PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

thejones
02-03-13, 07:13 PM
A big thanks for all who gave me info over the past couple of weeks. Brought my first Cobra today left early down to lymington paid up then fingers crossed for no rain on the 110 mile trip back to Hemel, no rain but by god it was cold but not cold enough to stop the big grin all the way home.
Straight in the garage and two hours of cleaning and tinkering....heaven.
Regards TJ

britbits
02-03-13, 07:28 PM
great news now enjoy dont forget we like pictures as well, regards Dave B

bloke from stoke
02-03-13, 07:54 PM
Well, what have you bought then, come on fess up:p

Kind regards, Lester;)

thejones
02-03-13, 08:18 PM
Well, what have you bought then, come on fess up:p

Kind regards, Lester;)

The black 3500 pilgrim on AT that I've been asking for comments on, after worrying and wondering weather i was doing the right thing, when it done the return trip 110 miles no probs the wheels were not cleaned by the seller and these have come up all shiny like new as has all the other alloy and chrome. Need to get rid of a fair few scratches on black paint so any ideas welcome, also have a small I think oil leak to sort but at the moment overall I am we'll happy.
the roar of the exhausts and all the looks make it worth while roll on the summer.
Regards TJ

bloke from stoke
02-03-13, 08:28 PM
Well done, hope you enjoy it and go a bit steady until you get used to it.

Kind regards, Lester

Lotus11
02-03-13, 08:45 PM
That's great news TJ congrats

Was out in mind for the first time today, with all the on lookers it took me 20 minutes to fill her up with fuel.

thejones
02-03-13, 08:54 PM
What have you got and how long have you had? As for interest they get a lot of looks don't they?

Lotus11
02-03-13, 09:14 PM
I've got a pilgrim with a rv8 (much like the blue one on eBay and AT)

Had it got a couple of weeks but been tinkering and waxing her. today was the first run out...,,and the second....., and the third.

As bloke from stoke says they take a little getting use to but Christ she quick!

Like you I've got a few things to sort but nothing major.

Lotus11
02-03-13, 09:14 PM
Oh and you get a ridiculous amount of looks!

StewbieC
02-03-13, 09:38 PM
Oh and you get a ridiculous amount of looks!

like "look at that idiot with no roof on, it's flippin freezin!"

and the answer is normally "and ... check out my cheesy grin!!

I took mine out for the first blast of the season ...... Oh yessss!!

Enjoy them, that's what we go to work for!!

bloke from stoke
02-03-13, 09:48 PM
TJ,/Lotus11 on the way back from buying mine I had a guy in a Merc nearly drive into me because he was looking at it while we were on a roundabout, people taking pictures with phones, horns being tooted at us all the way back to Stoke, when I stopped at the services a crowd gathered for a good look at it and asked loads of questions. All this fuss and it was on the back of my mates recovery truck:p.

Get used to the attention from others, as far as I can tell, it does not go away

Kind regards, Lester;)

britbits
03-03-13, 07:36 AM
you shure it was the car they were tooting at Lester , you wasn't mooning out the truck window again was you hehe, regards Dave;)

digger782
03-03-13, 10:17 AM
Even after six years my face still hurts caused by the silly grin I have when driving my car !!!
good look with your new car and as others have said take it easy.
Graham

prototype71
03-03-13, 01:42 PM
..... also have a small I think oil leak to sort .....

When it stops leaking oil that's when you should worry...it's an RV8 after all...born to leak

Firestarter29
03-03-13, 02:36 PM
Taxed mine Friday then took it out to frighten the traffic in the sunshine Saturday. Boot down onto the M1, changed from 3rd to 5th and then had a look at the speedo to find out why all the other traffic appeared to be in reverse. Big cheesy grin all round :)

A quick solution to minor scratches on black paint is....... black marker pen (permanent is best) does the job until you can get around to doing it properly. That way you spend more time driving these things of beauty.

Welcome to the club Lotus 11 and Thejones, but take it steady, especially if the roads are damp ! :)

Daryn Smith
03-03-13, 07:46 PM
All the technology to hand and still not photographs :(

nealgs
04-03-13, 11:18 PM
yep ^ none of it is real until we see photos lol :D

Gary