PDA

View Full Version : Stoneleigh Kit Car show.

Dixie
26-01-13, 08:13 PM
Any of you guys want to do Stoneleighthis May?

Tony Searle and I are going.

Would be nice for a few of us to meet up and maybe meet up with others on the way.

Mark

Chrisy A
26-01-13, 08:56 PM
I would love to join you gents.
What i
I are the dates? I will only be able to make the Sunday if possible?

Chrisy A
26-01-13, 08:57 PM
Excuse my iPads auto correct .... It clearly knows better!

Purple AK
26-01-13, 09:00 PM
Sunday and Monday 5th-6th May Chris

cobracol
26-01-13, 09:16 PM
Hi Dixie, yes ill be making the yearly pilgrimage, maybe get the convoy together again, hopefully with everyonr going in the same direction! Lol

nealgs
26-01-13, 09:32 PM
yep, just been speaking to my m8 about this years Stoneleigh. We're up for it :D

Col - were you staying this year? We'll be staying at the Peacock again hopefully. See if we can get a convoy again this year. Last years was brilliant - lol

Gary

cobrap
26-01-13, 09:44 PM
Blimey Dixie. You've got some serious interest from the Shepton Mallet end already mate!

I am intending attending and I'll gauge interest from the local group when we meet on 24 Feb at our place.
Are you intending staying over and if so would it be worth trying to sort some suitable accommodation for all of us?

cobracol
27-01-13, 01:06 AM
yep, just been speaking to my m8 about this years Stoneleigh. We're up for it :D

Col - were you staying this year? We'll be staying at the Peacock again hopefully. See if we can get a convoy again this year. Last years was brilliant - lol

Gary

Hi Mate, yes it was great, probably stay at the castle laurels again, hopefully make same arrangements as last year, ie the Green Man pub, if everyone is ok with that, and possibly make a vid again if i can gather enough material together

The Great Redmondo
27-01-13, 09:17 AM
My better half has us booked into something else that weekend but we may be returning Sun and so I could do a Mon trip.

Dixie
27-01-13, 01:01 PM
Hi Robin.

Was hoping to go up on the Saturday, stay over ready for Sunday. I drove to the show a few yrs ago and spent most of Sunday morning sat in traffic!!
If you have some nice cheap accomodation that would be great, otherwise I'll camp. Would rather stay with a group of guys and have a laugh, so pretty much up for anything.

M

cobrap
27-01-13, 01:18 PM
...I'll camp. Would rather stay with a group of guys and have a laugh, so pretty much up for anything...

Be careful what you wish for mate ;)

seph
27-01-13, 01:24 PM
Hi Robin.

Was hoping to go up on the Saturday, stay over ready for Sunday. I drove to the show a few yrs ago and spent most of Sunday morning sat in traffic!!
If you have some nice cheap accomodation that would be great, otherwise I'll camp. Would rather stay with a group of guys and have a laugh, so pretty much up for anything.

M

Have a look at the Travelodge in Coventry/Binley, rooms from £20. Car park is at the rear off the building, most rooms look out at it. Pub serves decent food, can recommend the carvery. It is 10mins from Stoneleigh

Paul

Dixie
27-01-13, 02:21 PM
Not really into camping, would rather go B&B as long as it's close.

However, if all else fails, camping it is. My theory is that with enough Brandy on board I wont feel the cold.

M

Clarkson
27-01-13, 04:35 PM
Not really into camping, would rather go B&B as long as it's close.

However, if all else fails, camping it is. My theory is that with enough Brandy on board I wont feel the cold.

M

Sleeping bag in the club tent is all it's required. Lol

Dixie
31-03-13, 07:36 PM
So then, are any of you local guys going to join me and Tony Searle going to Stoneleigh? Going up Sat late afternoon and camping. Going home late Sunday afternoon.

M

MattS6
31-03-13, 08:06 PM
I'll be going - only 10miles up the road from me.

david hemmings
31-03-13, 10:39 PM
Going sat afternoon but taking caravan again this year as car isnt done yet, so anyone fancies a coffee or anything is more than welcome :)

Turbycat
31-03-13, 10:47 PM
I shall be going up on the Sunday to visit my rolling chassis on the AK stand. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys from here. I'll certainly be having a good look at all the Cobras there.

Andy

cobrap
01-04-13, 09:54 AM
So then, are any of you local guys going to join me and Tony Searle going to Stoneleigh? Going up Sat late afternoon and camping. Going home late Sunday afternoon.

M

Hi Mark. I expect Phil & I will travel up on Sunday morning, ready for the AGM.

neil50
01-04-13, 11:42 AM
I am hoping to go, just not sure what day as its work dependant. I'll keep an eye in the forums to see if there are any convoy's etc being planned :)