PDA

View Full Version : Dax side pipes

TED the DAX
29-08-12, 08:45 PM
Hi Guys,
My side pipes are rusty and don't look the part anymore. Before I look to spend out on new, wondered if anyone had some for sale.

Cheers,
mark

kdavies3
29-08-12, 09:05 PM
Check out Daves thread on stainless side pipes currently a live thread.
A price not to be missed I think.

dave
29-08-12, 11:44 PM
Thanks Kev.
Hi Ted, the thread is here:-
http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/general-cobra-discussion/46825-oem-spec-sidepipes-stainless-steel.html

TED the DAX
30-08-12, 08:06 PM
Dave / Kev,
Thanks. They look really good. Would like some advice on the size of the task to make them fit though.
My elderly Dax has an unconventional exhaust layout with a balance pipe going across the sump. It goes and sounds great so I don't really want to change this set up. My concern is really about improving the cosmetics whilst retaining the sound.
I've attached some images. At present the offside pipe runs very close to the brake servo. Do you think I can get the four headers into one in that space?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,23995239962399723998

dave
30-08-12, 08:38 PM
Hi Ted.
Someone on here already has some regular Dax pipes that have been modified in a very similar way to what you need.
Pistol P is the man to contact.

It is also possible to convert what I'm offering to what you need by cutting the quad pipes off at 6.5" (vs the 8" measurement on your sketch), welding on a cone and then welding a 2" short pipe to that. I would recommend welding a "Pyramid" between the quad pipes to help with flow.

prototype71
24-09-12, 08:47 PM
Hi Ted
I have a pair of (single tube) sidepipes, that are very good condition, for sale that recently came off my Dax.
I replaced them with a new set of 4to1 external collector sidepipes (which included the making of a set of bespoke headers)

The orginal sidepipes have a smaller pipe diameter where it enters the car body, than your current set (looking at your photo album), however the body heat shield that comes wth mine might cover the excess hole space ??

The downside is I live in The Netherlands, but I do travel (by plane) to Staines-upon-Thames almost every week for work.
Given the weight of the sidepipes, I wouldn't look forward to bringing them over as hand luggage though ...haha

Aaron

Pictures attached