18-09-12, 09:24 AM
..and is now sold!!!!

Neil O
18-09-12, 10:12 AM
......kinda. ;)

dingocooke
18-09-12, 10:27 AM
......kinda. ;)

...........:-D

KevinW
18-09-12, 12:34 PM
so come on - spare the brasso, and spill the beans....
has Mr Dingo bought another one..... or what?

dingocooke
18-09-12, 01:23 PM
so come on - spare the brasso, and spill the beans....
has Mr Dingo bought another one..... or what?

Close Kev...but no cigar... ;-) it's actually a trade of sorts, best described in Neils words....

'.....This Northern chap phoned me oop and said he was not happy with the size of his "penis extension" and could he do a deal with me.
We have come to an arrangement that involves a "Crendon swap". I tried to swap the wife but Steve wouldn't be fooled by the photoshopped pictures...
I'm delivering my car to him tomorrow and collecting his rather underpowered example.
This deal enables me to get started on the next project and still have a Crendon in my garage, so all is good.
Of course Steve will get more torque than he will really know what to do with and his very own stained trousers.....'

Neil O
18-09-12, 02:03 PM
I think that fairly sums it up don't you Steve? ;)

kdavies3
18-09-12, 02:06 PM
Well done guys, everyone wins :p
So Neil, what are you going to do differently on the new build?

Neil O
18-09-12, 02:51 PM
Just a different theme really Kev.
Off white/cream bodywork. Black wheels, side pipes, roll hoop etc. Black interior. Hard top (may do original "bubble style" or LeMans, not decided yet).
Maybe a couple of narrow stripes across nearside wing.
I have two slightly different ideas based on the above; raw racer or more refined cruiser.
Racer equals no carpet, ally everywhere, possibly roundalls.
Refined cruiser equals carpet, door cards with pockets, radio.

Only joking about the radio. :D

Currently trying to stop myself getting carried away with engine spec.
But you know me......;)

dingocooke
18-09-12, 02:55 PM
I think that fairly sums it up don't you Steve? ;)

nailed it....concept of a wife in trade scared the crap out of me though...:-)

KevinW
18-09-12, 03:59 PM
so did he throw in all that rusty S/O junk he's been storing up as well?.... oh, and, er, those wheels????

Neil O
18-09-12, 04:56 PM
so did he throw in all that rusty S/O junk he's been storing up as well?.... oh, and, er, those wheels????
I don't mess with other guys junk.
;)

v8pete
18-09-12, 07:12 PM
Nice one guys! Does that mean that from now on it's "Neil-two-Crendons" then :)

Hey, hang on, I know of just the correct and proper fitting home for all that nasty, oily, rusty old S/O junk ;)

Pete

KevinW
18-09-12, 07:18 PM
- thought you might spot that!

v8pete
18-09-12, 07:31 PM
Yep, it's the only fair thing to do since I won't now have a chance to get my mits on the one that was coming out ;)

Neil O
18-09-12, 07:42 PM
Never say never Pete ;)

Chimeara
18-09-12, 08:31 PM
Well done guys, everyone wins :p
So Neil, what are you going to do differently on the new build?

Yep a win win situation. Easiest commission I've ever earnt with no comebacks what so ever. At least I can say I helped clean it, supplied the trailer to deliver it and stored the car ready for delivery. Not to mention the loss of earnings through endless hour long phone calls discussing the exchange with Mr Oakley.

Ha ha, siously noc motor though will be sad to see it leave my garage.

dingocooke
18-09-12, 09:19 PM
Yep a win win situation. No commission earnt and with no comebacks what so ever. At least I can say I helped clean it, supplied the trailer to deliver it and stored the car ready for delivery. Not to mention the loss of earnings through endless hour long phone calls discussing the exchange with Mr Oakley.

Ha ha, siously noc motor though will be sad to see it leave my garage.

...fixed it for you!!! ;-)

Purple AK
18-09-12, 09:23 PM
Serial Crendon owner!! 3 down, 51 to go if my maths are correct!

dingocooke
18-09-12, 09:43 PM
Yea Chris JK said much the same!! I think V8 Pete is number 55??? That would put Neil in 56??? Looking forward to finally having the big block experience in my 5th Cobra........not looking forward to the fuel bills quite so much :-) :-D

Chimeara
19-09-12, 06:34 AM
Car has safely departed Absolute Horsepower headquarters and is heading north as I type. Was like watching monkeys use tools for the first time as Neil played with a ratchet strap. He also forgot to grease his ball but after half an hour flapping about they set off safely.

v8pete
19-09-12, 12:41 PM
He also forgot to grease his balls but after half an hour flapping about they set off safely.

...fixed if for you Anthony :) :)

StewbieC
19-09-12, 02:00 PM
Thought I saw this car today heading North on the M5 on the back of a trailer!

Looked great!

KevinW
19-09-12, 05:28 PM
I should like to see some photos of Mr Cock'o'theNorth driving it with one of his Pretties before pronouncing judgement.

dingocooke
19-09-12, 07:57 PM
Well Chris (westborne) and Neil did well about 4 hours to get here, then we farted about for hours swapping wheels, seats etc and a trip to the DVLA office to totally confuse em with a change of ownership and registration swap....but a pair of very nice ladies sorted it for us! Be a minor miracle if it comes back how we want it!! Then a bit of a ride round getting dialled in a little before back to the garage for a couple of mods, a thorough clean and out again.
Just home after 3 hours getting used to the epic motor....love it!!

Neil O
20-09-12, 05:40 AM
Pleased you like it Steve. That right hand pedal is addictive isn't it? ;)
After hearing your story about the little Polish filly, I'm glad we swapped seats. :o

Eventaully made it back home at 9.45pm after dropping the trailer back up to Anthony's and my wingman to his home.

Thanks to Anthony for sorting the trailer and providing the staging depot, and to Chris for riding shotgun and providing copious amounts of strong coffee.

dingocooke
20-09-12, 08:19 AM
Pleased you like it Steve. That right hand pedal is addictive isn't it? ;)
After hearing your story about the little Polish filly, I'm glad we swapped seats. :o

Eventaully made it back home at 9.45pm after dropping the trailer back up to Anthony's and my wingman to his home.

Thanks to Anthony for sorting the trailer and providing the staging depot, and to Chris for riding shotgun and providing copious amounts of strong coffee.

I thought that would amuse you; life really is a box of chocolates ;-).....:-)

Yes the right pedal is quite something, I kept driving it thinking 'bloody hell Neil is gonna feel verydisappointed with a gentle small block!!

Its all badged up and clean as can be now; typical its pissing it down...........

Neil O
20-09-12, 08:25 AM
Your neck muscles should improve in time.
It will be fun for you to watch your passenger's head flicking back and forward with the torque. ;)
Try the the Carroll Shelby trick of sticking a note to the windscreen and tell them they can have it if they can reach it while you're accelerating.
It really does work.

That's about all I have to say about that. ;)

dingocooke
20-09-12, 10:29 AM
Your neck muscles should improve in time.
It will be fun for you to watch your passenger's head flicking back and forward with the torque. ;)
Try the the Carroll Shelby trick of sticking a note to the windscreen and tell them they can have it if they can reach it while you're accelerating.
It really does work.

That's about all I have to say about that. ;)

...neck is fine, motorcycle sport sorted that!! Awesome 4k power hit though!!!! Mostly my passengers head flicks back and forth, it's the wine...

....stupid is as stupid does...;-) :-D

labeline
20-09-12, 11:29 AM
Neil

That was a lovely car and I was extremely jealous but just a query, I thought you said at the beginning of the thread that you didn't have room to keep the Crendon while you were building the new one? Can you explain because us paupers are confused. Thank you very much.;-)

Neil O
20-09-12, 11:36 AM
Money and space.

I have been doing a lot of "thinking outside the box" since Dingo first suggested a swap and there are a number of solutions.

I will defintely be selling the car I now have in due course though. Could be a year or so......

v8pete
20-09-12, 12:24 PM
Any hints Neil as to what's eventually going to end up under the bonnet of the new build? The hard top ideas that you mentioned earlier sound interesting too!

KevinW
20-09-12, 12:28 PM
hard-top also interests me!

Neil O
20-09-12, 01:16 PM
Not sure about the engine yet.If I get engine crazy again it could be another sideoiler.....with throttle bodies.Hard top may be a LeMans one. Maybe not. Still looking and thinking.

legend
12-10-12, 07:32 AM
Neil, I think you are the 1st person to own three Crendon's

Dingo, I think you have joined K R in owning your 2nd Crendon

If I get 6 numbers up on Saturday I will be the only person to own 3 Crendon's at the same time!!!

kdavies3
12-10-12, 07:34 AM
I think Dingo is also on his 3rd are you not?

dingocooke
12-10-12, 07:44 AM
Yea According to JK I am the only person to have owned three Crendons! I think Pete (hairy Santa) has owned two of the early style cars, and Neil is on his second with a third on order!!
My cobra history is Ram with 302W, Hawk Lemans with 351W, Crendon with 351C, Crendon with 351C, Crendon with stroked sideoiler....Ithink it's an illness.....:
:-)

aaronjb
12-10-12, 09:54 AM
You aren't looking to adopt, are you, Steve? ;)

dingocooke
12-10-12, 10:15 AM
You aren't looking to adopt, are you, Steve? ;)

I am mate, but only if you are female, mute, fit comfortably into a size 8 dress and are 'open minded'.........

aaronjb
12-10-12, 10:28 AM
I am mate, but only if you are female, mute, fit comfortably into a size 8 dress and are 'open minded'.........

Damn.. I think I fail on all counts! :lol:

By the sound of it we're going to have to start calling you Woody if you manage it?

dingocooke
12-10-12, 10:44 AM
Damn.. I think I fail on all counts! :lol:

By the sound of it we're going to have to start calling you Woody if you manage it?

I've got it covered all bar the mute bit..bit of a worry when she expressed a desire to drive the blue car, but has since realised she cant push the clutch down...:-) phew.......;-)

Neil O
12-10-12, 11:18 AM
I never let my missus drive the Crendon.

She was under insured. ;)

legend
13-10-12, 08:44 AM
Yea According to JK I am the only person to have owned three Crendons! I think Pete (hairy Santa) has owned two of the early style cars, and Neil is on his second with a third on order!!
My cobra history is Ram with 302W, Hawk Lemans with 351W, Crendon with 351C, Crendon with 351C, Crendon with stroked sideoiler....Ithink it's an illness.....:
:-)

Steve, sorry for the mistake

Strange how people go from other marques to Crendon's, but don't think anyone has sold a Crendon to buy another marque ??

FatBoy
13-10-12, 08:57 AM
Steve, sorry for the mistake

Strange how people go from other marques to Crendon's, but don't think anyone has sold a Crendon to buy another marque ??

Only because they haven't yet driven a Kirkham. ;)

Paul

legend
13-10-12, 09:04 AM
Only because they haven't yet driven a Kirkham. ;)

Paul

U crack me up ROTFLMAO!!!

dave
13-10-12, 10:09 AM

But you reply without any explanation.

Clarkson
13-10-12, 02:05 PM

Whats so funny about that??

legend
13-10-12, 02:29 PM
But you reply without any explanation.

There are many explanations, I will begin with a price difference of £30k +

dave
13-10-12, 02:41 PM
There are many explanations, I will begin with a price difference of £30k +

It is just a number though.
Some people have gone from a Pilgrim to a Crendon by doubling (or more) their budget, so I see nothing untoward with making the next step.

One poor deranged clot has upgraded from a Crendon........To a ...........You won't believe this..........A Triumph Stag!!!! ;)

wilf
13-10-12, 02:43 PM
I saw that.

Just remember - mine is real................:cool:

legend
13-10-12, 02:44 PM
One poor deranged clot has upgraded from a Crendon........To a ...........You won't believe this..........A Triumph Stag!!!! ;)

Got me there hahahaaaa

FatBoy
13-10-12, 03:14 PM

Have you driven a Kirkham?

legend
13-10-12, 04:15 PM

NO obviously!!!

Have you driven a Crendon ?

Each to there own, but if I had the money for a Kirkham I would probably have 2 Crendon's, 1 here & 1 in Australia

wilf
13-10-12, 04:19 PM

I have, for some distance.

Properly set up, there is little in them. In fact, my Crendon was always viewed by Kirkham-owning US friends as better finshed and in some respects, better engineered. The fact that it never squeaked nor rattled, and had no discernable scuttle shake, was always a source of some wonder for them. But of course, it was always a FPSB. :)

Neil O
13-10-12, 05:24 PM
....and it was only a small block Crendon.....;)

Steve
13-10-12, 06:02 PM

Properly set up, there is little in them. In fact, my Crendon was always viewed by Kirkham-owning US friends as better finshed and in some respects, better engineered. The fact that it never squeaked nor rattled, and had no discernable scuttle shake, was always a source of some wonder for them. But of course, it was always a FPSB. :)

but just in the same way a kirkham is a FASB...surely

wilf
13-10-12, 08:17 PM
....and it was only a small block Crendon.....;)

But it was a big small block......

FatBoy
13-10-12, 11:20 PM

Good grief! :roll:

dolphinboy400
14-10-12, 06:31 AM
Good grief! :roll:

you went from a contempary to a crendon, what did you have before the contempary

FatBoy
14-10-12, 07:58 AM
you went from a contempary to a crendon, what did you have before the contempary

The Contemporary was my first Cobra, but there was quite a long gap between them.

dave
14-10-12, 09:00 AM
I could havw sworn you second Cobra was a Kirkham Paul :)

FatBoy
14-10-12, 10:25 AM
I could havw sworn you second Cobra was a Kirkham Paul :)

Sorry, I mis-read Dolphinboy's post. To clarify, I've only had two Cobras, a Contemporary and my current Kirkham. Thanks for pointing that out Dave. ;)

legend
14-10-12, 12:07 PM
Sorry, I mis-read Dolphinboy's post. To clarify, I've only had two Cobras, a Contemporary and my current Kirkham. Thanks for pointing that out Dave. ;)

Hmmm, Only 2 Cob's, I know Dingo has owned 5, I have had 4 has anybody owned more ???

dave
14-10-12, 12:09 PM
Hmmm, Only 2 Cob's, I know Dingo has owned 5, I have had 4 has anybody owned more ???

156 enough?......

.......Ok, not truely owned by me, but I bet Anthony has owned more than 4-5

dave
14-10-12, 12:13 PM
Where the hell has the edit function gone????

FatBoy
14-10-12, 12:21 PM

Your point being?

Maybe I got it right second time, whereas you're still getting it wrong, just a thought. ;)

dolphinboy400
14-10-12, 12:54 PM
lol sorry all this talk of crendon , i did mean kirkham, i guess JK is into mind control now too ;)

legend
14-10-12, 01:55 PM
Your point being?

Maybe I got it right second time, whereas you're still getting it wrong, just a thought. ;)

Who's wrong who's right is just someones opinion, mine is maybe you just spent too much money getting it wrong, but at least we both would get a good resale price if we ever decide to sell unlike some others, surely we can at least agree on that ? haha

legend
14-10-12, 01:56 PM
156 enough?......

You cheat!!!

legend
14-10-12, 01:59 PM
Where the hell has the edit function gone????

Yes where is it grrrrr

FatBoy
14-10-12, 02:04 PM
Who's wrong who's right is just someones opinion, mine is maybe you just spent too much money getting it wrong, but at least we both would get a good resale price if we ever decide to sell unlike some others, surely we can at least agree on that ? haha

Of course it's just opinion. Yes I spent a bit more than most, but I'm very happy with my choice and I can't ever see me replacing it, except maybe for an original or a Ferrari Daytona.
One thing I do know for sure is that my Kirkham is worth comfortably more than I paid for it, which is pretty rare in this market.

Paul

legend
14-10-12, 03:46 PM
Oops I forgot, I might actually be the only Crendon owner in trouble if I did have to sell YELLOW!!! hahahaa

Chimeara
14-10-12, 06:59 PM
156 enough?......

.......Ok, not truely owned by me, but I bet Anthony has owned more than 4-5

Without looking at my build history and sells folder il have a quick guess

Owned and built 3 of my own pilgrims one jag based
Owned and built 1 gen 1 Ak as my own
Owned and built 2 gen 2 Ak as my own
Factory five Daytona owned twice by me. Once when I registered it and then when I bought it from them
Owned a mk3 Gd
A Sbc Dax
A big block Chevy Dax
A Sbc Dax de dion
A rover v8 powered AK
A mk2 sumo v6
And my most recent purchase being a contemporary

Oh and Another AK gen 2 Ls based car at rolling chassis stage.

So that's 14 that I can recall without really checking but I'm sure there were a few more. I call ownership having been registered in my name for more than 8 weeks. So no cheating there

The advice I give here I therefore hope is unbiased, I have driven a wide range of cobras from all budget levels. Each kit could be as good or as bad as the last dependant on how well it it was built, what era it was built and what components were used in each build. Overall I say Dax and Ak meet the best value for money and quality with other Higher marques not offering great amounts of difference other than the more authentic look for the money. Crendon is certainly a nice car as is the contemporary and kirkham but other than looks any other well set up cobra of the mid range marque I feel compares.

Either way the more there are out there the better it is for all of us. It keeps me, Dave and manufacturers working and the club growing stronger. As said in another thread if you have owned a cobra what do you replace it with. I've enjoyed all of mine all for different reasons and consider myself very fortunate to have had access to them all but now be in a position to play with the higher end toys.

It only took 10 years to get here.

.......Ok, not truely owned by me, but I bet Anthony has owned more than 4-5[/QUOTE]

dave
14-10-12, 07:31 PM
Beats me Anthony.
I did a quick tot up myself after my post and I think I have personally owned about 9-10, and that has taken me as near as damn it 20 years.
Though i only really think of one of them as being "My car".

There is another point though Anthony. The Kirkham does not have a chassis that has been re designed to save money under the pretence that it changes driving characteristics.
There are an awful lot more individual parts to an original chassis than there are to any of the other kits, including the backbone chassis cars.
Having said the above I don't know whether this really belongs addressed you you, probably should be addressed to Legend.
In the persuit of replicating authenticity the cost of production rises significantly, CDS round tube fishmouthed joins and hand forming aluminium body shells take considerably more time to produce, and therefore will cost more money.
Knocking a Kirkham because of its cost is a bit of am oxymoron as the same could be said of the Crendon by a Sumo owner, ie. "It does the same job therefor it must be over priced".
If you want to play the "Handling" card first you need to have driven one or an original. I know of only one person who frequents this forum who has done the latter, and probably less that 5 who have driven a Kirkham. But I bet we've all got a mate, who's got a mate, who's got a mate etc.
From what I can gather (again not from sufficient personal experience) is that if you want an original car or a Kirkham to behave on the road at its best you need to get rid of those gorgeous looking Good Year tyres as they like the track but hate the road.

Can't remember what i was replying to now.....Doh! :)

Purple AK
14-10-12, 07:42 PM
Depends who's Kirkham you knock Dave! And how hard they flaunt it! "All Animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" (Orwell)

Chimeara
14-10-12, 07:44 PM
All valid points. Indeed aluminium and the chase for authenticity gets expensive but its still a replica that we can never get away from. To be honest also I think there are only a few people that could actually handle and drive the true monster of the original characteristics. Or indeed have the funds to buy an original 60's car. The point I was trying to make is that really whatever level of cobra you have or budget to build one we are all part of the same group. Having any cobra is better than none at all.

Everyone is accepted and I'd hope no one looks down on someone for having a cheaper kit if its the best they could afford. We would be in a Ferrari or Porsche owners club otherwise.

I too think we are going off topic. May have to re read the first post. Just thought I'd chip in to prevent a this kits better than that kit war which we have seen to many times before. Also I don't feel it's a competition on ownership numbers. I still look to you as an inspiration and hope i get to triple figure builds in my time in the cobra world. Could take a bit longer in this climate though.

v8pete
14-10-12, 08:26 PM
I've only owned one car before the current build, but a chap who lived in the same road used to own COB6039 - surely that should leapfrog me way ahead of anyone else in the bragging rights !! :cool: ;) ;)

legend
14-10-12, 08:44 PM
I for 1 don't look down on Pilgrim's as I have seen Sidecarbod's & Noel's to name two that are awesome cars

Crendon's do tend to hold a higher resale value which I am obviously quite happy about although never intending to sell, I spent what for me was a lot of money on my car & would not have done so, as much as I personally value the product JK produces if I thought it would depreciate like some replicas & almost all production cars

I feel the best value of the 4 main Jag based cars are AK as the kit is the cheapest & you don't have to paint

If you can afford & get to buy a Kirkham at the right price like Fatboy good luck to you, but if I was fortunate enough to have £80-100k to spend on a replica I would be worried my investment would only go 1 way

I also know of someone who spent £55k on a Dax, I think there is only 1 way thats going to go

Just my humble, Tony

KevinW
14-10-12, 10:53 PM
I saw that.

Just remember - mine is real................:cool:

.... I saw what you did there..... time to upgrade your tagline to 'REAL1' n'est pas? :-) ;)

KevinW
14-10-12, 11:00 PM
All valid points.

Just thought I'd chip in to prevent a this kits better than that kit war which we have seen to many times before.

As its sunday, (well just gone) I'll say Amen to that!

wilf
15-10-12, 06:53 AM
.... I saw what you did there..... time to upgrade your tagline to 'REAL1' n'est pas? :-) ;)

Don't think I could ever fill those shoes................or want to.

Neil O
15-10-12, 09:49 AM
Just as a point of interest.....the car advertised is sold. ;)

Carry on waving your genitals now. :rolleyes:

dingocooke
15-10-12, 10:22 AM
Just as a point of interest.....the car advertised is sold. ;)

Carry on waving your genitals now. :rolleyes:

:-D funny...that had to be said!!!! I would guess youll have sold the substitute car before this thread dies!!!!

Neil O
15-10-12, 05:03 PM
:-D funny...that had to be said!!!! I would guess youll have sold the substitute car before this thread dies!!!!

I'll have sold it and built the new one by then. ;)

tonym
15-10-12, 05:08 PM
I'll have sold it and Anthony would have built the new one by then. ;)

Fixed it for you Neil. No need to thank me :-)

Chimeara
15-10-12, 05:21 PM
Fixed it for you Neil. No need to thank me :-)

Yes get in quick Neil. Orders are filling up and my annual price rise will happen in January so book me now for a better rate.

Purple AK
15-10-12, 05:39 PM
Oakley's Bitch? I never thought you'd stoop that low Ant! :-(

KevinW
16-10-12, 11:05 AM
sounds like a 'happy ending' for all..............

dave
16-10-12, 11:53 AM
sounds like a 'happy ending' for all..............

.........For the time being at least.......;)

Neil O
16-10-12, 04:55 PM
Oakley's Bitch? I never thought you'd stoop that low Ant! :-(

Bitch is all he does.

Maybe it's due to the fact that I never pay him anything. :wink:

Chimeara
16-10-12, 06:12 PM
Bitch is all he does.

Maybe it's due to the fact that I never pay him anything. :wink:

So now we have it straight from the horses mouth.

dave.n
16-10-12, 09:57 PM
Just a different theme really Kev.
Off white/cream bodywork. Black wheels, side pipes, roll hoop etc. Black interior. Hard top (may do original "bubble style" or LeMans, not decided yet).
Maybe a couple of narrow stripes across nearside wing.
I have two slightly different ideas based on the above; raw racer or more refined cruiser.
Racer equals no carpet, ally everywhere, possibly roundalls.
Refined cruiser equals carpet, door cards with pockets, radio.

Only joking about the radio. :D

Currently trying to stop myself getting carried away with engine spec.
But you know me......;)

LOL ...... So now after 12 years of 'aving a go at my hairdressers puff mobile you are going fu*king white. Bloody hypocrite.

There are becoming more white/cream cobra replicas than blue with stripes. and I got a bubble top.

dingocooke
16-10-12, 10:59 PM
LOL ...... So now after 12 years of 'aving a go at my hairdressers puff mobile you are going fu*king white. Bloody hypocrite.

There are becoming more white/cream cobra replicas than blue with stripes. and I got a bubble top.

...I think you're all moon lighting doing bloody weddings Dave!!!! :-)

Neil O
17-10-12, 05:45 AM

"Hypocrite".
For once Dave, you are correct. :)

wilf
17-10-12, 07:26 AM
Dave - he's just being true to his Essex roots.

Neil O
17-10-12, 05:54 PM
Dave - he's just being true to his Essex roots.

Kent.

Buttfucr. ;)

tonym
17-10-12, 08:47 PM
Kent.

Is that where you're from or just describing Wilt in a Kentish accent..............or both?? :-)

Purple AK
17-10-12, 08:51 PM
Is that where you're from or just describing Wilt in a Kentish accent..............or both?? :-)Think that might be the west country rubbing off on him.

wilf
18-10-12, 07:05 AM
Close enough.

FatBoy
18-10-12, 12:13 PM

This well known 427 S/C looks good:

1965 Shelby 427 Competition Cobra (http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCars.cfm?SaleCode=lf09&CarID=r161)

dingocooke
18-10-12, 12:56 PM
This well known 427 S/C looks good:

1965 Shelby 427 Competition Cobra (http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCars.cfm?SaleCode=lf09&CarID=r161)

Thats a fabulous story of a car from new to now, and quite amusing how many times its gone from left hooker to right hooker!!
Be nice to see a pic of it in its original light blue gold stripe too. Now as much as I love it in old english white, the black bonnet detail that the chequered flag team ran it in doesnt look nice to me, but hey one mans meat!!
Some very lucky person is going to enjoy owning that fabulous bit of history!!

dave
18-10-12, 01:10 PM
It didn't sell Steve.

dingocooke
18-10-12, 01:12 PM
It didn't sell Steve.

I ran out of edit time before I realised (too busy ogling the pics) that the auction was 2009...I wonder what became of it...the new owner should loan it me to keep the dust from settling :-)

FatBoy
18-10-12, 07:27 PM
It was featured in Octane magazine a couple of months ago and I think I recall that it is up at auction again soon, or maybe just gone. I'll have a look around and see if I can find it. I suspect it will fetch rather more than £800k this time around.

FatBoy
18-10-12, 07:39 PM
I've just checked and it was the September issue with some lovely pictures. It makes no mention of a recent or pending sale so I don't know where I to that from.
I really like the off white paint.