PDA

View Full Version : Speedboat: 1 Me: nil.

bitsilly
23-09-12, 09:30 PM
I will be out of action for a while, I went out in a friends speedboat as a passenger, and a few freak waves later, I ended up with a broken back, two broken kneecaps, and a smashed clutch side leg.
Bother.
On a more positive note I got a ride on a helicopter because of it!
Cool.
Take care all.

Purple AK
23-09-12, 09:47 PM
I will be out of action for a while, I went out in a friends speedboat as a passenger, and a few freak waves later, I ended up with a broken back, two broken kneecaps, and a smashed clutch side leg.
Bother.
Cool.
Take care all.
Some people will do anything for a helicopter ride!!! ;-) Hope you recover soon buddy.

TINKA
24-09-12, 12:19 AM
Flipping heck :shock: hope you recover soon with no long lasting legacy’s

dolphinboy400
24-09-12, 08:04 AM
geez Ed you dont do things lightly do you !If you need me to come and excersise the car just gimme a ring ;)

dingocooke
24-09-12, 08:31 AM
Bother.
Cool.
Take care all.

You poor bugger Ed, hope your recovery is swift and you have not broken your femur :-(

dom
24-09-12, 08:49 AM
Bother.
Cool.
Take care all.

That's bad news, I shattered my ankle last year and that was bad enough... It's depressing how quickly you get out of shape when you're laid up and your feet can be a particular issue if you are off them for a while, so get with a hospital physio a soon as you can and be prepared for some hard work to come out with a good result. Good luck with it !

bitsilly
24-09-12, 08:49 AM
Cheers Gents,
left fumur broken in two places Steve, a mate once had a single crack in his, so what can you do.
At home now and having a little difficulty with the wheelchair. Because it is such a long wheelbase (to cope with two leg rests) it is a bugger to pull wheelies.

andicole0
24-09-12, 08:59 AM
Ouch! that must have hurt. Surprised you're actually sitting up, I spent ages flat out when I broke my back. Take it easy Ed and enjoy what you can of the immobility :( Matthew Wright is much better than Jeremy Kyle LoL :D

Andi.

dingocooke
24-09-12, 09:45 AM
Cheers Gents,
left fumur broken in two places Steve, a mate once had a single crack in his, so what can you do.
At home now and having a little difficulty with the wheelchair. Because it is such a long wheelbase (to cope with two leg rests) it is a bugger to pull wheelies.

Hi Ed,
So sorry to hear its your femur; I broke the knee joint off my left one and shattered my right one in 6 places; but thanks to great AO plating and a clever surgeon its as good as new; bear with it, and as soon as you can possibly start excercising, concentrate on your quads as theyre the key to being able to walk (knee control)
Keep smiling young man, it sounds like you have the right attitude!!
Best regards for a speedy recovery
Steve

Happy Jim
24-09-12, 12:38 PM
Sheesh, you'll do anything for Morphine :-)

Blimey - good luck with the recovery though!

snakebite
24-09-12, 12:45 PM
'kin hell.........hope you have a speedy and full recovery.

wilf
24-09-12, 08:41 PM
Bloody hell Ed, that sound seriously scary, and painful.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

JonnyT
25-09-12, 08:54 AM
I know its a bit late now, but you can buy packages if you just wanted a ride in a helicopter mate...

Seriously, that sounds painful and dreadful though so best of luck for a speedy recovery.

bitsilly
25-09-12, 10:05 AM
Thanks for all the support guys, I think I am over the most uncomfortable bit now, I can sleep at night and get around quite well in the wheelchair although you would not believe the stuff you take for granted when your legs work (eg going to the loo and using a car!!).
In retrospect I should have got a helicopter package flight, as the air ambulance bloke wouldn't even let me look out the window.

kdavies3
26-09-12, 12:01 PM
Blimey Ed, you don't do things by half do you? :o
As everyone else said get well soon buddy and don't be afraid to give me a shout if i can help you out with anything.

bitsilly
27-09-12, 10:40 AM
Cheers Kev.

If you're ever over this way give me a shout.

FatBoy
27-09-12, 10:59 AM
I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortune Ed and I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.
I've often thought that I might like a speed boat, but hearing your story is making me think twice. Are you able or willing to give us more details about what happened?

Get well soon.

Paul

Johnboy
27-09-12, 10:40 PM
Ed Can I have your cob to drive while your out of action?

bitsilly
28-09-12, 05:34 PM
It'll be on hand controls by tuesday!

dgosumo
28-09-12, 05:53 PM
Just seen this - amazing!

Assuming you're recovering enough to be working on a V8 powered wheelchair? Good luck with the recovery

bitsilly
01-10-12, 09:54 AM
It still needs a polish.

bitsilly
05-10-12, 08:31 PM
Well I thought it was quite a good effort in the time allowed!
How about if I paint it blue with some white stripes!

bitsilly
17-06-14, 07:19 PM
Just thought I would use this old thread to say hi to everyone.

I had a slower recovery than I had hoped for and needed some follow up ops, but got up and down Snowdon 7 weeks ago so the legs are now performing to a Cobra clutch pressing standard.

But the excuse continues... Ten days after getting up Snowdon I had to go back to hospital to have a new aortic valve fitted! For F's sake, I'm 47!
As a result I can't drive for 2 more weeks from now!!!
And I now tick like a ticking thing in tick land on a ticky day! So I can't play poker now as when I get a good hand they hear it!

So, anyway, sorry for being quiet for so long, Hi all my old friends and welcome everyone else, I still have a lot to pay back to everyone on this invaluable forum!
But a lot of the grumps I liked sparring with seem to be missing?? Where is Wilf et al?
xx
Ed
the semi-bionic man without the hair.

kdavies3
17-06-14, 07:38 PM
Hi Ed, welcome back Buddy.
I'm in Italy as I type "Turin" with work heading back tomorrow.
Wilf has gone Gay sold his Crendon and bought a yellow Stag.
I know! who knew? :p
A couple of the folks on here have been trying to pick your brains on EPAS and Ram Cobras.
Hopefully the posts will be esy enough to find.
Glad you're on the mend but calm down mate I can hear ticking from here.
See you soon.

Johnboy
21-06-14, 12:33 PM
Ed, nice to know your up and about again, I'm now in the midlands but hope to catch up at one of the shows this year.
ps. Sell the boat!!!
John.