PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood Revival 2013: Watch out for sharks at the Goodwood Ticket Office

KevinW
08-01-13, 11:15 AM
My parents decided to get me tickets for the 2013 Revival - great idea!
My brother did this once before in 2007 - no issues, phoned up tickets sent before Christmas, and a great day had the following Sept.

This year, my Mum phones up well before Christmas, and the Ticket Office says we cant dispatch before Christmas unless you pay £12 for the Christmas presentation pack. My Mum says she just wants the tickets, so they refuse to dispatch until after Christmas.

I'm not too worried about getting tickets in my hand on the 25ht, but that's a damned shoddy attitude.

1/10 for service at the Goodwood Ticket Office.

kdavies3
08-01-13, 11:37 AM
I ordered my weekend tickets before Xmas too.
It cost a fiver to have them for Xmas in a presentation box (I ordered online though).
I also got my parking ticket the the Goodwood car show area. ;)
I just need to get the car on the road now.
B&B also already booked.

Paul B
08-01-13, 12:32 PM
Hi Kev

Fran and I will also be going but hadn't planned to take the Cob. What is the benefit of getting parking in the Car Show area ? Can you get in and out easily ?

Had thought of merely taking the tintop as I didn't want to face long queues sat in the Cob, getting in and out over the 3 days as we did at the Silverstone Classic a couple of years ago !!

What's your experience ?

Fran was able to book a caravan at a local holiday park for a very reasonable rate.

Cheers

Paul

P.S. Get your finger out and get the Contemporary on the road :)

tonym
08-01-13, 12:56 PM
Talking of sharks, travelodge in Chichester central for the Friday and Saturday night the week before the Revival = £49.00 for 1 room and two people. The following week i.e. the Revival weekend the price changes to £392.00 for the same room!!!!!!!!!

kdavies3
08-01-13, 01:01 PM
Hi Paul,
Last year was our first at Goodwood and went in my Boxster so we were parking in Lavant car park which was about the furthest one away from the action.
The classic car park is right in there where you want to be. ;) Pre 73 reg though. (I need to sort that part).
We had heard about horrendous queues in previous years but we never found it an issue to be honest.
Lavant car park is a good walk away if it's raining or dusty.
There are shuttles but they're always full out there.

Bigblock
08-01-13, 07:21 PM
As a seasoned Revival-er I can only recommend getting there early, we aim to get to the GRRC car park which is next to the main one about 8am ish, yes I know its early but it’s a lot of money for a weekend ticket and I want my monies worth, however it means you can sit and watch the cars arrive, people watch, watch the early Spitfire fly by have a cup of tea and not rush about like a tw@t.

For newbies I would recommend taking a picnic, there are loads of people who do this, don’t bother trying to find a space inside to sit and eat but if you get there early enough and park fairly close take a gently stroll out to the car, put the blanket down on the grass and enjoy a relaxing luncheon.

We have done this and it is so much cheaper and relaxing that fighting and queuing for expensive food.

Also there is a new section called “Over The Road” it think it was anyway, at the end forget the rush and go and listen to the bands and have a beer or sherry, its open till 10pm and it’s a great way to chill out and not queue with the lemmings trying to get out.

Oh and Kev, try and smarten yourself up this year, ripped t shirt to look like a rocker, indeed.

RCCob
08-01-13, 07:32 PM
I ordered my weekend tickets before Xmas too.
It cost a fiver to have them for Xmas in a presentation box (I ordered online though).
I also got my parking ticket the the Goodwood car show area. ;)
I just need to get the car on the road now.
B&B also already booked.

Hi kev, happy new year how's things?? where are you staying and if you don't mind how much are you paying for b&b?

Russ

kdavies3
08-01-13, 07:34 PM
BigBlock,
I assume that's aimed at Kev W?
I was picture of sartorial elegance I'll have you know. :p

kdavies3
08-01-13, 07:38 PM
Hi kev, happy new year how's things?? where are you staying and if you don't mind how much are you paying for b&b?

Russ

I think ours is £80 per night but it's full I believe.
Last year we paid £120 per night :eek:
If that's your plan get a move on as they're already very scarce.
Most do a minimum of 4 nights too.

BobMin
08-01-13, 07:53 PM
Blimey, might have to clear out our guest room!!

Bigblock
08-01-13, 08:02 PM
BigBlock,
I assume that's aimed at Kev W?
I was picture of sartorial elegance I'll have you know. :p

Indeed it was, old biker Kev W.
By the way one year we stayed in Bognor I think, I know it is only about 8 miles out but a lot cheaper, loads of seaside guest houses looking for the end of summer customer, you can get a good rate and if lucky get off road or drive parking

KevinW
08-01-13, 08:07 PM
- did you seem my enforced strip tease to gain entry to the pits? :-P

Bigblock
08-01-13, 08:21 PM
- did you seem my enforced strip tease to gain entry to the pits? :-P

Call me Mr Unlucky but I missed it, you old tease you.

Chrisy A
08-01-13, 08:51 PM
Im looking to camp, anyone else?

nealgs
08-01-13, 09:06 PM
we camped onsite at Goodwoods campsite in 2009 (not cheap if only a couple of you, but we had 8 of us) so the £150 cost wasn't to bad. Facilities onsite were excellent - bloomin awesome weekends event it was too.

Waking up to a dawn chorus of Spitfires and ME109s practicing - just brilliant

Don't forget your costumes too

Gary

Murray
08-01-13, 09:09 PM
I'm not saying anything!!

kdavies3
08-01-13, 09:19 PM
I'm not saying anything!!
Why Not? :D

KevinW
09-01-13, 09:39 AM

Oooh, wanna join me for a double act next year, duckie? :-P

Purple AK
09-01-13, 05:30 PM
Oooh, wanna join me for a double act next year, duckie? :-P
Not enough "ose" Kev

KevinW
09-01-13, 05:39 PM

For Chris: ;)

oooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO000000 000000000000oooooooooooooooo
.... sounds like nice clean boy :-P

Chrisy A
09-01-13, 11:39 PM
Well i guess I deserved that one, but thank you Gary for a respectable answer.
I would agree on all parts having taken part in 2012,awesome event.
apparently the campsite usually gets booked up just after Xmas,so gonna have to get my skates on and book a plot.

The rest of you......I thought I was the youngest/most immature on here!!!!

Chrisy A
09-01-13, 11:40 PM
I jest by the way!