PDA

View Full Version : Weston Super Mare

Dixie
17-09-12, 10:11 PM
Anyone fancy meeting up at Weston on Sunday 30th September.

Hairysanta in his Daytona and Tony Searle and I will be there.

Mark

Chrisy A
17-09-12, 10:57 PM
What's the occasion?
(apart from coincidently being my birthday!)

cobrap
17-09-12, 11:21 PM
What's the occasion?
(apart from coincidently being my birthday!)
Do you buy drinks on your birthday? If so I suspect the Cobra crew will be only to happy to mark this occasion in your honour ;)

Dixie
18-09-12, 06:10 AM
No special occasion, just thought it would be nice to get a few Cobs lined up on the front and have a coffee and fry up!! Now we know it's your birthday, there's no excuse!!!!

Hagster
18-09-12, 08:06 PM
well i wouuld since I live there, but unfortunatley or not as the case may be, ill be in the good old USA. :)
have a good day.

Chrisy A
18-09-12, 09:59 PM
Hahaha,it all depends how messy the night before gets!!
What sort of time are we talking?

Dixie
18-09-12, 10:09 PM
I don't do "Silly o'clock", but was thinking 11am ish. Time for a couple of hours then home to do family stuff.

Mark

Chrisy A
20-09-12, 12:53 PM
If the dreaded birthday hangover is kind, I will be there.

Dixie
21-09-12, 09:20 PM
May be a change of plan now.

I had an problem with the passenger seat, so have taken it out so that my local trimmer can mend it.

So I may be passenger set less!!!

Will make a call later next week when we know what the weather is going to be like.

M

Dixie
29-09-12, 08:37 PM
Weather looks good.

Meeting at helicopter museum at 10.30 am if anyone interested.

Mark

Dixie
30-09-12, 09:24 PM
Good to see you today Paul.

Same it was only a short meet, but it was nice to get out.

Mark

Paul B
01-10-12, 04:38 PM
Hey Mark

Yes it was good to catch up and if you read your last but one post, it says meet at the Helicopter Museum not in the layby further up the road.

Thank god for that, was worried that Tony and I were going senile :)

Cheers

Paul

Dixie
01-10-12, 09:38 PM
Ok you win.

M

Chrisy A
01-10-12, 11:44 PM
Sorry I missed it,wasn't feeling too sharp Sunday morning.
next time tho.
hopefully queens square will be dry later this month.

cobrap
03-10-12, 09:23 PM
Sorry I missed it,wasn't feeling too sharp Sunday morning.
next time tho.
hopefully queens square will be dry later this month.

What date is that please?

Dixie
03-10-12, 10:12 PM
What date is that please?
Robin

2nd Sunday of every month. Starts at 9am, normally over by 11am.

Mark

Chrisy A
03-10-12, 11:02 PM
Provided the weather is good it is usually a really great turn out.

Mark,do you fancy meeting up prior to queens square some where on route?
i meant to catch up with the cobra owners lat month ,but once you start wondering around its hard to catch up Witt the owners of the parked cars.

id like to pick your brains about your rad fans!

Chrisy A
03-10-12, 11:08 PM
Robin, take a look at Flickr avenue drivers club.
youl see the wide diversity of cars there.

Dixie
04-10-12, 11:02 PM
Provided the weather is good it is usually a really great turn out.

Mark,do you fancy meeting up prior to queens square some where on route?
i meant to catch up with the cobra owners lat month ,but once you start wondering around its hard to catch up Witt the owners of the parked cars.

id like to pick your brains about your rad fans!

Hi Chris.

We could meet up, I can always come via Keynsham and meet you at the Macdonalds on the Ring Road.

No probs with fans.

Mark

cobrap
05-10-12, 09:33 PM
Hi Chris.

We could meet up, I can always come via Keynsham and meet you at the Macdonalds on the Ring Road.

Mark

Mark,
Do you mean the one at Brislington?

The weather's looking promising and I'm free and I fancy a trip out.

If so, what time - and I presume you'll be getting breakfast in Bristol?

Dixie
05-10-12, 09:45 PM
Hi Robin.

Yes breakfast in Bristol, down by the docks, just outside the square.

We could meet at the Brislington one, but was thinking more like the one at Longwell Green where the Bowling and Cinema is, not far from ASDA. It wouldnt be far out of your way from Braford on Avon, you could come up to Warmley and then onto the ring road.

We could meet at 8.30am (ish) and then onto the Square.

Mark

Chrisy A
05-10-12, 10:26 PM
That sounds good to me,either the McDs at Brislington,or the one at Longwell Green,some one pick one!!

Does any one else fancy meeting up with us before Queens Square on the 14th Oct??

Would be great to put some names to faces!!!

cobrap
06-10-12, 12:18 AM
Mmmm... Me seems to remember there are speed ramps at Longwell!?!

TBH it would be easier for me to come through Bath then straight into Brislington, via Keynsham bypass from Saltford.
If you're content then how about 08:30 ish @ McDonalds in Brislington.
BTW Mark, is Tony S coming out to play?

Chrisy A
06-10-12, 09:12 AM
Sounds good to me,weather permitting of course.

Dixie
06-10-12, 09:22 AM
Sounds good me.
Tony normally comes, I will speak to him and find out. Santa will be there in his FF5 Daytona Coupe.

See you at 8.30.

cobrap
06-10-12, 11:03 AM
Sounds good me.
Tony normally comes, I will speak to him and find out. Santa will be there in his FF5 Daytona Coupe.

See you at 8.30.

FF! Nice! Last time I saw it was @ 'Combe.

Also if Tony is coming, please could you ask him if he could bring the sidescreens with him.

Thanks.

Chrisy A
06-10-12, 11:59 PM
Great so so far we have attending -

Chris
mark
Robin
Pete

please feel free to add to the list !!!

cobrap
07-10-12, 10:53 AM
...Had a great run out to Bristol this morning...Bit quiet though...except for the other guy in his Morgan who turned up.

I'll leave it there!

corn plaster
07-10-12, 11:46 AM
Robin. You missed the bit about the 2nd Sunday.

Andy

Paul B
07-10-12, 12:35 PM
Hey Robin

You weren't the only one !!!

Turned up around 9:30 then realised :)

Paul

cobrap
07-10-12, 09:57 PM
Hey Robin

You weren't the only one !!!

Turned up around 9:30 then realised :)

Paul

B*gger!!! I stuck around for a few minutes and took some pics whilst it was quiet. I must have missed you by about 5 minutes :(
Never mind - Mark's promised that next weekend will be a dry'un, so I'm hoping that I'll see you all then.

Actually the worst thing about this morning was as I passed the Rugby Club near Saltford at about 8:15. With the windows 'open' I got the distinct smell of bacon being cooked and thought to myself "I'm really looking forward to (Mark buying me) breakfast in a bit".

...I finally sat down to Egg Benedictine at about 12:00. Yeah I know, what a tart...8-)

malcolm c
08-10-12, 06:36 PM
See you at Queens square
One thing to be careful of is that the council now charge for parking on Sundays
I was at the Brunels Buttery yesterday ,and was harassed by a traffic warden,moved tha car four times,before I left
Malcolm

QUOTE=Chrisy A;446589]Great so so far we have attending -

Chris
mark
Robin
Pete
Malcolm C

please feel free to add to the list !!![/QUOTE]

tsearle
08-10-12, 08:40 PM
Hi, I will be there on Sunday, will bring change for the meter as never have any with me.

Chrisy A
08-10-12, 10:08 PM
Chris
mark
robin
pete
Malcolm C
Tony

good good,Brislington Mc D's at 8.30 if you are early risers,if not we shall see you on the square.

who is bringing the sunshine???

If not,I believe Malcolm can give us all tips on how to dry a Cobra interior!

Dixie
12-10-12, 02:37 PM
Here are some photos from the last meet in Queens Sq.

Flickr: The THE AVENUE DRIVERS CLUB 2012 Pool (http://www.flickr.com/groups/theavenuedriversclub2012/pool/)

M

cobrap
12-10-12, 05:38 PM
Here are some photos from the last meet in Queens Sq.

Flickr: The THE AVENUE DRIVERS CLUB 2012 Pool (http://www.flickr.com/groups/theavenuedriversclub2012/pool/)

M

No mate: Here are some photos from the last meet...

Chrisy A
12-10-12, 06:51 PM
Beautiful stuff.
I hope it's dry, it will be the last ADC for me before I take mine off the road for winter.
looking forward too putting some names to faces.

It's the girlfriends birthday on Sunday and she's not too keen on me dragging her out of bed early on a Sunday!

Are we all still on for Maccy D's at half 8?

Dixie
12-10-12, 09:53 PM
Hi Chris.

Why do you take your Cob off the road?

I find that the cold dry frosty mornings make for some great drive outs.

M

Dixie
12-10-12, 09:56 PM
Between 8.30 and 8.45.

Got to be a bit careful driving the Cob out of my estate. It has a habit of setting alarms off.

I wont Mr. Popular at 7.50am Sunday morning.

M

cobrap
12-10-12, 11:45 PM
Between 8.30 and 8.45.

Got to be a bit careful driving the Cob out of my estate. It has a habit of setting alarms off.

I wont Mr. Popular at 7.50am Sunday morning.

M

Get the wife to push it to the end of the road for you then start it there. Simples!
...Oh and make sure she makes you a brew beforehand ;)

cobrap
14-10-12, 08:51 PM
What a splendid day we all had today down at Queen's Square in Bristol. Reports were that it was a reasonable turn out for the time of year; however it has got to be one of the biggest turnouts so far in Bristol for Cobras, with six of us present, including 4 Dax, a Sumo and Factory Five. Fantastic...and as far as we're aware. we all escaped tickets from Bristol Council for 'illegal' parking!!!

cobrap
14-10-12, 08:59 PM
Here are a couple of pics off my 'phone...

cobrap
14-10-12, 09:02 PM
What a splendid day we all had today down at Queen's Square in Bristol. Reports were that it was a reasonable turn out for the time of year; however it has got to be one of the biggest turnouts so far in Bristol for Cobras, with six of us present, including 4 Dax, a Sumo and Factory Five. Fantastic...and as far as we're aware. we all escaped tickets from Bristol Council for 'illegal' parking!!!

Ooops...seven Cobras...I forgot Malcolm in his AK :oops: - Sorry mate!!

Chrisy A
14-10-12, 09:08 PM
Great to meet every one.A good turn out indeed.

Does any one fancy the breakfast meet at the AV8 cafe at Kemble ? I believe it is on the last Sunday of the month.

Temple Meads tunnel gets the thumbs up then chaps!

cobrap
14-10-12, 09:22 PM
Temple Meads 'tunnel'. Wish I'd had a camera to share Tony's face in my mirror: akin to a four year old who's just been served double servings of jelly and ice cream :O)

Breakfast @ Kemble is not a bad shout. The local group apparently used to meet there every month. I'm willing to give it a go as I've never been.
Guessing it would make sense to meet in layby off M4 @ J17 and travel up in convoy? Chris: Could you post the details in a new thread so as it doesn't all get lost in 'Weston Super Mare'. Cheers.

Meanwhile there is also a meeting being arranged for Westonbirt, next weekend. I'll post some details in a separate thread.

Dixie
15-10-12, 04:14 PM
Some photos from the ADC event orgniser.

He adds photos as and when he gets them.

malcolm c
16-10-12, 05:43 PM
Robin
Apology excepted,was just reading your post,and thinking what about me,when I scrolled down and saw your next post
Malcolm

Ooops...seven Cobras...I forgot Malcolm in his AK :oops: - Sorry mate!!