PDA

View Full Version : RAM Build Manual

Kelvindream
10-02-13, 08:47 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post so sorry if this is not in the right place...

i have just recently purchased myself a RAM cobra project, that is probably the worst stage to buy a kit car, somebody's half finished project...

The body is a RAM and has not been fixed to the chassis (which interestingly is from a TVR) and therefore I would benefit from a build manual to get the details for all fixing points and any info for alignment etc.

Would anybody be willing to send me an electronic copy?

Thanks

nealgs
10-02-13, 08:58 PM
Hi and welcome to the site :D

Seems a bit weird the Chassis being from a TVR. The original RAM chassis was a custom built jobby by Adrian Reynard i believe, so it sound like you have some sort of hybrid design there.

So i doubt the RAM build manual will help much.

Do you have any photos of the chassis etc that you can post on here?

The more knowledgable people on the forum will be along with help shortly :D

rgds
Gary

Kelvindream
10-02-13, 09:24 PM
Im on an ipad so not sure if this is the best way to do this but I have tried to attach a picture of the chassis.

As you can see there is a lot of work to do and my first jobs are to mount the radiator and fuel tank, both of which will require me to complete the body fix to the chassis. I appreciate the your comments about the manual but anything is better that what I currently have!

dolphinboy400
11-02-13, 08:28 PM
I have the build manual as do a few others but it won't help much with the body positioning as Gary has said the Ram came with it's own chassis designed by adrian Raynard. send me a PM with your e-mail address and i'll ping a copy over. I don't know if any of the others knows any more about fitting the body to a TVR chassis , it does look similar in some ways and way off in others. Sorry I cant be of more help.

p.s. look in my gallery ( in my signiture) for a few pics of what the chassis should look like. Your photo is upside down which didn't help too much ;)

TINKA
11-02-13, 09:36 PM
Would I be right in thinking that Cheng at Thunder road cars now builds Ram's what is left of Ram! might be worth giving him a call as he might be able to help.

nealgs
11-02-13, 10:21 PM
good thinking Martin, yep i do believe Cheng can help with RAM builds now

rgds
Gary

TINKA
11-02-13, 11:37 PM
Forgot to say welcome to the club Kelvin

steve faithfull
14-02-13, 09:56 PM
Hi
Cheng is always a good source of info and able to get many parts if required,
You may also like to try Adrian at Realm Engineering - who originally created the Ram and still produces parts to order and may be a little closer to you.

Regards
Steve

dingocooke
15-02-13, 05:15 PM
Hi
Cheng is always a good source of info and able to get many parts if required,
You may also like to try Adrian at Realm Engineering - who originally created the Ram and still produces parts to order and may be a little closer to you.

Regards
Steve

Ill email you one this weekend Kelvin

dolphinboy400
15-02-13, 07:16 PM
thanks for doing that dingo. I offered then realised I have no way of getting off my backup drive till i get a caddy :) I think PCWorld, has less stock every week that goes by, i've been to 2 now and they have nothing. Off to maplin's tomorrow.