PDA

View Full Version : DAX CCC suspension set up

jpnaylor
21-02-13, 10:00 AM
Hi All - I have recently purchased a 2006 DAX Cobra with the camber compensating suspension set up. Does anybody have any advice as to a fast road set up in terms of camber, toe in etc.

I have tried to contact DJ Sprortscars however they haven't appeared to have mastered the art of calling someone back...

Any help much appreciated as I am new to this game!

Cheers

Jean-Pierre

kdavies3
21-02-13, 10:06 AM
Hi JP, and welcome to the forum.
Dax themselves have recently started frequenting these pages a bit more often so you may get a response from them on here.
Or possibly from "Garyjetrike" who has associations with Dax too.

Lloyd Barnes
21-02-13, 11:19 AM
the settings are all in the build manual. If you have one, you'll find them at the rear of the manual. If not then someone on here should be able to help out. Sorry but my manual went with the car when it was sold.

aaronjb
21-02-13, 11:31 AM
Build manual settings are:

Front: 15' (minutes) toe in, 45' negative camber
Rear: Zero toe, camber/caster non adjustable

I'm not sure I'd deviate far from that even for 'fast road' given the way the camber compensating front end works with the DeDion rear end given the back end will always target 0ยบ camber (albeit it will change if the suspension is pitched by a bump/pothole)..

There are more detailed steps in the build manual for setting the front end up with regard to how you adjust the CC pushrods etc, but I'm not sure Dax would necessarily be happy with me sharing their IP here like that?

garyjettrike
21-02-13, 08:19 PM
as Aaron said ,and i wouldnt do any thing diferent the dax demo has done many track days with the same setings and tyre were is very evan across all 4 tyres,
make sure you set up the cross links on the front as per the manual first.

gumballcars
21-02-13, 10:18 PM
Dont get me started on call back from dax;-(

Purple AK
21-02-13, 10:27 PM
as Aaron said ,and i wouldnt do any thing diferent the dax demo has done many track days with the same setings and tyre were is very evan across all 4 tyres,
make sure you set up the cross links on the front as per the manual first.
Have Dax got a new demo car Gary? The last one was on fleebay 12 months ago. Dax Cobra 427 Replica Big Block Chevy | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dax-Cobra-427-Replica-Big-Block-Chevy-/140679070029?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20c120414d)

garyjettrike
23-02-13, 12:48 AM
Have Dax got a new demo car Gary? The last one was on fleebay 12 months ago. Dax Cobra 427 Replica Big Block Chevy | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dax-Cobra-427-Replica-Big-Block-Chevy-/140679070029?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20c120414d)

Sadly No:(